DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Madden NFL 09 - Which store will have the best deal? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/537334-madden-nfl-09-store-will-have-best-deal.html)

tucker 08-08-08 04:41 AM

Madden NFL 09 - Which store will have the best deal?

i know Amazon is giving a $10 giftcard with the purchase of Madden 09

fumanstan 08-08-08 10:09 AM

Circuit City has a mini football. Toys R Us also has a $10 giftcard I believe along with a Brett Favre toy figure.

I don't think anyplace has it for less then the $59.99 price.

lordzeppelin 08-08-08 10:12 AM

I'm sure Gamestop (knowing how popular they are here) is running a 30-40% increase in trade values towards Madden, but I can't look it up right now at work. Which is probably the best deal if you have something to get rid of, provided it isn't the previous Madden.

fujishig 08-08-08 12:46 PM

Amazon is probably best if you don't have to pay tax on it (and if you don't declare it... :) ). However if you want it on day 1, you'll need to pony up 6 bucks, though, and the gift card is only useful if you're going to buy other stuff from amazon.

I think someone on CAG mentioned that TRU didn't seem to have the special edition in their system (at least not yet), so if you're going for that one, check to make sure.

fumanstan 08-08-08 01:19 PM

I went the Amazon route, since day one delivery is free if you have Amazon Prime. And since i've been buying blu-ray's from Amazon, the $10 GC will come in handy.

Now to decide whether I want to renew the trial of Amazon Prime in 5 days.

fujishig 08-08-08 02:33 PM

Any thoughts on which version to get if you have multiple systems? In this gen I've always gotten the 360 version, but I have a friend getting the PS3 one and I'm wondering if they're pretty much the same by now, or if there are still framerate issues, etc.

nodeerforamonth 08-08-08 06:46 PM

The one that has it at the cheapest price.

Tigger 08-08-08 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig
Any thoughts on which version to get if you have multiple systems? In this gen I've always gotten the 360 version, but I have a friend getting the PS3 one and I'm wondering if they're pretty much the same by now, or if there are still framerate issues, etc.

In addition, I'm very curious about if the create a player mode has changed or is the same as last year. When PS3/360 came out, the PS2 version still had the original create a player mode.. but the next gen systems changed it. I had also heard PS3 still had this mode last year but i chose 360. Anyone have the skinny?

SexualPudding 08-08-08 07:34 PM

7-11 stores....yes, 7-11, are/were doing preorders for it priced at $49.99. YMMV.

ds6161 08-08-08 07:48 PM

canceled BBuy pre-order for the Amazon deal. With Prime I'll get it same day!!
Was using BB Reward certs. that expired 8/1, but since I used them they will be re-issued with a new exp date.

Drexl 08-08-08 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by fujishig

The PS3 version runs at 60fps, so they should both be equal in framerate. However, I remember that past versions would slow down in the snow, or sometimes when the whole field was visible, so I don't know if either one is susceptible to that.

I would just get the one for the controller you prefer, but also keep in mind that the 360 would have more players online. Of course, if playing with your friend is more important, get that one.

I ordered this from Amazon, but I'm a little concerned about the gift card because I have yet to receive the one I'm supposed to get for Gran Turismo Prologue.

redcat 08-10-08 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl
I ordered this from Amazon, but I'm a little concerned about the gift card because I have yet to receive the one I'm supposed to get for Gran Turismo Prologue.

I wouldn't worry about it. Amazon always clears up any issues immediately when they come up. I ordered my Madden from them since they have the $10 discount and I'll get the release date delivery at no extra cost (Prime member.)

On a side note, I just looked over at operationsports.com, and their Madden 2009 impressions thread already has over 1000 posts in the last few days. The game isn't even officially out yet. Those are some dedicated people.

gotrice487 08-10-08 06:47 PM

If by best deal you mean price, Costco always has it for a few bucks cheaper than everyone else

Decker 08-10-08 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Toys R Us also has a $10 giftcard I believe along with a Brett Favre toy figure.

I was going to get in on this deal right away. Then I thought about it and realized I didn't really want the game right now and so I decided I would pass on it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should go ahead and get it anyway. I need to think about it for a few more days before I pull the trigger.

;)

Jtnguyen12 08-10-08 09:48 PM

Toysrus have the BEST DEAL.

Buy Madden 09 get Free LE Figure - 20% off coupon (valid from 8/15-8/24) = $47.99 + (Free $10 GC) = $37.99 plus taxes.

fumanstan 08-10-08 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Decker
I was going to get in on this deal right away. Then I thought about it and realized I didn't really want the game right now and so I decided I would pass on it. Now I'm thinking maybe I should go ahead and get it anyway. I need to think about it for a few more days before I pull the trigger.

;)

Just get it now. It's not like you're getting any better at Geometry Wars 2 or anything. :p

Decker 08-10-08 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Just get it now. It's not like you're getting any better at Geometry Wars 2 or anything. :p

Do you just like wait for me to post so you can throw in some GW2 smack?

:D

Drexl 08-10-08 10:57 PM

You sound like the guy on the cover. :)

I'm not sure if you'll still get the figure on Friday (8-15) though. Is it only for pre-orders or just while supplies last?

movieking 08-11-08 10:59 AM

Sorry, but when you initially passed on it, we committed to giving the game to someone else who wanted it. If you wish, we can put you on the wait list to get the game if he is unable to perform up to par with it, or he becomes injured and cannot play the game. However, instead of putting us in this awkward situation, we would like to offer you a payout for the next 10 years. If this is not acceptable, we'll have no choice but to trade your game order to EB Games so we both can move on from this unfortunate situation.

Seriously though, these Madden games overwhelm me with the amount of choices that can be up to you. I have it preordered at EB Games locally (trade two in and get it for $9.99 - great deal), but there is a good chance that I'll just trade/sell it right away. I just wanted to get rid of a couple of games.

nateman 08-11-08 12:03 PM

Not for the 360 or PS3, but for $199.99 you can get a Madden LE PSP package on August 12th. At Best Buy in Canada you also get a free copy of MLB 08: The Show. At Future Shop in Canada you get a free copy of Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2.

damn_skippy 08-11-08 01:44 PM

so whats the best deal i cant seem to gte the toys r us coupon to print

BravesMG 08-11-08 02:42 PM

Has anyone else's Madden shipped from Amazon for release-date arrival? I'm a prime member and it said I'd have it tomorrow, but it hasn't shipped yet...

fumanstan 08-11-08 02:59 PM

Mine hasn't shipped either. I was thinking the same thing this morning.

DaveWadding 08-11-08 03:50 PM

Mine hasn't shipped either.

damn_skippy 08-11-08 03:56 PM

WHERE IS THE BEST DEAL????

I would love to do the toys r us deal but i cant find that 20% OFF coupon. it keeps saying page expired.