Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 03-17-14, 08:49 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by vballboy51
if its not hardcore i'll help you get the wiz to 60. i'm just running T1 searching for gear. goes quick. I got the Wiz and WD to 60 in the last 2 weeks. only 60 i don't have is a Monk, i'll hold off on that for now

no, i don't play hardcore....too much of a scaredy cat. I will look for you online. With the new baby, my play time is sporadic.
Old 03-17-14, 08:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if its not hardcore i'll help you get the wiz to 60. i'm just running T1 searching for gear. goes quick. I got the Wiz and WD to 60 in the last 2 weeks. only 60 i don't have is a Monk, i'll hold off on that for now
I thought leveling the monk was pretty fun. I actually like him more than the DH I got to 39. I am trying the barb now so maybe I just like melee more than ranged.
Old 03-17-14, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
i went from 5 to 42 over the weekend with my Wizard. I love that class, it has been alot of fun. I also love loot 2.0. It is so refreshing getting upgrades and not having to use the auction house to get everything. I have jumped head first in the deep end with D3 again. I have a level 60 Barb and level 60 DH and I should have my wizard to level 60 this week sometime.

I forgot that you could equip hellfire rings from the get go with a new toon. That 35% exp bonus on those rings really help out.

I also love that you can change difficulties whenever you want...you don't have to keep going through the game on a difficulty to unlock another difficulty.
I had to google what a hellfire ring was. That lead me to having to google what an infernal machine was lol
Old 03-17-14, 09:01 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by Krayzie
I had to google what a hellfire ring was. That lead me to having to google what an infernal machine was lol

Yeah, they can be confusing....you have to jump through alot of hoops to get them and they usually don't even get the "roll" you want.

you have to get keys from the key wardens....which are random drops....then make a machine and try to get 3 organs in the boss fights....which is random. Then after all that, go craft a ring and then.....

THIS RING SUCKS!!!
Old 03-17-14, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tempted to try farming for a Hellfire ring, but it sounds like a insane waste of time.
Old 03-17-14, 09:21 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by flashburn
Tempted to try farming for a Hellfire ring, but it sounds like a insane waste of time.

ehhh...if you have alot of new toons you want to level....that 35% exp boost you get with all of them is nice, plus since you can equip it so early you can really boost your stats on a very low level toon.

I didn't realize I could do this till i was in the twenties. I boosted damage up alot. i went from like 400 DPS to 2,000 dps after i equipped it

but it can be time consuming IF you have poor luck. For instance all of the keywardens dropped their keys on first try...but the last warden won't drop one and you have tried like 10 runs. You have to do all of this to make a machine which will get you into one boss fight. Hopefully the organ will drop, but chances are it won't. you will be doing alot of grinding...sometimes very frustrating

The best way is to have friends doing the same thing...you can tag along and join in their machine runs.

another thing to remember which will make this grind a little more "fun" NOW. Loot 2.0...you will do alot of grinding, but good gear drops now so you won't feel like you are just doing key runs only. you have an actual chance now to get good loot while you are grinding these rings

Last edited by wlj; 03-17-14 at 09:29 AM.
Old 03-17-14, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
ehhh...if you have alot of new toons you want to level....that 35% exp boost you get with all of them is nice, plus since you can equip it so early you can really boost your stats on a very low level toon.

I didn't realize I could do this till i was in the twenties. I boosted damage up alot. i went from like 400 DPS to 2,000 dps after i equipped it

but it can be time consuming IF you have poor luck. For instance all of the keywardens dropped their keys on first try...but the last warden won't drop one and you have tried like 10 runs. You have to do all of this to make a machine which will get you into one boss fight. Hopefully the organ will drop, but chances are it won't. you will be doing alot of grinding...sometimes very frustrating

The best way is to have friends doing the same thing...you can tag along and join in their machine runs.

another thing to remember which will make this grind a little more "fun" NOW. Loot 2.0...you will do alot of grinding, but good gear drops now so you won't feel like you are just doing key runs only. you have an actual chance now to get good loot while you are grinding these rings
With the current 50% exp bonus, it might be faster to just level without the ring lol
Old 03-17-14, 11:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Bear in mind that the keys, etc don't drop unless you're in Torment mode, so if you aren't geared for T1 or higher you can't farm for the ring without significant help. The higher the difficulty, the better the drop rate.
Old 03-17-14, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

I'm gonna miss that experience buff! They should delay the expansion a few more weeks.
Old 03-17-14, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Groucho
Bear in mind that the keys, etc don't drop unless you're in Torment mode, so if you aren't geared for T1 or higher you can't farm for the ring without significant help. The higher the difficulty, the better the drop rate.
How does T1 compare to the original Inferno scale? IE would it be like Act 1 Inferno?
Old 03-17-14, 01:27 PM

How does T1 compare to the original Inferno scale? IE would it be like Act 1 Inferno?
better to compare it to the monster powers of the previous stuff. T1 is like mp1/2. T2 is mp3 T3 mp4 then it really ratchets up. T5 and T6 are pretty serious.

my WD that i created and used very little existing stuff is doing just fine in T1/T2. that's with a few legendaries that i've found. it takes pretty good gear / group to get t5/t6 done
Old 03-17-14, 01:31 PM

better to compare it to the monster powers of the previous stuff. T1 is like mp1/2. T2 is mp3 T3 mp4 then it really ratchets up. T5 and T6 are pretty serious.

my WD that i created and used very little existing stuff is doing just fine in T1/T2. that's with a few legendaries that i've found. it takes pretty good gear / group to get t5/t6 done
I think I quit before they introduced the mp scale. I am going to have to wander around T1 later and see how it is after I look over all the WD / Wiz skills.
Old 03-17-14, 02:36 PM

I think I quit before they introduced the mp scale. I am going to have to wander around T1 later and see how it is after I look over all the WD / Wiz skills.
oh, then to answer your question, T1 is WAY easier than inferno if you quit that early you quit when inferno was almost impossible.
Old 03-18-14, 08:22 AM
wlj

well, i think I finally have a skillset to make my barbarian serviceable. I won't be taking on the high Torment levels, but I should be able to do some torment. here is what I am using.

oh yeah, the gear I have equipped sucks. I put alot of my good stuff on the RMAH last night to see if I would sell any. Alot of what I have equipped was from drops last night. So, I was doing torment 1 with this skill set and crappy armor, so when I put back on some of my good stuff I should be even better. I am embarrassed of the chest armor I have equipped but it is the best thing that dropped in that hour I played.
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/G...6/hero/3243379

Before the patch i could just run right in the middle of any mob and destroy everything and live. Now, I find that I rend (lacerate) in a mob quickly and then run away. I am surprised at how many enemies I can take out easily with just doing that.

Also I recently started a Wizard, i am only at 46, but I would love to hear your opinions if I am on the right track skill and gear wise.

Last edited by wlj; 03-18-14 at 08:31 AM.
Old 03-18-14, 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
well, i think I finally have a skillset to make my barbarian serviceable. I won't be taking on the high Torment levels, but I should be able to do some torment. here is what I am using.

oh yeah, the gear I have equipped sucks. I put alot of my good stuff on the RMAH last night to see if I would sell any. Alot of what I have equipped was from drops last night. So, I was doing torment 1 with this skill set and crappy armor, so when I put back on some of my good stuff I should be even better. I am embarrassed of the chest armor I have equipped but it is the best thing that dropped in that hour I played.

Before the patch i could just run right in the middle of any mob and destroy everything and live. Now, I find that I rend (lacerate) in a mob quickly and then run away. I am surprised at how many enemies I can take out easily with just doing that.

Also I recently started a Wizard, i am only at 46, but I would love to hear your opinions if I am on the right track skill and gear wise.
holy downgrade batman! a blue armor, on you!?

wizard has a lot of good skills. i recommend stacking as many +elemental type items as you can and finding skills based on that. i'm stacking arcane on mine using disintegrate / arcane torrent (my wand helps with that too). cold and fire both have legit builds too. frozen orb is really overpowered right now
Old 03-18-14, 09:43 AM

Is +all resistance still important in T1/T2? I keep finding crap with +armor. Did they change the way this works and I should be focusing on +armor?
Old 03-18-14, 11:16 AM
wlj

wizard has a lot of good skills. i recommend stacking as many +elemental type items as you can and finding skills based on that. i'm stacking arcane on mine using disintegrate / arcane torrent (my wand helps with that too). cold and fire both have legit builds too. frozen orb is really overpowered right now

i know, it is embarrassing to be sporting blue armor. So far I use disintegrate almost all the time. I works so well. I am loving my level 60 wand I started using at 43 --- level reduced by 17. I haven't seen one that high.

at level 60...that wand is crap, but at 43 that is beast

What farming route do you take now vball? I used to do Alkaizer runs most of the time, but i am sure there is a better way now.
Old 03-18-14, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts

A bit of interesting and hopefully encouraging news...

Blizzard bringing Diablo 3 PS4, Hearthstone iPad, more to PAX East

Blizzard Entertainment's PAX East 2014 plans include playable demos of the PlayStation 4 version of Diablo 3, the iPad version of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft and World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor, the studio announced today.

Visitors to the Blizzard booth on the PAX East show floor, booth #848, will be able to play Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition, the PS4 version of the game, which includes its first expansion, Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. The expansion will be available on Mac and Windows PC by the time PAX East rolls around — it is set for release next Tuesday, March 25. And a Warlords of Draenor demo will allow booth attendees to play the expansion's intro and see its updated character models. Warlords of Draenor, the fifth expansion for World of Warcraft, is scheduled to be available this fall.

Blizzard will also offer a demo of Heroes of the Storm featuring characters that have only been playable internally at the studio to this point, and the studio's panel will focus on the game as well. "Heroes of the Storm: The Ultimate Blizzard Mashup" will take place from 10:30-11:30 a.m. ET on Friday, April 11, in the Albatross Theater.

PAX East 2014 runs from April 11-13 at the Boston Convention and Exhibition Center in Boston.

http://www.polygon.com/2014/3/17/551...arthstone-ipad
Old 03-19-14, 07:37 AM
wlj

no more blue chest for me!! i got a neat legendary this morning out of a chest in the keep. it is so nice that chest actually contain stuff once and a while. I also hit a pot the other day and a legendary popped out.

take a look at my new chest....not godley but neat. definitely better than my previous blue.

Old 03-19-14, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by wlj
no more blue chest for me!! i got a neat legendary this morning out of a chest in the keep. it is so nice that chest actually contain stuff once and a while. I also hit a pot the other day and a legendary popped out.

take a look at my new chest....not godley but neat. definitely better than my previous blue.

What chest in the keep? Is that the Act 3 keep? My daughter runs around with my WD and found a legendary ring yesterday with 650 life on hit, 200+ int / 200 + vit. I was amazed by the amount of LOH on that thing...
Old 03-19-14, 07:58 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Bear in mind that LOH is reduced by 90% at level 60, and reduced by 100% at level 70.
Old 03-19-14, 08:05 AM
wlj

What chest in the keep? Is that the Act 3 keep? My daughter runs around with my WD and found a legendary ring yesterday with 650 life on hit, 200+ int / 200 + vit. I was amazed by the amount of LOH on that thing...

ehhh, I wish i could remember exactly which level of keep it was. i think #2. It was in a little room at the bottom left of the map. you can't go any further down or left when you get there. It has a journal in it as well. It wasn't a resplendent chest just a small regular one.

Originally Posted by Groucho
Bear in mind that LOH is reduced by 90% at level 60, and reduced by 100% at level 70.

I did not know that. thanks for the info.
Old 03-19-14, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by wlj

i got 2 of those, back to back. oh joy of joys. i use neither.
Old 03-19-14, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So is everyone getting Reaper of Souls?
Old 03-19-14, 08:48 AM
wlj

Originally Posted by edstein
So is everyone getting Reaper of Souls?

definitely...now....the previous weeks since the patch I was pissed and pouting about my barbarian. I started a wizard and decided to "roll with the punches" with my barb and I am loving the game again.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.