DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/534354-diablo-iii-reaper-souls-multi-platform.html)

Liver&Onions 01-17-15 07:14 PM

Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

Originally Posted by discostu1337 (Post 12346059)
Got my lvl70 hardcore! Working on a normal Wizard now, still have 4 more classes to get to lvl 70 :(

Hey Liver & Onions, play the game! You're one of only 2 people on my friends list and I have sent you like 6 presents/legendaries over the past 3 days.

Ha, yeah I go in fits and burtsts with the game. I think last time I logged in there were some items that were like 2 days from expiring!

It's odd though, I've only every received 3 items destined for others. That's will a level 70 char and a current lvl 57 char. Makes me feel bad for never being able to return the goods.

Liver&Onions 01-17-15 07:23 PM

Just logged in to check - damn! You guys decked me out!

discostu1337 01-17-15 10:43 PM

I get like 2-3 for you every damn time I play! I'll be logging in again to kill some double goblins for the event.

LorenzoL 01-18-15 07:26 AM

I have to give Blizzard credit for bringing the updates to the current gen and keeping us interested. Early impressions of patch 2.1.2:
- it seems that they have downgraded the effectiveness of the sentries for DH.
- on the other hand, the Monk has seen a significant bump and my Sunwoku Lightning build can easily go through T6 and Rifts. Next stop GRifts.
- they increased the cost of bloodshards for Kadala's items with a greater drop for legendaries and sets pieces. However, the 500 bloodshards limit is silly and they should had increased it.
- I have yet to find any Ancient Legendaries but I dread replacing most of my items. The cost of re rolling for better stats is going to be high.

BTW, people in this forum seems to have moved away from this game. I stopped for two months and came back this weekend with zero gifts from DVD Talk friends :(

K&AJones 01-18-15 08:20 AM

Yea...me and kanjji moved away with Destiny first and then both of us got Far Cry 4. On top of that some friends who we first played started on the PS4 with Warframe went back to it with some new DLC and updates which they've asked us to come back to.

If Destiny & Bungie does the next big DLC/Update the way they did with the last we're thinking seriously of coming back to Diablo and Warframe. The "commerce" part of Destiny is screwy and off and so much better in Diablo and Warframe not to mention the progress system. We'll see but we would like to come back and see what's new.

Numes 01-18-15 09:22 AM

I love the new patch. The Ancient items are really nice. The biggest difference ancient items makes is on weapons because ancient scales on damage and it's, by far, the biggest change. I had a decent Sun Keeper and I crafted an ancient Devastator for my Firebird wizard and jumped 200K DPS...and that wasn't with a super great roll. Ancient rings/amulets aren't game changers because ancient doesn't change CHC, CHD, elemental damage, etc...

I love the new goblins, especially the blood shard goblin. T6 rifts give you hundreds of shards. I've hit a malevolent goblin 4 times now and I think he's dropped minimum of 3 legendaries and one time he dropped 5. I've hit goblin packs now 4-5 times and although it's a lot of fun, there is SO much that drops, it turns a 5 minute rift into a 20 minute rift picking up all the stuff!

I've been storing up crafting materials to re-roll my ancient replacements. I did have to go through about 70 souls to get the ancient crafted Devastator I mentioned above.

The other really nice thing is that they increased the drop rate for the "ultra-rare" items. I still haven't gotten a Furnace or a Wand of Woh yet, but in the first day I gambled a 50% CHD The Witching Hour belt! I've probably spent 5000-10000 shards gambling belts before the patch.

The monster density and layout changes on the rifts have been a huge improvement. I'm looking forward to doing a bunch of Greater Rifts once the goblin buff is over.

Numes 01-18-15 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12367604)
- they increased the cost of bloodshards for Kadala's items with a greater drop for legendaries and sets pieces.

I don't think they changed anything in this patch with regard to Kadala except Ancients can come from gambling.

LorenzoL 01-18-15 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Numes (Post 12367693)
I don't think they changed anything in this patch with regard to Kadala except Ancients can come from gambling.

I know they increased the cost because I was looking for gloves before the patch and it cost 5 bloodshards and now it's 25. No big deal since you also more bloodshards drops because of the goblins. BTW, if you are playing on PS4, send me a friend invite.

Trevor 01-18-15 10:39 AM

Just bought the game, haven't opened it yet. TrevorDVDTalk on Live. But 2500+ posts here! What have I gotten myself into?

Numes 01-18-15 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12367694)
I know they increased the cost because I was looking for gloves before the patch and it cost 5 bloodshards and now it's 25. No big deal since you also more bloodshards drops because of the goblins. BTW, if you are playing on PS4, send me a friend invite.

The bloodshard increase was in patch 2.1.1 back in September last year, I believe. Maybe it wasn't for PS4, though? I'm on PC otherwise I would add you.

If there are any PC players, my BattleTag is Numes#1885

SmackDaddy 01-19-15 11:23 AM

I kind of abandoned it on the PS3 a while back (had a high level Wizard and Witch Doctor). Purchased the Reaper of Souls version for PS4 and have been playing quite a bit. Just got my Wizard to level 70 last night.

Also enjoy the Transmogrification as some items just look too goofy on a given character (especially some of the Wizard specific helms)

If anyone cares to play just add me, user in my sig.

LorenzoL 01-19-15 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by SmackDaddy (Post 12369086)
I kind of abandoned it on the PS3 a while back (had a high level Wizard and Witch Doctor). Purchased the Reaper of Souls version for PS4 and have been playing quite a bit. Just got my Wizard to level 70 last night.

Also enjoy the Transmogrification as some items just look too goofy on a given character (especially some of the Wizard specific helms)

If anyone cares to play just add me, user in my sig.

I'll add you. I could use people playing this game. There are very few of us in this forum playing on the PS4.

LorenzoL 01-20-15 05:38 AM

Played for a few hours last night and sent gifts to SmackDaddy and Music72. I have 120 bounties to go for the Platinum so I'll be playing at least until I get it. I also finally got some Ancient Legendary items and the stats are much better even without good rolls.

SmackDaddy 01-20-15 08:29 AM

I'm finally getting ready to finish Act V so I can move on to the Adventures/Bounties. I'm on the last part of Act V so I should make it through tonight.

LorenzoL 04-17-15 05:41 PM

Is anybody still playing this? I have been on and off the past two weeks but I'm liking the patch 2.2 update. I still have the 100 bounties that I have to complete.

:up: to Blizzard for still bringing the updates to the consoles (Current Gen).

nickdawgy 04-17-15 08:36 PM

I play it when there's new events and whatnot.

Shagrath 04-17-15 09:08 PM

I play the PC version just about every day. My luck hasn't been that great with this season, but it's only been a week.

gerrythedon 04-18-15 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 12455410)
Is anybody still playing this? I have been on and off the past two weeks but I'm liking the patch 2.2 update. I still have the 100 bounties that I have to complete.

:up: to Blizzard for still bringing the updates to the consoles (Current Gen).

I only play it [XBOX ONE} when it's double xp, which was a whole week event last month. It started on a Monday and I found out on Thursday of that week long event, so I missed 3 days!!!!

U didn't let me know :mad2:!

;)

K&AJones 04-18-15 07:24 AM

Funny this topic came back up.....I let the game fade with new games coming and going....Infamous, Wolfenstein, Destiny, Far Cry 4, Warframe, etc....

I've been playing Bloodborne but my nerves and patience has taken a beating with this game. For the first time in a long time my co-op pal and I were not on speaking terms after playing. I knew then it might be a time to take a break from this and get back to some less stressful playing.I might fire this up again along with The Last of Us and Far Cry 4.

LorenzoL 04-18-15 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gerrythedon (Post 12455702)
I only play it [XBOX ONE} when it's double xp, which was a whole week event last month. It started on a Monday and I found out on Thursday of that week long event, so I missed 3 days!!!!

U didn't let me know :mad2:!

;)

:lol: I have been slacking on this game too.

nickdawgy 04-19-15 02:59 AM

I think I missed the event, too :(

K&AJones 05-16-15 08:38 AM

Well, two us took the plunge last night after a long time away and played like 4.5 hours straight. It was a really fun run mainly in the new areas. The level design and look was really something and never a dull moment. I hit 70 with my main character the Monk and added five Paragon Levels. We were a bit surprised how well we did considering the long time off.

We're still hurting for good gear though and in some cases using Legendary 60, we're just not seeing much. And the thing is some Yellow items have better stats than Legendary with Gems. Can you still dupe items? We pretty much just did it with rare stuff and I picked up a Green Book last night for Monk armor but don't want to use until we see about duping it for my friend.

fumanstan 05-16-15 12:27 PM

There is no cow level.

LorenzoL 05-16-15 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by fumanstan (Post 12483372)
There is no cow level.

Level no but you may see cows between 05/15 and 05/21.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/1908...racy-5-14-2015

LorenzoL 05-16-15 03:09 PM

Nevermind there's a cow level.