Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Old 08-25-15, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Am I correct in that they are not updating the 360 version? This is a PC and current gen consoles thing only right? I still have my 360 copy but was thinking of trading it in.
I have a 360 copy, and they have not updated jack for a while now so its only PC/Current Gen. Which sucks because I'm four achievements away from 100% and nearly 4 maxed characters in. So, I might as well finish up and then maybe at some point when it hits $20, pick up the XB1 version. Maybe not. But yeah, if you aren't deeply involved into your copy, trading would be the right answer. If I wasn't so close, I would too
Old 08-25-15, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by LorenzoL View Post
A 1.5 GB update is ready Diablo fans. This is being downloaded as I write at this moment. Hopefully this is the 2.3 update that they were talking about.
Thanks Lopo...I'll fire it up and see...might be looking for a group to run with after seeing what this is....
Old 08-25-15, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Barth View Post
Am I correct in that they are not updating the 360 version? This is a PC and current gen consoles thing only right? I still have my 360 copy but was thinking of trading it in.
Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
I have a 360 copy, and they have not updated jack for a while now so its only PC/Current Gen. Which sucks because I'm four achievements away from 100% and nearly 4 maxed characters in. So, I might as well finish up and then maybe at some point when it hits $20, pick up the XB1 version. Maybe not. But yeah, if you aren't deeply involved into your copy, trading would be the right answer. If I wasn't so close, I would too
All updates are only for PC, PS4 and X-Box One.
Old 08-26-15, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Played quite a bit last night mainly just doing the Bounties getting the new materials. I like the way the put that in that makes you do bounties in order to use much of Kunai's Cube...which seems to be the biggest addition to Diablo as terms of the impact of play in a long time. I'll collect more materials today, look over my inventory and see what experiments I can tinker with.

Mainly want to do the Take Legendary Power feature to equip a new Passive skill. Then try the re-roll on a spare Green Set item and even try upgrading a Rare to Legendary. I did think the new area was suppose to be a new mini-campaign event? We went into some huge Throne Room with a lot of Barb spirits and King on a throne but nothing happened?
Old 08-26-15, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

It was a late night for me too as I got the Platinum finishing off the bounties trying to get the materials for the Cube. I have yet to tinker with it but I'll be taking some of legendary items and see which skill I can add.

BTW, my Wizard fire build has become awesome again in this update. I'm going to test the higher Torment levels (7-10) with her and see how I do. I wish Blizzard would add more slots for the storage chest but I guess they want you to salvage the items and not keep them, to open up the slots.
Old 08-26-15, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It was a late night for me too as I got the Platinum finishing off the bounties trying to get the materials for the Cube. I have yet to tinker with it but I'll be taking some of legendary items and see which skill I can add.

BTW, my Wizard fire build has become awesome again in this update. I'm going to test the higher Torment levels (7-10) with her and see how I do. I wish Blizzard would add more slots for the storage chest but I guess they want you to salvage the items and not keep them, to open up the slots.

That by far has been brought up more than anything on the official forums. Seems like they thought of everything except more space...which with all these new crafting recipes you'll need. I just cleared out about a week ago everything from Level 68 and under on my mules and already packed again with odds & ends Legendary and Green items. Now that I know how the Cube works extracting the Legendary Power I'll weed thru them again and dispose of what I think I useless.

BTW...where can I find info on that Wizard Fire Build? I'm just running a Cold Build using that Serpent Wand but he is no-where ready for Torrent V and above
Old 08-26-15, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
BTW...where can I find info on that Wizard Fire Build? I'm just running a Cold Build using that Serpent Wand but he is no-where ready for Torrent V and above
I'm using a combination of the following two builds:

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-l...ate-fire-build

http://www.icy-veins.com/d3/wizard-f...-set-patch-2-3

However, you need the Firebird set or the Tal Rasha's set along with the Ring of Royal Grandeur. Also if you have the Unity rings and the Follower's Legendary relic that won't make him/her die, you can build your character toughness.
Old 08-26-15, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank you much...nice site and the hands down one of the better fully & understandable builds explained I've seen.

I've got quite a bit of the Firebird stuff and even a few Cindercoat chests. however we don't have The Furnace...but I do have a Maximus and Sun Keeper, currently using the Serpent Sparker
Old 08-26-15, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was fortunate enough to find/have most of the sets and Legendary items for Monk, Demon Hunter and Wizard.

I have some good items for my Witch Doctor but I'm still lacking the Starmetal and most of Carnevil and Zunimasa set items.

I'm sorely lacking for some good items for my Crusader and Barbarian.

I also need to get the Ancient Legendary to replace most of my sets.

However, I'm not sure if I'm going to continue playing this since I have a big backlog of PS4 games I have to go through.

If you are interested in some of the above items, let me know. I don't mind helping you out. This goes out to long time board members in my friend list too.
Old 08-26-15, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
I have been doing the PTR for 2.3 like crazy for this next patch on pc, and it is amazing.

Right now the Barbs are the kings of the hill, but this patch brings monks and Demon Hunters back into the mix. The cube is amazing, allowing you to socket skills on items you would not normally use. On my demon hunter I broke down a calamity so now all my attacks with any bow apply marked for death. Also, the new Demon Hunter Multishot build is amazing. I hit for 1-2 billion a hit at times with it, and multishot hits everything on the screen.

The monk is just about as good, with 7 sided strike applying and then detonating instantly exploding palm..and each hit of 7 sided hitting for 6000% weapon damage, then exploding for 6000% weapon damage...and only about a 3 second cooldown between 7 sided. Also there is a weapon that makes 7 sided hit 14 times...

Overall 2.3 has me back into this hardcore.
foxdvd, would you let me know what build you have for your monk and DH? I'm only Paragon 269 but I imagine that you are much higher than that. At least I want to know what items you have equipped?
Old 08-26-15, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'll take a look on what I have and might need. On the WD Zunimasa set, what is it you lack? I know I don't have much of the Carnevil set. And my Crusader is lacking as well though I might have some spare green items.
Old 08-27-15, 08:24 AM

Welp, most people looking on here probably already have it but I finally got the Demolition Derby achievement. Now I'm just down to Level 70 hardcore (Crusader at 68), 500 bounties (315-ish) and all 6 classes for level 70 (almost 4).

But for anybody who is missing this one, I was on my Crusader last night, Act V, Westmarch Commons. Got the Abandoned Cultist Stores, and then after the courtyard where you get the Reformed Cultist, it goes into a huge room (before the treasure room). Well. that huge room has a ton of stuff you can break and simply make sure that your Crusader has Blessed Hammer and proceed in a circle around the entire room. Of course, you need a good Wrath pool, but I was level 67 at the time if that helps.

I honestly was not thinking about the cheevo (this is just the way I always fight, basically spamming Justice & BH), but then I noticed my counter was up to 30...and I kept going until it hit 50 and the achievement popped. I was honestly worried that per the guides I was going to have to take 20 to 30 minutes, go to Caldeum or the Cemetery of the Forsaken, and do it exactly the way the others did it. But thankfully, no.
Old 08-27-15, 03:09 PM
gamer for life

foxdvd, would you let me know what build you have for your monk and DH? I'm only Paragon 269 but I imagine that you are much higher than that. At least I want to know what items you have equipped?
Sure...

Monk I am using uliana's stratagem...the 2 piece bonus makes each third hit apply exploding palm...the 4 piece makes each hit of seven sided strike hit for near 6000% weapon damage vs the normal 800-900% damage...and the 6 piece each hit of 7 sided strike detonates exploding palm...

I am using the focus/restraint ring combo that doubles your damage for 5 seconds...I am cubing (adding the power) of the ring that cycles element damage every few seconds..which will add 200% damage from time to time.

I am cubing the madstone helm so that each hit of 7 sided strike applies exploding palm, this makes the instant detonation amazing..

I am cubing the weapon that reduces the cooldown of 7 sided in half...then using the 7 sided that already has 14 second cooldown...with stacked cooldown reduction I can hit 7 sided strike every 3-4 seconds.

I am using one weapon that doubles exploding palm damage...and the other weapon adds 7 extra strikes to 7 sided strike. (making it 14)

Torment 10 is easy mode. Almost 100% invincibility, and the ability to hit groups for crazy damage or a single target for an easy 50 billion damage every 3.5 seconds.

I have yet to see how high of a rift I can go, but it should be getting close to 60 at this point, I still need a little work on it.

If I see you on Ill join and show you...

Also, the Demon Hunter I am still working on. I am not happy with him at this point, and I might need to scrap what I am doing. It is a multishot build and in groups he is good on T-10, but solo he struggles.

Right now though my strongest character is my Hammer of the Ancient barbarian build. Stupid op with insane toughness. He can slam his Hammer over and over forever about 3 times a second for 6-7 billion a hit...
Old 08-27-15, 05:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just found two pieces of the Uliana's Set last night. I looked at the bonus part and that (2)pc with every third hit applies Exploding Palm...I was like seriously. Which rune is best for that? I've used Impending Doom mostly. I'll pop 2-3 within a mob and when one goes it causes a chain reaction.

And where can I find info on a Hammer of Ancient Build for Barb? For now mine is nothing special but a Call of the Ancients plus Twister w/Dust Devils
Old 08-28-15, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by foxdvd View Post
Sure...

Monk I am using uliana's stratagem...the 2 piece bonus makes each third hit apply exploding palm...the 4 piece makes each hit of seven sided strike hit for near 6000% weapon damage vs the normal 800-900% damage...and the 6 piece each hit of 7 sided strike detonates exploding palm...

I am using the focus/restraint ring combo that doubles your damage for 5 seconds...I am cubing (adding the power) of the ring that cycles element damage every few seconds..which will add 200% damage from time to time.

I am cubing the madstone helm so that each hit of 7 sided strike applies exploding palm, this makes the instant detonation amazing..

I am cubing the weapon that reduces the cooldown of 7 sided in half...then using the 7 sided that already has 14 second cooldown...with stacked cooldown reduction I can hit 7 sided strike every 3-4 seconds.

I am using one weapon that doubles exploding palm damage...and the other weapon adds 7 extra strikes to 7 sided strike. (making it 14)

Torment 10 is easy mode. Almost 100% invincibility, and the ability to hit groups for crazy damage or a single target for an easy 50 billion damage every 3.5 seconds.

I have yet to see how high of a rift I can go, but it should be getting close to 60 at this point, I still need a little work on it.

If I see you on Ill join and show you...

Also, the Demon Hunter I am still working on. I am not happy with him at this point, and I might need to scrap what I am doing. It is a multishot build and in groups he is good on T-10, but solo he struggles.

Right now though my strongest character is my Hammer of the Ancient barbarian build. Stupid op with insane toughness. He can slam his Hammer over and over forever about 3 times a second for 6-7 billion a hit...
Thanks! I have to start hunting for that set. Quite of a dilemma on my hand. Put more time in this game or move on to my unplayed pile.
Old 08-28-15, 12:38 AM
gamer for life

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post

And where can I find info on a Hammer of Ancient Build for Barb? For now mine is nothing special but a Call of the Ancients plus Twister w/Dust Devils
First for the hammer build is to get a full Immortal Kings set for the barb. This allows permanent Wrath of the Berserker (with the 50 percent damage rune) and call of the ancients, with the split 50% of your damage rune... Also, you will do 250% bonus damage to all attacks because of the full set..

You then need these bracers

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/brac...-the-first-men

Super attack speed and damage for hammer...(I use the fire hammer rune for the extra damage and I stack fire damage bonus)

The last must have is this weapon

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/the-gavel-of-judgment

It ends up giving you hatred and not spending 95% of the time.

I use the focus Restraint ring combo. I proc the first half of those rings with leap (armor rune) then go to town. I also cube a furnace for the crazy 50% elite damage.

You also want at least 2000 life per fury spent, and the Battle Rage skill that cures you and your ancients for 21,000 life...these two will net you 80,000 life per swing easy. Also get as much extra fury as you can.

Also worth note, you only need to get around 30% crit chance, so you want to stack attack speed, crit damage and fire damage instead of crit chance, because hammer of the ancients will add another easy 30% crit chance when your fury is full, and it will always be full. This is a case where your sheet damage will fall, but your real damage will explode.

A few tweaks here and there and you are a monster. I did a 54 rift solo before I got off, and I felt there was more in him easy.
Old 08-28-15, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thank you very much for the info and link...both you and Lopo have been a big help.....

....Can't say that about Miss Stingy Kadala...good grief last night was brutal..... ran my Crusader trying to land stuff especially Helmets......she gave me (3) Broken Crowns, (2) Leoric's Crowns, (2) Blind Faiths and (1) Mempo of Twilight which in the past week I've got at least (3) more of.

I did land a chest piece in the GR of the new Light Set but even in the GR it was brutal. My friend is running her Barb which she still has under Level 70 gear so it was Level 22-23 GR. At one point I got just (3) Legendary after four runs. And trying to upgrade one Gem failed 50% of the time. And what I did get, I probably broke down 90% of. The Crusader has been a tough one to figure out....she doesn't have much in terms of AOE or elemental damage even compared to the Barb. It's sad but my primary damage dealer is Shield Bash with the buffs I have within the armor pieces.
Old 08-30-15, 12:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw this thread and read all the recent posts and was all excited to start playing again and when I started the game there was nothing to download. Any idea when an update is coming for ps3?
Old 08-30-15, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A Google search tells me I'm not getting any patches. Weaksauce.
Old 08-31-15, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by NORML54601 View Post
I saw this thread and read all the recent posts and was all excited to start playing again and when I started the game there was nothing to download. Any idea when an update is coming for ps3?

Yep...nothing for the 360 or PS3. Best to check the official Blizzard site which details everything about the patch and who gets it and who doesn't.

And FWIW...can't tell you what to do in regards of upgrading but with the recent news about them looking to hire a Top Tier Dev to work on a upcoming project who needs to more or less like Diablo...some indications that the world of diablo will continue to expand & grow....but with PC, PS4 and Xo only in the mix.
Old 08-31-15, 11:27 AM

Got my Hardcore to 70 (Crusader). No problems at all, so 3 characters in the 70 bank. My monk is currently on the block, level 64. Certainly my least favorite class so far (Demon Hunter still favorite, followed by Crusader, then Barbarian, haven't played Wizard or Witch Doctor yet), I can't begin to have enough health or life per second/hit, he's so squishy.
Old 08-31-15, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

You need better equipment for your monk. It makes a huge difference.
Old 08-31-15, 01:56 PM

You need better equipment for your monk. It makes a huge difference.
Obviously

But I'm playing at Master currently (I would like to go Torment 1 or 2 but its bad enough already), and either I'm not getting the drops I want/need (and probably won't until I get to 70), or something is amiss. I'm half tempted to slow it down to Hard and just try some other class when he hits 70.
Old 08-31-15, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kedrix View Post
Obviously

But I'm playing at Master currently (I would like to go Torment 1 or 2 but its bad enough already), and either I'm not getting the drops I want/need (and probably won't until I get to 70), or something is amiss. I'm half tempted to slow it down to Hard and just try some other class when he hits 70.
Yeah, is a double edge sword. You don't get any good drop until you hit Torment but you also can't survive for long on it.
Old 08-31-15, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

So, when you get that new fancy cubey thing, you get access to the not a cow level when you do something to a legendary. Pretty cool - got a few decent drops in there (I stuck it up to Torment 2 and just ran around to chests after beating the cow queen)

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.