Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Fallout 3 Thread Of Exploding Teddy Bears

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-09, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: The Fallout 3 Thread Of Exploding Teddy Bears

Originally Posted by fujishig
For the followers: I understand that you can use them as pack mules to hold your stuff, but do they use the armor/weapons you gave them, and if so do you need to give them ammo? I realize the stuff won't degrade, and that their default weapons are endless, just wondering if they actually benefit from the stuff you give them.
They will use armor/weapons that you give them, and you will have to give them ammo Ibelieve for the weapons you give them.
Old 01-08-09, 09:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
I dropped my charisma to 1, and Str to 4.

I boosted INT to 8, Perception at 6, agility and luck at 7 each.

Now INT is +9 (got a bobblehead), str is +5 bobblehead, perception is at 8 and agility is at 8 and luck at 7.
Problem with that is that with high INT and low CHR, I don't think all the speech options (or very many) will be available with a lot of chars.

Now between the bobbleheads and some other perks and things (off the top of my head I can't remember other than the SPECIAL perk) - I think I ended up with INT at 10+ and Perception too - at least, Perception was 10+ at night since I took "night Person" as well as finding the bobblehead. It's nice that you're not stuck with the same stats the whole game. In Fallout 2 they also had the stat raising operations you could take with the Brotherhood - but they were really expensive and I don't remember if you could do more than 3 or 4 of them.
Old 01-08-09, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Does anyone know if you decide to blow up Megaton, does it mess up your other side quests like Blood Ties and the ones for Moira?
Old 01-08-09, 09:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
Does anyone know if you decide to blow up Megaton, does it mess up your other side quests like Blood Ties and the ones for Moira?
I could still do Blood Ties but you will lose the Survival guide missions. Blowing up Megaton does look pretty cool though!
Old 01-08-09, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts
first expansion pack

Didn't see this posted yet:

Snowy Fallout 3 DLC Screens, Now With More Ninja

Bethesda is back to their old three screenshots at a time tricks, delivering three chilly new screenshots from their upcoming Operation Anchorage downloadable content for Fallout 3.

The three appropriately snowbound screens are helpfully titled as what they depict. The water screenshot depicts your character staring out over the water; the base screenshot shows off a base; and the ninja screenshot features a guy who is going to die so I can wear his armor. Dressing for success in the world of Fallout 3 is a dangerous game, and a guy in a ninja outfit isn't going to last very long. His death is a moral imperative.

The DLC will be available later this month for 800 Microsoft points, or $9.99 in real money.

http://kotaku.com/5126179/snowy-fall...ith-more-ninja

some images:

Old 01-08-09, 11:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, I feel so late to the party. Just cracked open my copy of the game tonight, and been playing for a couple hours now. Doing odd quests in Megaton, and am now faced with the (tough) decision of should I blow up the town or let it stay. Ha! I never knew a game would make me care so much. I guess i'm just worried about the after effects.

I got a newbie question however. Sometime between the mission of raiding the supermarket for food/medicine and the trip back, my character is not able to run/jump or fast travel. I am at perfect health and only 31 points of radiation. I took a drug and that seemed to clear it up, although once it wore off I went back to my current state. A message popped up and said I am overincumbered. How can I prevent this?

Last edited by DeanoBKN; 01-08-09 at 11:14 PM.
Old 01-08-09, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Dean Kousoulas
A message popped up and said I am overincumbered. How can I prevent this?
Stash (or drop) some of your goods. You have too much stuff.
Old 01-08-09, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

If you can repair anything, that will generally increase the condition/damage or DR of the weapon/apparel and lighten your load (using the components of the worse item to repair the better one).
I originally was frustrated with the inventory system, like in Oblivion, but unlike Oblivion, you can sell pretty much anything to any merchant, and the inventory layout is easier to navigate. Plus, I'm carrying tons of random goodies and at least fifteen weapons, so I guess I shouldn't complain too much.

Those DLC screens look beautiful. I'm looking forward to all three episodes. The only thing I don't like is that in about eight-ten months there will be a Game of the Year edition with everything packed in for much cheaper than I would have paid for the content. But this game is worth playing now.
Old 01-08-09, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense in a way, I always thought it was silly how I could carry 100's of items at once
Old 01-08-09, 11:32 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TimeandTide
And I think it's worth pointing out - if you stash stuff in any random locker/garbage can/metal box/etc., it will stay there, so don't worry about losing all your stuff if you stash it for a while. But if you're a pack-rat like me, make sure to write down where you stash stuff, since it's easy to forget where things were put.
Old 01-09-09, 12:12 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can not wait until the DLC comes out.

For me Fallout 3 and Mass Effect have led the way for this generation of games. There have been some amazing games that all rate a 9 or higher this generation: Bioshock, Uncharted, MGS4, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, R6V, Gears of War and so on but these all seem to be just a step forward from the last generation, and while I had a blast with them they didn’t linger like Mass Effect or Fallout.

Mass Effect and Fallout 3 made me feel like I was 16 again and playing my first computer RPG game, or in college and enjoying the opera scene from Final Fantasy 3. I love the fact the DLC is coming out so close to the games release, and if it is about 5-10 hours for each of them, having another 15-30 hours of Fallout 3 over the next 3 months is amazing.
Old 01-09-09, 05:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
I can not wait until the DLC comes out.

For me Fallout 3 and Mass Effect have led the way for this generation of games. There have been some amazing games that all rate a 9 or higher this generation: Bioshock, Uncharted, MGS4, Call of Duty 4, Halo 3, R6V, Gears of War and so on but these all seem to be just a step forward from the last generation, and while I had a blast with them they didn’t linger like Mass Effect or Fallout.

Mass Effect and Fallout 3 made me feel like I was 16 again and playing my first computer RPG game, or in college and enjoying the opera scene from Final Fantasy 3. I love the fact the DLC is coming out so close to the games release, and if it is about 5-10 hours for each of them, having another 15-30 hours of Fallout 3 over the next 3 months is amazing.
Regarding the DLC...

Spoiler:
presumably we'll be able to use our main character....who died at the end of the game?
Old 01-09-09, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
Regarding the DLC...

Spoiler:
presumably we'll be able to use our main character....who died at the end of the game?

It'll be interesting to see how they explain that.
Old 01-09-09, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

No, Moira will be found in the underworld. It might mess up blood ties, so I would do that before you blow up megaton
Old 01-09-09, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, I feel so late to the party. Just cracked open my copy of the game tonight, and been playing for a couple hours now. Doing odd quests in Megaton, and am now faced with the (tough) decision of should I blow up the town or let it stay. Ha! I never knew a game would make me care so much. I guess i'm just worried about the after effects.

I got a newbie question however. Sometime between the mission of raiding the supermarket for food/medicine and the trip back, my character is not able to run/jump or fast travel. I am at perfect health and only 31 points of radiation. I took a drug and that seemed to clear it up, although once it wore off I went back to my current state. A message popped up and said I am overincumbered. How can I prevent this?
You can't fast travelw hen encumbered, so just stash some stuff at the super duper mart, fast travel back and forth between megaton and mart until you have transfered everything over.
Old 01-09-09, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the quick reply. That makes sense in a way, I always thought it was silly how I could carry 100's of items at once
Like someone had already mentioned, AMMO and Drugs/Medicine does not carry any weight, which is awesome. And weapons/armor can be repaired to reduce inventory
Old 01-09-09, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I think two out of the 3 DLC are virtual environments, right? Not sure how you access them within the game, though.

About weight: Be aware that there are some special items that do have weight, but cannot be dropped off in lockers. You'll see them in your inventory, but not when you open up a locker.

Finished the game yesterday:

Spoiler:

End battle seemed like a letdown. I spent all this time stockpiling awesome weapons, and didn't reallly get a chance to use them. It was much harder to track down and kill the super behemoths. The robot did all the heavy lifting! Still a great game, great ending, and great branching end story.

I only really noticed the Head of State sidequest present in my ending... is that the only major sidequest that shows up? Or are there other ones?

I also didn't realize that the FEV would kill "normal" people, not just the super mutants and ghouls. Guess I didn't listen to the President's speech closely enough.
Old 01-09-09, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by superdeluxe
No, Moira will be found in the underworld. It might mess up blood ties, so I would do that before you blow up megaton
I blew up Megaton. It was beautiful! I have another save to go back before I blew it up. Apparently, there's a bobblehead in Lucas Simm's house that I hadn't got before I blew it up.
Old 01-09-09, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Tuan Jim
Problem with that is that with high INT and low CHR, I don't think all the speech options (or very many) will be available with a lot of chars.
I think the only options you do not get are the [CHR], options in the dialogue. But you will get other options as well [INT], [STR] etc

The speech options are controlled by your speech rating i think, which you can just pump skill points into.
Old 01-09-09, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I blew up Megaton. It was beautiful! I have another save to go back before I blew it up. Apparently, there's a bobblehead in Lucas Simm's house that I hadn't got before I blew it up.
Before blowing it up, i would steal everything as well. And since you are going evil, might as well pick up Jericho. Who is a bad karma guy NPC
Old 01-09-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

"Along with removing the game's 'ending' with Broken Steel, we figure raising the level cap would allow them to [enjoy the game for longer]. We plan on raising it to level 30 - but it will be a long, hard climb to get there!"
http://kotaku.com/5127350/fallout-3-...ialed-up-to-30
Old 01-09-09, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts

I guess that means everyone needs to save before the end battle, just in case. At level 20, though, it's easy enough to destroy most everything... the new environments must be really deadly, since I'll have 10 more perks (and I'll finally get Ninja) at level 30!
Old 01-09-09, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I sure hope they add new monsters. By level 20 you are pretty much indestructable.
Old 01-09-09, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are 360 owners the only ones getting DLC?
Old 01-09-09, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

PC and 360 it seems.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.