DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/534354-diablo-iii-reaper-souls-multi-platform.html)

Superman07 06-26-08 02:33 PM

I'm willing to bet WoW is waining, which is why we're seeing the development of SC:II and possibly D:III.

fumanstan 06-26-08 02:45 PM


Originally Posted by Superman07
I'm willing to bet WoW is waining, which is why we're seeing the development of SC:II and possibly D:III.

Development of SC2 started before WoW was released. There isn't a correlation.

pinata242 06-26-08 02:51 PM


Originally Posted by fumanstan
Development of SC2 started before WoW was released. There isn't a correlation.

Assuming Blizzard waits for a property to slow before starting another. I think that's a bit short-sighted. I have no doubt SC2 was started before WoW, but to say expected life of WoW didn't factor into the timing and development schedule is bold. Just as bold as me sitting here saying there is a correlation, though :)

You know, I loved WC, WC2, SC, and Diablo. I haven't ever played WC3, WoW, or D2. I don't see myself playing SC2 or D3 either.

I don't have a reason, I just haven't. Maybe my reason is that I don't do PC gaming anymore.

It would be nice if D3 makes it onto the consoles. Do USB mice work on either the 360 (I don't think so) or the PS3 (I think so)?

Draven 06-26-08 03:08 PM


Originally Posted by Superman07
I'm willing to bet WoW is waining, which is why we're seeing the development of SC:II and possibly D:III.

I just heard that WoW makes about 100 million dollars a month (Gamespot's podcast). I think they are doing just fine.

fujishig 06-26-08 03:09 PM

UT3 on the PS3 featured keyboard/mouse support.

fumanstan 06-26-08 03:11 PM


Originally Posted by pinata242
Assuming Blizzard waits for a property to slow before starting another. I think that's a bit short-sighted. I have no doubt SC2 was started before WoW, but to say expected life of WoW didn't factor into the timing and development schedule is bold. Just as bold as me sitting here saying there is a correlation, though :)

There's different development teams working on different time lines and titles at any given time. Obviously it makes sense for any company to plan out releases accordingly so they don't overlap, but the comment made it sound like "WoW has lost some subscribers, we better make Starcraft 2 now!" is incorrect. Trust me. :)

nickdawgy 06-26-08 03:14 PM

The eyes look like either Diablo's or Arthas eyes. My bet is still on Wrath.

pinata242 06-26-08 03:16 PM


Originally Posted by fumanstan
There's different development teams working on different time lines and titles at any given time. Obviously it makes sense for any company to plan out releases accordingly so they don't overlap, but the comment made it sound like "WoW has lost some subscribers, we better make Starcraft 2 now!" is incorrect. Trust me. :)

Agreed. But I bet something along the lines of "We expect to count on WoW for X months, let's use that as a baseline for getting SC2 out at the right time with the right look, feel, and experience." :)

starseed1981 06-26-08 03:27 PM

I'll believe it when I see it.

bee_01 06-26-08 03:30 PM


Originally Posted by pinata242
It would be nice if D3 makes it onto the consoles. Do USB mice work on either the 360 (I don't think so) or the PS3 (I think so)?

I always thought that the Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance and Champions of Norrath Diablo clones were pretty fun.

superdeluxe 06-26-08 05:11 PM


Originally Posted by taffer
Who is "gaming steve" and why does he supposedly have inside info that Diablo 3 is in development, when nobody else does...


Gaming Steve has inside connections to the gaming industry I believe.. I am new to the website, via the game Spore.

fumanstan 06-26-08 05:23 PM


Originally Posted by pinata242
Agreed. But I bet something along the lines of "We expect to count on WoW for X months, let's use that as a baseline for getting SC2 out at the right time with the right look, feel, and experience." :)

True, but honestly, expectations with WoW went out the window a month after the release and the subscriptions kept climbing 3 years after release :p It's pretty typical to expect game releases spaced out so there isn't too large of a gap.

If anything, my personal opinion is that WoW allows a lot more leeway because the steady income results in less pressure to push the next game out.

If you ask me, staying up late on Friday night will be worth it. ;)

House 06-26-08 05:39 PM

OMG I've been waiting forever for this game. 2011 or 2010 is sooo long to wait though.

nickdawgy 06-26-08 07:22 PM

I just realized I never played either of the Diablo games.

edstein 06-26-08 09:06 PM


Originally Posted by nickdawgy
I just realized I never played either of the Diablo games.

Looks like you'll have plenty of time to catch up. D1 was really good. The dungeons were somewhat randomized adding a little replay value. D2 was incredible and is in my top 5 games of all time.

I'm hoping D3 will be on the xbox and not just the PC.

CKMorpheus 06-26-08 09:40 PM

I am really hoping for D3. Playing D2 in 800x600 on my 1440x900 screen is torture. :(

taffer 06-27-08 01:31 AM


Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
I am really hoping for D3. Playing D2 in 800x600 on my 1440x900 screen is torture. :(

It could be worse. D1 was locked at 640x480 resolution....

That's one thing that really bothers me about playing older PC games. A lot of Win95/98 games are locked at 640x480. The original Baldur's Gate and Fallout 1 and 2 are the same.

Playing old games on today's big high-res monitors brings out the ugly.

darqleo 06-27-08 02:21 AM


Originally Posted by House
OMG I've been waiting forever for this game. 2011 or 2010 is sooo long to wait though.

Yeah, really. I wish they would announce games like 6 months in advance. By the time this game comes out, both HOBBIT movies will have come and gone.

nickdawgy 06-27-08 03:08 AM

New update for today:

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/1783/ice5nu0.jpg

taffer 06-27-08 05:31 AM


Originally Posted by darqleo
I wish they would announce games like 6 months in advance.


That's not enough time to get everyone drooling over the hype. :sarcasm:

Kelkee 06-27-08 09:29 AM

Grrr. I cant make out the details in the new splash screen.

And I cant get to the Blizzard site at the moment.

Can someone post the info update from Diablofans.com? Or a larger version of the new splash screen?

Groucho 06-27-08 09:43 AM

People chomping at the bit for Diablo 3 should really check out Mythos, which is a spiritual successor to the original games.

DVDsAreMyLIFE 06-27-08 10:20 AM

I am pretty sure they are just announcing a release date for WoW expansion, Wraith of the Lich King.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/wrath/

Look at that and the resemblance, compared to the splash screen.

dvd182 06-27-08 10:33 AM


Originally Posted by DVDsAreMyLIFE
I am pretty sure they are just announcing a release date for WoW expansion, Wraith of the Lich King.

While they very well might announce the WoW expansion release date, Blizzard VP Rob Pardo has already confirmed that there will be a new game announcement.

nickdawgy 06-27-08 10:35 AM

They'll probably announce both the Wrath release date and another game. Warcraft IV maybe? :lol:

That was a joke, ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:27 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.