Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-15, 06:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
It was worth $70 so it's definite steal at $30. The main reason why I have a PS4. No regrets.
Not even a single letter?
Old 05-21-15, 06:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 120 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by LorenzoL
It was worth $70 so it's definite steal at $30. The main reason why I have a PS4. No regrets.

Yea...it played a big part in going with the PS4 even though both of us had played it extensively on the 360 and worth every penny.

We each got another character to 70 finishing another story run, knocking out Diablo and opening Chapter V. However we're sort of at the crossroads of what to do and which way to go. We haven't finished Chapter V with our main character and we still have two more we need to get to 70. The Crusader we're holding back until a friend gets up close and we run together.

Our problem is we're just not landing anything that helps us out...weapons or armor. Both of us had about 50% Yellow Armor on most of the time from Level 62 to 70 We even used Yellow Weapons some of the time. We had to because the Level 60 Gear was under powered and what little Legendary stuff we got was average or just slightly better. We had this problem with a our main and when we started Chapter V we got our butts kicked all over.

So we don't know if we should go back and try to farm certain places in past chapters at Level 70 or drop the difficulty (Torent 1), run thru Chapter V and open up Adventure Mode? We just know we're limited because we really have not seen or got much Level 66-70 Legendary gear.
Old 05-21-15, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't drop the difficulty, higher difficulties have better gear and better drop rates. You definitely want to be doing this in adventure mode.running the bounty sets to get caches which will give you a little gear, including some good stuff. Make sure your using good gems, whatever the best you have are. Run some rifts, on torment 3 I get a gold or green probably every other rift, but sometimes I've gotten multiples. Get some legendary gems from greater rifts, the right ones can help.
Old 05-21-15, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We have Gems...problem is getting decent stuff from Level 65 to 70 to put Gems in. We ran Chapter IV last night and between us one Legendary and one Green (a Ring) dropped....that's it and it was on Torrent 1. We're both under Paragon 45.

When we were still between Level 30-60, we were seeing 5-7 Legendary drops a night. Seems the higher we went the fewer especially 60 to 70 with the two characters. The exception was The Cow level the other night when I landed five but only two were worth it for the Demon Hunter. I guess we'll just plug along and try to open up Adventure Mode.
Old 05-22-15, 06:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Well...we finished Chapter V last night with our primary characters and did a couple of bounties in adventure mode. We like it; it was pretty cool so now we need to work on another set. Though we didn't get a lot of good drops we did land a Green Plan for each character. I got one of Cain's Set and not sure what she got (running Demon Hunter). Overall it was a stellar add-on from Blizzard and the maps just looked fantastic on the PS4.

But sadly we cannot build the new Green Sets because we haven't got much of Legendary 61-70 gear to break down for a key material needed.....two Forgotten Souls. In fact both of us are still using Level 60 Legendary and 2-3 Yellow pcs. I started using a Level 70 two-handed Mace last night over a Level 65 Legendary. I tried two Level 60's with a Life and Damage high gem and they still didn't come close to the Level 70 Yellow. We're just glad to open up Adventure mode but we're almost pushing it at Torrent III. It's taking too much time to take enemies down. We've opened two of those Cursed Chests and haven't come even close to the time limit on getting the enemies down.
Old 05-22-15, 07:13 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a fun little play last night with my Demon Hunter. Besides getting her to paragon level 22, I also got a Puzzle Ring. I had heard about them, but its pretty neat in action. One of those cute little extras and boy with the 30% gold buff it has, and the 100% exp/gold buff the ongoing event has, I was racking up some money. Furthermore, I encountered one of those treasure goblin areas in a Rift and there was 6 or 7 of them all together. Normally, I would miss half of them at least, but not this time. They were all conveniently against a wall which made them dead meat. Good times.
Old 05-23-15, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

We had probably the best ever night playing Diablo even going back as far of just starting out on the 360. We've had good night but last night was something.....

We decided to grab two other Level 60 characters and start Adventure Mode....we didn't know once you open it with one it opens for all. So we wanted to play it hoping to level up, get s few good items and then tackle Chapter V. Within the first 45 minutes in Chapter V Torrent 1...we found (3) Treasure Goblins. In an hours play we had landed close to (4) Legendary each and about 275 Blood Shards from one of the Special Goblins.

A little later a friend who I had sent a "Gift" to jumped in and we told him where we were and what we were doing. He's a Level 70 and Paragon 100+. He didn't mean harm and thought he was helping but he went ahead and knocked out two bounties on his own....we needed the XP to level up. But we explained we needed Level 61+ Legendary to break down so we could make Level 70 Green gear. So he dropped bout (12) "Crap Items" we could have to do that.....crap items turned out to be all level (70).

So before calling it a night we went to Chapter III and another Goblin popped up...this was number six. While standing next to him taking him down I went thru his Transporter Hole and guess where.....The Goblin Vault!. kanji was stuck on the other side trying to get thru from swarming enemies and finally made it thru. We couldn't believe it...it was a sight to behold. We made it around and killed a few more Goblins making it to the Goblin King. Took him out along with a few Minor Goblins...I got (2) Legendary and (1) Green

All told we probably took down close to (12) Goblins and ended up with 10-11 Legendary and Green items not to mention the dozen our friend dumped for us to break down. I went from 60 to 68. It was a night to remember for a fact....
Old 05-24-15, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Had a fun little play last night with my Demon Hunter. Besides getting her to paragon level 22, I also got a Puzzle Ring. I had heard about them, but its pretty neat in action. One of those cute little extras and boy with the 30% gold buff it has, and the 100% exp/gold buff the ongoing event has, I was racking up some money. Furthermore, I encountered one of those treasure goblin areas in a Rift and there was 6 or 7 of them all together. Normally, I would miss half of them at least, but not this time. They were all conveniently against a wall which made them dead meat. Good times.
Is there a gold/xp buff event going on now?
Old 05-25-15, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
Is there a gold/xp buff event going on now?
There was, but it was only for 360/PS3, 100%/Exp & Gold. It's over now though...back to the slow grind (or over compensating in Difficulty Levels).
Old 05-26-15, 07:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

PS4.....If anyone or knows someone is starting out, a new character(s) or still early in the game...I'm clearing out a lot of gear from all my 'Mules" that's from early to Level 60. We've got four of six up to Level 70 and it's time to make room for some of the other stuff. I can "mail" a item...a gift to help out if you're needing a particular piece. Plenty of Helms, Chest and character specific weapons not to mention Plans if you're looking for one particular one.
Old 05-26-15, 08:17 AM

Up to Paragon level 30 now. Barbarian up to 62 (Hardcore Crusader 27). Still working on my demon hunter (level 70) to get the Up All Night to Get Lucky achievement and I'm down to my crossbow and quiver for level 70 legendary gear. Heck, my quiver is still level 56 legendary because its that good. At least my crossbow is level 70 yellow. But its been a pain (even playing on difficulty T1) and if my blacksmithing wasn't up, I'd be about 5-6 pieces behind. Unfortunately, I still don't have any level 70 legendary recipes for a DH specific weapon or quiver. Darn close to the treasure goblin achievement though, need like 6.

A small note, you know you have been playing a game too long when your wife is asking detailed questions about what's going on. (Not surface stuff, but what does that do, and why do you do that...what exactly are you looking for?)
Old 05-26-15, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

Hopefully to have my copy for the PS4 today from Amazon. I only played three characters on the PS3 version, Witch Doctor, Sorcerer, and Barbarian. Never played the Monk, Demon Hunter or the new character Crusader. Which in your opinon is the best or fun to played. My co-worker told me that the Monk is real fun to played.
Old 05-27-15, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by dom56
Hopefully to have my copy for the PS4 today from Amazon. I only played three characters on the PS3 version, Witch Doctor, Sorcerer, and Barbarian. Never played the Monk, Demon Hunter or the new character Crusader. Which in your opinon is the best or fun to played. My co-worker told me that the Monk is real fun to played.

I've got five up to Level 70 and just started messing with Adventure Mode and some Rifts (not Greater Rifts). My Crusader is stuck at around 43 because we thought or hope another friend would catch up and we can continue with him.

That said I have really liked all of them but have played about 80% of the time with someone else. One of us played Range and the other close. If I had to pick one it would be the Monk though Demon Hunter is awful close. The Crusader I can't say because haven't played enough.

It just seems with the Monk he has a bit more to him than the others. With group play he's good with support using Inner Sanctuary , Mantras and Breath of Heaven. He's good with pole weapons just as well with two fisted ones. He's just hard to beat with Life-Per-Hit and can hang in the middle of a pack fairly well. You can generate a lot of Spirit to the point of spamming say Wave of Light a few times. Using the Enchantress with him is a pretty good combo.

...FWIW, he was my first character I started and he's my main one now. Since he's Dexterity you can use and swap some armor pieces with the Demon Hunter that's not character specific. Feel free to add me and if you want to run let me know.
Old 06-03-15, 07:33 AM

Finally got the Up All Night to Get Lucky achievement. Maybe it's just "My luck", but Level 70 Legendary Quivers are hard as heck to get. I still have never got one to drop during normal play and I'm up to Paragon level 42. Mine finally came from the Bloodshard vendor. I had wasted about 200-300 shards prior trying to get a Legendary that way with no "luck". But I guess yesterday was the time. About 3-4 tries in, pop, Level 70 Legendary Fletcher's Pride. Excellent stats, though I still wish it was a Bombardier one for the extra sentries (I was still using one from level 57). And while I have PLENTY of recipes, I have none for a quiver at that level/rarity.

So back to Hardcore I reckon. My Crusader is at Level 30, middle of the second act. I'm glad I went with the Crusader for Hardcore because they have quite a few tricks to get out of sticky situations. But I'm also glad that I'm only using the character for achievement purposes. I'll be honest, I'm not digging the class as much as my DH at all. But at least it's better than my Barbarian (level 67 softcore) who despite running over just about anything, is so slowwww to play. I know he's a tank, I get it, but the class needs a little more pizazz.

I still have not played a Wizard, Monk or Witch Doctor but plan to.
Old 06-03-15, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

good going and glad you're enjoying the game despite the "Bad Luck"...but we all get it sometimes. Shame you're on X1...I've got about 3-4 Level 70 Quivers on my DH mule I no longer use and God knows how many Level 60 Bows & Quivers not to mention DH gear I need to ditch.....

Glad you're playing the Crusader; man I miss him as both me and my friend have ours at Level 43 and have been hoping a friend catches up but we found he got The Witcher and is still playing Destiny so we're not sure anymore.

I've been playing The Wizard a lot lately revamping my build from a Cold to Fire and having a blast with it. I grabbed The Maximus two-handed sword (3800 damage with Fire) and added some armor pieces that have Fire buffs like 18% Fire Damage. Torrent 1 7 2 levels are ok but not tried Torrent 3 yet.

I had a friend jump in last night who is really high and he was surprised I haven't done a Torrent 5 or 6 much less a Greater Rift higher than 25 so he gave me a taste of it and man-o-man was it brutal at Level 40. you really need to have the right gear and combination to survive and deal damage but it was an experience. I think I'll stay at torrent 1-3 for now and try to land better gear...

...but the highlight of the night was landing the famous and much sought after RROG...Royal Ring of Grandeur which I've been after for a week. I landed some Legendary gems, potions and some other good gear but that Ring is it.
Old 06-03-15, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by K&AJones
good going and glad you're enjoying the game despite the "Bad Luck"...but we all get it sometimes. Shame you're on X1
Actually, I'm on the 360 which is even worse, I know . But it's the only system Diablo wise I have until I get a XB1 which is looking like August (birthday) or Christmas. And I would gladly go to PS4, but I kinda feel "bought in" on Xbox (Rockband, Pinball FX, Games with Gold etc).

Torrent 1 7 2 levels are ok but not tried Torrent 3 yet.

I had a friend jump in last night who is really high and he was surprised I haven't done a Torrent 5 or 6 much less a Greater Rift higher than 25 so he gave me a taste of it and man-o-man was it brutal at Level 40. you really need to have the right gear and combination to survive and deal damage but it was an experience. I think I'll stay at torrent 1-3 for now and try to land better gear...
I play my DH on Torment 1 currently. For the first 20 levels, I find myself sticking it out on Normal to learn the class, then I usually jump to Master or Expert until I hit 60 where I go to Torment 1. Except for my hardcore. Too much risk to do anything above Normal. I'm curious about beyond Torment 1, but that would have to be a group thing for me to try.
Old 06-03-15, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've been with "Xbox" since the first Xbox and it was a hard choice when I went with the PS4 but I don't regret it one bit. I actually still have my 360 and play a few games on it from time-to-time but don't know yet on how much longer. A lot will depend on two games on when and if...Gears of War and Halo which I played about 50-60% on the 360. I'm disappointed more hasn't come of the games or better commitment but as far as Diablo on the PS4...couldn't be happier.
Old 06-03-15, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 228 Likes on 145 Posts

I don't understand the gift mechanic I've been hearing about on the console version. I'm playing on PS4 and I've never seen/gotten gifts
Old 06-03-15, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

Randomly people on your friends list will pick up gifts for others. If they notice them, they can send them and they'll show up in your mailbox in the game. They expire after 30 days, so it makes sense to check in periodically.

BTW : This game (PS4) will be $29.99 ($23.99 with GCU) at Best Buy next week.
Old 06-03-15, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I finished up the PS4 version over the weekend. Made it to level 69, so I didn't get a chance to check out any of the level 70 stuff. It was a blast playing it with someone else, but not something I would want to do solo. I'll probably check out some of the other classes at some point. Never did run into any of The Last of Us stuff, so that kinda bummed me out.
Old 06-03-15, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

skillz...I did see you on over the weekend playing I believe Act V with someone else but didn't want to just jump in. I still need to do Act V with a couple of characters. But yea..Level 70 is where everything is and of course Adventure Mode with Rifts, trials and greater Rifts even more stuff. There are places in the Rifts we've never seen in the game anywhere let alone types of enemies that leaves asking,"what the heck is that and where did it come from".

If you and your friend want to run some Bounties, then some Rifts and if you land some Trial Keys then even that. We started doing Torrent 1 which we still run but I've been toying with Torrent 2-3 a bit to see if I get better stuff. I believe you would like doing a Greater Rift as it's more straight out horde type just killing and staying alive because nothing drops until the Boss. So you're not stopping to check stuff; just get done as quickly as possible and with 2-3 it's essentially a chaotic light show.
Old 06-03-15, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 85 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Decker

BTW : This game (PS4) will be $29.99 ($23.99 with GCU) at Best Buy next week.
With GCU, that's close enough to $20 for me to pick up. Not that I need another game to add to the backlog.
Old 06-03-15, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 236 Likes on 169 Posts

I finish playing it on the PS4 with my level 63 witch doctor on normal. Question, can I do the Adventure Mode or should I played it again on hard till I get level 70? I just started making a new Monk to see how if I like it.
Old 06-03-15, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Once you beat the game...finishing Act V...you now can go into Adventure Mode where you can set the difficulty level the way you want it. Also, once you open up Adventure Mode it can be accessed by any of the other characters no matter if they finish the game or not.

FWIW...I've got a lot of good gear in Adventure Mode which of course you can land some of the Rift Keys which in turn you can possibly land the Rift Trial Keys which in turn get you the Greater Rifts....I've seen my fair share of "Treasure Goblins" dropping Gold, Gems (which you need plenty of) and the all important "Blood Shards" to buy stuff from Kadala whom you stand to get special Green Set pieces from.

PS...I'll send you some Monk stuff via Mail if you want...I do have you on my friends list correct? I'll be on later so let me know.
Old 06-03-15, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,198 Likes on 4,225 Posts

I could use some good Monk stuff as well if you're feeling especially generous, buzz.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.