Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-13, 10:35 AM
gamer for life

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Three level 60 hardcore characters now. Barbarian, Monk and Wizard. My WD is level 43 so she is close...

My goal of 5 level 60 hardcore characters is getting close.
Old 06-26-13, 09:06 AM
wlj
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by foxdvd
Three level 60 hardcore characters now. Barbarian, Monk and Wizard. My WD is level 43 so she is close...

My goal of 5 level 60 hardcore characters is getting close.

impressive no doubt. i have 300 hours of playtime and i have not attempted a hardcore character. my DSL is just not reliable enough to take the chance of dying just due to connectivity issues.

have you tried out Marvel Heroes? It is F2P. Diablo with Marvel characters and MMO elements. i didn't like it at first, but it has it hooks into me now.
Old 07-08-13, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Anyone plan on getting this for the console come September? I am on the fence, might wait to hear how this pans out on console.
Old 07-08-13, 10:45 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by wlj
impressive no doubt. i have 300 hours of playtime and i have not attempted a hardcore character. my DSL is just not reliable enough to take the chance of dying just due to connectivity issues.

have you tried out Marvel Heroes? It is F2P. Diablo with Marvel characters and MMO elements. i didn't like it at first, but it has it hooks into me now.
I did play it...got to level 15 I think with Thing. It just did not sit with me well...

I now have 4 level 60 hardcore, and my demon hunter is now level 48..

I do plan on picking this up for the 360, just because I have friends who don't have computers set up for gaming.
Old 07-09-13, 09:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man i don't know if i want it for the console. I think i need to see more about it. Trading/AH stuff is an important part of that, but i'm not sure what i want with that. It will be weird
Old 07-09-13, 09:05 AM
gamer for life

With no auction house they better improve the drop rate and or lower the difficulty. Also, duplication is going to be huge for this. It will be so easy to dupe items now that the information is on your system not a server. (make a copy of your save file to usb, and load that up give epic item to friend then reload old save)
Old 07-09-13, 09:14 AM

It'll be like Diablo 1! Godly Plate of the Whale and king's sword of haste for everyone!
Old 07-09-13, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 186 Likes on 129 Posts

Foxdvd, you gave me some advice on my HC monk earlier and I had a question about damage. I've been doing Inferno on MP0 and I feel like my damage is pretty low, is this normal for monks? I've spent all of my money on upgrades and I could only get my damage up to 26k. However I got my WD on normal mode up to 76k by spending the same amount of money.

It seems to be harder to find good gear in HC mode, and you really need gear that has all of the best stats you need. I feel like the crit% and crit damage is low on my monk, but crit gear is insanely expensive on the AH. I do have good health and resists at 600+ though, which is good. When I peruse the AH I see expensive gear that only provides small damage upgrades for my monk. What should I be shooting for before moving on to MP1 and above?
Old 07-09-13, 10:31 AM

With no auction house they better improve the drop rate and or lower the difficulty. Also, duplication is going to be huge for this. It will be so easy to dupe items now that the information is on your system not a server. (make a copy of your save file to usb, and load that up give epic item to friend then reload old save)
That's exactly what i was thinking, which takes some of the fun out of the game (see borderlands 2). The story wasn't good enough for me to want to grind through it 4 more times just to have people duping weapons shortly there after. again, i know i can avoid it, but i probably wouldn't.
Old 07-09-13, 12:55 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by DaveyJoe
Foxdvd, you gave me some advice on my HC monk earlier and I had a question about damage. I've been doing Inferno on MP0 and I feel like my damage is pretty low, is this normal for monks? I've spent all of my money on upgrades and I could only get my damage up to 26k. However I got my WD on normal mode up to 76k by spending the same amount of money.

It seems to be harder to find good gear in HC mode, and you really need gear that has all of the best stats you need. I feel like the crit% and crit damage is low on my monk, but crit gear is insanely expensive on the AH. I do have good health and resists at 600+ though, which is good. When I peruse the AH I see expensive gear that only provides small damage upgrades for my monk. What should I be shooting for before moving on to MP1 and above?
what is your battletag? I might have a few pieces of gear you can use for your monk...

26k is doable for a monk to get through inferno, especially if you are using overawe and sweeping wind, but I always shot for about 40 thousand before I tried act 2 and 3. On normal you see a lot of people with 100,000-300,000 dps but it is just not that easy on hardcore. My HC monk has 80,000 unbuffed dps and I can easily do higher mp, but the key is that Fist of Thunder has such crazy proc rates with life on hit...

also, I find importing my characters into this site http://d3up.com/ to really help. It gives you your true dps and your effective hit points. You really want over 500,000 ehp to do act 4 on inferno....
Old 07-10-13, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

what is your battletag? I might have a few pieces of gear you can use for your monk...

26k is doable for a monk to get through inferno, especially if you are using overawe and sweeping wind, but I always shot for about 40 thousand before I tried act 2 and 3. On normal you see a lot of people with 100,000-300,000 dps but it is just not that easy on hardcore. My HC monk has 80,000 unbuffed dps and I can easily do higher mp, but the key is that Fist of Thunder has such crazy proc rates with life on hit...

also, I find importing my characters into this site http://d3up.com/ to really help. It gives you your true dps and your effective hit points. You really want over 500,000 ehp to do act 4 on inferno....
Thanks for the response! My battletag is DaveyJoe#1313. I have 2.5 million gold right now but like I said, it seems like most upgrades I can afford are very small upgrades, or I would have to sacrifice something important like resists. I guess I will have to keep farming MP0 until I get more gold, of course I have trouble selling most of the drops I get, because you need a very specific set of stats in HC mode.

I will check out that website!
Old 07-10-13, 11:15 PM
gamer for life

a quick check on your monk..you got solid hitpoints and crazy life on hit rate...you could give up some of that life on hit and be just fine. I have some weapons you might look at that could really help you out...
Old 07-26-13, 02:08 PM
gamer for life

it is a sweet thing to get a double off one enemy..

not so sweet when one is a hellrack..

I took these with my phone and uploaded them with a meme program..lol

DaveyJoe you never did ok my friend request,...I do have some gear you might be able to use...for free
Old 07-26-13, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DaveyJoe you never did ok my friend request,...I do have some gear you might be able to use...for free
Then whose friend request did I accept? Sorry, I haven't been on lately, I got distracted by the steam summer sale and have been playing several games I picked up through that. I will log on this weekend and accept your request. I feel bad taking stuff for free though, because if I die that gear will be lost forever.
Old 07-26-13, 03:12 PM
gamer for life

it is a gift dude! I have played hardcore for over a year...I got a good amount of money saved up.

If you are going to be on anytime tonight or this weekend hit me up, I will run through inferno with you. It is a lot easier with another person.
Old 07-26-13, 03:13 PM
gamer for life

oh and my battletag is foxdvd#1115
Old 07-27-13, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I lost another hardcore due to a lag spike. I would love the HC life if that didn't exist... and I had again just bought a bunch of stuff for him . Blah.
Old 07-27-13, 12:34 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by cartman
I lost another hardcore due to a lag spike. I would love the HC life if that didn't exist... and I had again just bought a bunch of stuff for him . Blah.
you doing it solo? I don't have the balls to solo inferno with my hardcore characters...a few times my friend has saved me when my system has locked up because of lag...
Old 07-27-13, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I've always gone solo. The first one I got to 60, died in act II inferno (before all the monster power stuff, so it was pretty hard). I've opened some lower level games up to the public, but no one's ever joined.
Old 07-27-13, 06:32 PM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by cartman
Yeah, I've always gone solo. The first one I got to 60, died in act II inferno (before all the monster power stuff, so it was pretty hard). I've opened some lower level games up to the public, but no one's ever joined.
add me... foxdvd#1115. You have another level 60 guy?
Old 08-13-13, 11:57 PM
gamer for life

so I got 5 hardcore hellfire rings now. At least three of my hardcore characters can run mp 6 comfortably. My Demon Hunter is using the Rapid Fire build that does way more damage than the sheet dps says. I built around rapid fire, doing 1.6 million dps vs elites with my Stone of Jordan. It takes about 1-1.5 minutes to clear ubers on mp 6.

I ran out of spots so I started some characters on the European servers. Today I got an epic Tal Rasha amulet drop and put it up for 2 billion gold. It sold as soon as it went live. In retrospect, and after doing research I should have traded it offline since the cap of 2 billion was too low. My best guess is it was worth 7 billion. Oh well. GOD I wish I had this drop on american hardcore.

Even with the near 700 hours I got into this I am day one with the console version....
Old 08-14-13, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/reaper-of-souls/
Old 08-14-13, 10:01 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Well, that was anti-climatic.
Old 08-14-13, 10:11 AM

I wonder if this will be out before or after the last Sc2 expansion. I want the damn Protoss expansion already!
Old 08-14-13, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Groucho
Well, that was anti-climatic.
That's what she said?

Also, now that I left my job there I freely admit that I worked at Blizzard for about 8 1/2 years. I can't get banned for shilling now

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.