Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official Little Big Planet (PS3) Thread!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Little Big Planet (PS3) Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
[QUOTE=RockyMtnBri;8993654]It's a load of fun! I got my beta key finally from USA Today only an hour after I requested it. I have been playing the included levels to earn more stuff. I enjoyed the level with the boots and ghosts on it - had to figure out the jetpack/barrel dynamic three times before I got it! Unfortunately I'm heading out of town tomorrow and won't be back until Monday, so I only have tonight to play! I believe the beta's over as of October 12th - hopefully a demo will come out between then and the 21st![/QUOTE]

I can gurantee you that Sony is gonna open the beta up for everyone to use after the 12th. Its all just to get everyone hyped up. Its kinda odd that USA Today would give out beta keys when its only a few days away from the beta being shut down.
Old 10-09-08, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mhg83
Its kinda odd that USA Today Sony would give out beta keys when its only a few days away from the beta being shut down.
Fixed.
Old 10-09-08, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hype is hype. There's no reason for a Beta over a full Demo anyway. The only reason is to create an air of anticipation.

If it feels more popular/elite, then it must be something awesome you're missing out on.

Didn't everyone assume that's what Nintendo has been doing with the Wii all along to create a false sense of demand and hype?

Sad thing is LBP doesn't need that sort of veil.
Old 10-09-08, 10:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Gromit
Can I get in on the generosity list? I'm curious to see what this game is all about and I don't think Gamefly is going to be an option for a while.

Thanks!
Never mind, I was able to get a code tonight from wikia.com. Downloading now. Thanks.
Old 10-10-08, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As a game I'm not so impressed. Thiink this is actually gonna turn me off from buying it. The platforming just isn't that much fun in any of the levels I've played. Maybe if the scoring evolved a bit, or we had some more tricks to add some skill to chaining the orbs together.

I wish I had enough time to devote to building somethring awesome, because I think that's where the true fun lies.
Old 10-10-08, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by kaze0
As a game I'm not so impressed. Thiink this is actually gonna turn me off from buying it. The platforming just isn't that much fun in any of the levels I've played. Maybe if the scoring evolved a bit, or we had some more tricks to add some skill to chaining the orbs together.

I wish I had enough time to devote to building somethring awesome, because I think that's where the true fun lies.
Give co-op a shot before writing it off. I wasn't too impressed with the included levels either but still had a blast running through some of the user generated stuff with UncleGramps.

Hopefully a demo will feature a few more interesting levels.
Old 10-10-08, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I can't get past the introduction. It gets to the part where the narrator tells you how to do your facial expressions, arm movements, etc. but I can't move past that. When I get to that area, a second sackboy appears with 'introducing:' over his head, but that's it.

I don't have a second controller or anything else plugged in. I do have the bluetooth DVD remote enabled, but I'm not using it.

Edit - Eventually it said 'you have lost all of your lives' and I was able to return to the 'pod'. Weird.
Old 10-10-08, 11:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd love to try the demo, but after 1.5 hours of downloading last night, it was still at 40%. Fuck that shit.
Old 10-10-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Gromit
I can't get past the introduction. It gets to the part where the narrator tells you how to do your facial expressions, arm movements, etc. but I can't move past that. When I get to that area, a second sackboy appears with 'introducing:' over his head, but that's it.

I don't have a second controller or anything else plugged in. I do have the bluetooth DVD remote enabled, but I'm not using it.

Edit - Eventually it said 'you have lost all of your lives' and I was able to return to the 'pod'. Weird.
I was having the same problem last night. You need to turn off the blue tooth remote before starting the game. Otherwise it thinks you have a second player in the game.
Old 10-10-08, 11:25 AM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
I'd love to try the demo, but after 1.5 hours of downloading last night, it was still at 40%. Fuck that shit.
Wow, took less than 30 minutes for me to download and install. Guess a lot of extra "codes" have been released, huh? My impressions of the game so far are that it's kind of...boring. I dunno, I hope that's just because it's a demo and I'm not really exploring the game entirely.
Old 10-10-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by edstein
I was having the same problem last night. You need to turn off the blue tooth remote before starting the game. Otherwise it thinks you have a second player in the game.
That was it. I disabled the remote and was able to move on.

So far, I'm a bit underwhelmed. It looks nice collecting/unlocking new stuff will be interesting, but the gameplay isn't that exciting. I'm guessing the appeal is creating your own levels? I haven't gotten that far in the demo/beta.
Old 10-10-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by edstein
They really need to fix that. Why would it automatically assume you want to play two players? Unplugging the remote dongle every time I want to play the game will get tiresome. Even more tiresome, remembering to plug it back in.
Old 10-10-08, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Man I was having this problem too, almost to the point where I decided I'd abandon the game entirely. Turns out I had the Buzz USB adapter still plugged in and the system treated that like another player.
Old 10-10-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
WTF ever happened to pressing start to join a game? Let alone the OS recognizing different input types that maybe the game would be interested in ignoring...
Old 10-10-08, 06:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Yep, I had the same problem when I started.

Had the Buzz dongle connected and it kept setting my controller to input 2... which was made more difficult since it was the first time I was using the DS3 that I bought.

Made it look like that it was a 2 player only game... which would have killed the game for me.

Move 1 player along, other player dies... then at the end, move 1 player to the end, go into the PS3 options and change the controller assignment, go back in the game and move the 2nd player to the end...

FUN!!!
Old 10-11-08, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm still up in the air if I want to get this or not. I loved the art direction/graphics and the game seemed fun, but I don't see myself doing much customizing as I generally just don't put the time and effort into things like that. I know there will be lots of user created stuff to play regardless.

I may pre-order....just trying to decide where. I have some GameStop credit which I may just use on this and get the Kratos costume/level pack.

I did play the BETA...but only had a short time to play with it. Seems fun....not sure what the "real" point is rather than just collecting stuff.
Old 10-11-08, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
I'm still up in the air if I want to get this or not. I loved the art direction/graphics and the game seemed fun, but I don't see myself doing much customizing as I generally just don't put the time and effort into things like that. I know there will be lots of user created stuff to play regardless.

I may pre-order....just trying to decide where. I have some GameStop credit which I may just use on this and get the Kratos costume/level pack.

I did play the BETA...but only had a short time to play with it. Seems fun....not sure what the "real" point is rather than just collecting stuff.
I feel pretty much the same, but it is growing on me. I'll probably never create anything, but the the tools they give you are amazing.
Old 10-11-08, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts
I haven't stepped foot into a Gamestop in over a year. Are the LBP pre-order bonuses worth going there? Keep in mind, otherwise, I'll be getting the game about a week early from a mom&pop store.
Old 10-11-08, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Quick question: if you are playing coop, can you customize your character at the same time ?
Old 10-11-08, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I didn't pre-order, and the guy at Gamestop gave me the bonus. It's just a little card with a part where you scratch off a code.
Old 10-12-08, 06:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Raul3
Quick question: if you are playing coop, can you customize your character at the same time ?
You can locally so I don't see why not online.
Old 10-12-08, 08:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
By far the best user created level of all time:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbc2BQYIuCs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qbc2BQYIuCs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Old 10-12-08, 09:25 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

After playing the beta I really don't know if I want this game anymore. It's fun, but I don't think I will be creating anything anytime soon. I believe the creation of a level is the real star of the game, and when people like me just play other people's levels it gets boring after awhile. You don't know how many broken levels I played only to find out you can't complete the level. Sometimes it feels like a waste of time. Now I know the disc comes with something like 50 pre-created levels, am sure those will be good. I just don't know with so many games coming out this October, I may have to put LBP on the back burner for now.
Old 10-12-08, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I found a surprise at Target tonight:

Old 10-12-08, 07:51 PM
Banned

You got all that at Target? Impressive.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.