Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 04-03-14, 09:38 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by wlj
i may start a WD this weekend. Take a look at my current barbarian build. I am having alot of success with it. I am doing torment 1 fine, but my gear isn't really good enough to go much higher. I like my weapons, although I think it is time to upgrade my off-hand. I just haven't had anything drop to replace it yet. Not very many people use 2 handers anymore. I have gotten some good ones to drop, but they are never better than what i have going right now. I got one that was 2700 DPS, but it would still have been a downgrade for me. I really want to fine some good pants with sockets but no luck yet.

Try out my skills and passives and see if you like it. I will copy your WD build for sure.
That build is essentially the build i was using before i left. i'm glad to know its decent again! it was always my favorite. i've been saving decent 1h weapons to use, but they all have the wrong stat obviously. i'm sure i'll pick up stuff along the way
Old 04-04-14, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I finally tried adv mode with my wizard. We went through adv mode with a group of 3 / 4 and we all did different bounties to get the cube faster. We started off on expert but ended up changing it to hard just to get through it faster. It seems kind of dumb not to offer a reward for doing all the acts. Next time I am just going to do the bonus acts over and over. I also accidentally opened a rift so we got to try that as well. I thought it took a bit long to get the boss to come out but I guess that's the point?

Last edited by Krayzie; 04-04-14 at 07:08 AM.
Old 04-04-14, 07:46 AM
wlj

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Adventure mode is a blast. I got in vballboy's party last night and we did a few rifts and had a great time.

Listen to how big a dumbass I am...I had no clue you could "gamble" with these blood shards until last night and get new gear. I didn't have alot of luck with the 200 I used but I did get these 2 socketed pants and some rings in my stash.

Last edited by wlj; 04-04-14 at 07:52 AM.
Old 04-04-14, 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
Adventure mode is a blast. I got in vballboy's party last night and we did a few rifts and had a great time.
yea, sorry about bailing, i meant to message you, but my other buddy stayed with you. i wanted to get away from the glass cannon mage

found some more upgrades yesterday. the Sever is an interesting weapon. i does some crazy "killing blow" damage. i saw a few 100mil crits. don't think it means much of anything though, but it was still an upgrade of a weapon.
Old 04-04-14, 08:30 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by vballboy51
yea, sorry about bailing, i meant to message you, but my other buddy stayed with you. i wanted to get away from the glass cannon mage

found some more upgrades yesterday. the Sever is an interesting weapon. i does some crazy "killing blow" damage. i saw a few 100mil crits. don't think it means much of anything though, but it was still an upgrade of a weapon.

no worries. i switched over to Marvel Heroes shortly after you left anyway to check out the new patch.

wow!! i just looked at your Sever, it is awesome. I think I am going to try to get my Wiz to 70. I have mainly just been farming with my Barb, but since upgrades are coming alot slower for me now with him...i am going to switch to another toon
Old 04-04-14, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
no worries. i switched over to Marvel Heroes shortly after you left anyway to check out the new patch.

wow!! i just looked at your Sever, it is awesome. I think I am going to try to get my Wiz to 70. I have mainly just been farming with my Barb, but since upgrades are coming alot slower for me now with him...i am going to switch to another toon
i feel the same way, though i'm loving the WD. i have my wiz at 66 already, not that hard to level them up. probably not going to worry about the DH anytime soon. i'm sure i'll see you on this weekend
Old 04-04-14, 09:24 AM
wlj

i feel the same way, though i'm loving the WD. i have my wiz at 66 already, not that hard to level them up. probably not going to worry about the DH anytime soon. i'm sure i'll see you on this weekend

Yeah, DH was my first 60 and I played her probably 150 hours. I just completely lost interest in that class. I fiddled around the other day and got to 62 with her, but it was a snoozefest.
Old 04-04-14, 09:29 AM

I have concluded that I do not know what stat I should be aiming for when I reroll stats. I am thinking all weapons without a socket should be rerolled to have a socket for the +crit dmg gem or life on hit. I have no idea what to do with items that already have a socket as I don't know what stat will improve dps the most.

I think I need to drop my toughness on my wiz and add dps. ~10 mill toughness buffed but only 250-270k dps. Resis are around 1300-1550. I have yet to go into T1 with the wiz but I imagine it should be okay.
Old 04-04-14, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I have concluded that I do not know what stat I should be aiming for when I reroll stats. I am thinking all weapons without a socket should be rerolled to have a socket for the +crit dmg gem or life on hit. I have no idea what to do with items that already have a socket as I don't know what stat will improve dps the most.

I think I need to drop my toughness on my wiz and add dps. ~10 mill toughness buffed but only 250-270k dps. Resis are around 1300-1550. I have yet to go into T1 with the wiz but I imagine it should be okay.
depends on the class, maybe the item, but AS/CS/CD are always good options. or of course primary stat / vit.

look at my helm for example. i rerolled and got vit. i may reroll in the future for Crit Chance, but i like the helm giving me nice life.

rings are nice, try to find a stat + trifecta ring, or make one rerolling one of those. if you find stat + AS + CS + something, there is your option!

my WD is a little different, since i'm less worried about my damage and more about my fetishes. thats why i socketed the weapon with a ruby, and thats why i'm hoping to stack more + physical gear. also, AS is becoming a priority for me.
Old 04-04-14, 12:23 PM
wlj

i always conduct very in-depth analysis when it comes to gear. I will look at the gear....if there is alot of +green then that is good and means "GO! and equip the gear". Red means bad.

Old 04-04-14, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by wlj
i always conduct very in-depth analysis when it comes to gear. I will look at the gear....if there is alot of +green then that is good and means "GO! and equip the gear". Red means bad.

that's what I want from the mystic! a big green or red sign next to each possible stat roll lol
Old 04-04-14, 01:54 PM

that's what I want from the mystic! a big green or red sign next to each possible stat roll lol
its so subjective. crit chance / dmg will have a big affect on stuff. with a low crit chance, dmg doesn't mean as much (duh)

if you really want to go big, stack chance and dmg. you'll see huge increases in paper dps. paper dps doesn't always tell the whole story though. judge it by your play style. sometimes some skill benefit from slower attack speeds (disintegrate comes to mind).

also, my one rule to live by in diablo: you do no damage dead. the first time i beat diablo on insane i had 5000 dps (yes, 5k). but i could survive and stun the shit out of him. my buddy took his wizard and between the two of us we made a great team. i always enjoy the experience of team play in this. last night we had my WD, WLJ's Barb, and a Monk and Wiz. auras + war cries + mantras = HUGE damage. makes it a lot of fun.

later it was me, the same monk and my friends wizard. we STORMED through T1 stuff. like it was silly how easy it was. we were taking down elite packs in < 10 seconds.
Old 04-04-14, 02:14 PM

its so subjective. crit chance / dmg will have a big affect on stuff. with a low crit chance, dmg doesn't mean as much (duh)

if you really want to go big, stack chance and dmg. you'll see huge increases in paper dps. paper dps doesn't always tell the whole story though. judge it by your play style. sometimes some skill benefit from slower attack speeds (disintegrate comes to mind).

also, my one rule to live by in diablo: you do no damage dead. the first time i beat diablo on insane i had 5000 dps (yes, 5k). but i could survive and stun the shit out of him. my buddy took his wizard and between the two of us we made a great team. i always enjoy the experience of team play in this. last night we had my WD, WLJ's Barb, and a Monk and Wiz. auras + war cries + mantras = HUGE damage. makes it a lot of fun.

later it was me, the same monk and my friends wizard. we STORMED through T1 stuff. like it was silly how easy it was. we were taking down elite packs in < 10 seconds.
The problem I have is I keep subtracting from my dps. IE I see something with -4% damage but +20% toughness and I'll end up equipping it lol

It's probably why I am always the only one alive at the end of the act 5 boss but it takes me a long time to kill crap.
Old 04-04-14, 03:57 PM
wlj

50% Exp boost this weekend
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1364...onday-4-4-2014
Old 04-06-14, 10:59 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Love this game...and today was a good day.

The weekend started out bad. My friend lost his 180 hour WD on a torm 1 rift run. Things have been so easy, but if you get to the cemetery on any rift, it is basically elites on crack. We got hit with maybe 8 or 9 elite packs at once...all with frozen, arcane, ect. My son and I were playing our monks and we got out ok, but my friends poor wd was toast. It was a true beast of a WD as well...we were shaking so hard all three of us, but that is what hardcore is all about.

Today though I really improved my monk. My in game sheet dps is up to 920,000....and my toughness is 14 mill. I also proc the 110% additional poison damage when attacking from my helm and 100% per second fire damage from my firewalkers, which seem to now hit people not only behind you but about 5 yards in front of you.

I got two pieces of the monk level 70 set...and I improved my main weapon big time. The real kicker was my Mara's Kaleidoscope. When I first saw what it was I was disappointed. I really want the amulet that prevents arcane damage, and when I saw this one prevented poison and healed you when you take poison I grunted. Fortunately it already had crit chance and I was able to roll crit damage, along with the near 700 dex and 700 vit. Then I realized how much poison is part of this game. Arcane beams are nasty, but that is the only arcane in the game. Poison on the other hand comes from elite affix's of plagued....poison...enhanced poison...also Ghom, those suicide exploders on act 2...those bugs on act 2 that shoot boogers at you...poison guys that hit your feet with pools on act 3...spiders on act 1...and the list goes on.

It is crazy getting hit with 30 boogers from the flying bugs on act 2 and not taking any damage....

Good day...
Old 04-06-14, 11:03 PM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

almost forgot my crit chance, crit damage, dex stone of jordan that does 25% extra damage to elites...that thing is a beast..
Old 04-07-14, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd
almost forgot my crit chance, crit damage, dex stone of jordan that does 25% extra damage to elites...that thing is a beast..
Sadly, my stone of jordan rolled terrible stats. I was excited when I saw it was a SoJ due to D2 but then I looked at the stats...
Old 04-07-14, 10:18 AM
wlj

For some reason I have hit a real dry spell over the past couple of days. I haven't been getting good loot at all. Hopefully it will turn around soon.

FoxDVD -- sorry to hear about your friends WD. That sucks. You hardcore guys are....hardcore. i would be depressed if I lost a toon I had put 180 hours into.
Old 04-08-14, 08:10 AM
wlj

dude, I started a Witch Doctor last night and got him to 24. i am having the freaking best time. That class is extremely fun. Nice breath of fresh air from Barb farming most of the time.
Old 04-08-14, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
dude, I started a Witch Doctor last night and got him to 24. i am having the freaking best time. That class is extremely fun. Nice breath of fresh air from Barb farming most of the time.
I like how the minions are actually useful now. I think I still like my wiz the best though.
Old 04-08-14, 11:47 AM

I have found every 2h sword legendary in the game over the last 2 days. good thing i DONT FREAKING USE THEM.

also managed to find the same legendary knife back to back. gave the second one to a buddy. i'm slowly getting upgrades, and working on leveling my barb. still having fun, just really want another piece of Zuni's set. is that too much to ask? (answer, yes)
Old 04-08-14, 11:49 AM

I have found every 2h sword legendary in the game over the last 2 days. good thing i DONT FREAKING USE THEM.

also managed to find the same legendary knife back to back. gave the second one to a buddy. i'm slowly getting upgrades, and working on leveling my barb. still having fun, just really want another piece of Zuni's set. is that too much to ask? (answer, yes)
I have found 0 set items on T1. My daughter found me a duplicate 1h legendary crossbow on normal. Sadly it's unique so you can't equip two. Damn game giving me two of the same crossbow and not allowing me to equip both...
Old 04-08-14, 12:22 PM
wlj

i haven't been getting a whole lot of legendaries. I did get 2 yesterday, but that was after a dry spell over several days. I haven't gotten a set item since the one I got the day after release of RoS.
Old 04-08-14, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by wlj
i haven't been getting a whole lot of legendaries. I did get 2 yesterday, but that was after a dry spell over several days. I haven't gotten a set item since the one I got the day after release of RoS.
I have concluded that my daughter has better luck than me. She logs on one of my guy, runs around for a few minutes on normal and says look I got an orange item! This happened 3 times last night...
Old 04-08-14, 12:30 PM
wlj

I have concluded that my daughter has better luck than me. She logs on one of my guy, runs around for a few minutes on normal and says look I got an orange item! This happened 3 times last night...

the 2 legs i did get were like level 15 for my WD. One weapon, and one helm. I upgraded them with rares soon after i got them. I didn't even use the weapon, I went over to the crafting station and crafted a better rare the first try.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.