DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/534354-diablo-iii-reaper-souls-multi-platform.html)

LorenzoL 09-21-14 11:43 AM

Re: Diablo III + Reaper of Souls (multi-platform)

:lol: I'm hurt since I care so much what people in the internet tells me.

Where's the report to the mod button for harassment? ;)

LorenzoL 09-28-14 01:12 PM

I finally got the "Ring of Royal Grandeur" in one of the Horadric caches doing bounties in Act I. Very nice item and the main attribute which is:

"Reduces the number of items required for Set Bonuses by 1 (To a minimum of 2.)"

Decker 10-07-14 11:07 AM

Diablo III: Reaper of Souls PS4 Updated Today

+ Posted by Lylirra on Oct 07, 2014 // Community Manager, Diablo III

The first major content update for Diablo III: Reaper of Souls – Ultimate Evil Edition is coming today! We’re so excited to deliver patch 2.1.0 to PS4 and can’t wait for you to venture into The Vault, explore the murky corners of The Cesspools, level up your Legendary Gems, and find out just how far you can push your hero in Greater Rifts.

So, what’s new and improved in patch 2.1.0? Let’s take a look!

The “What’s New” Screen

A “What’s New” screen will now appear whenever a player logs into the game (and presses “Start” at the Main Menu) after a new patch has been installed. As the name suggests, this screen will provide a quick overview of new features included in the patch.

The Vault

Whenever Treasure Goblins are defeated, there’s now a chance they will spawn a new type of portal through which players can enter. Inside this mysterious new realm known as “The Vault,” mighty treasures await… along with Sanctuary’s newest boss: the Baroness Greed.

For more information about The Vault, click here.

Please note that portals to The Vault can only be accessed in Adventure Mode, and that they will not appear inside Nephalem Rifts or Greater Rifts.

The Cesspools

When adventuring in Nephalem Rifts and Greater Rifts, players will have a chance to encounter a new randomized environment: The Cesspools. Originally designed as the sewers of Westmarch, this festering, dank underworld is ready to explore and plunder!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2947/...d151d75b_n.jpghttps://farm3.staticflickr.com/2949/...07fd8959_n.jpg

Greater Rifts

Greater Rifts are a special type of timed Nephalem Rift. There are an infinite number of Greater Rift levels, and each level will be progressively more difficult than the last. Upon completing a Greater Rift, players will be able to choose between one of two rewards: a chance to upgrade their Legendary Gems or (if they complete the Greater Rift level within its allotted time) the opportunity to move on to the next Greater Rift level. Players can continue progressing through Greater Rift levels so long as they complete the current Rift level before its timer expires.

For more information about Greater Rifts, click here.

Please note that Greater Rifts can only be accessed in Adventure Mode.

Ramaladni’s Gift

Ramalandni’s Gift is a new Legendary item that will allow players to add a socket to any weapon that does not already have one. This item can drop randomly in the game world and will be consumed on use.

For more information on Ramaladni’s Gift, click here.

https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3934/...233250a1_n.jpghttps://farm4.staticflickr.com/3932/...1ba2ef9e_n.jpg

Legendary Gems

Legendary Gems are a new type of gem that can drop in Greater Rifts and The Vault and will offer powerful abilities when socketed into Rings and Amulets. Players will have the opportunity to upgrade their Legendary Gems over time by completing Greater Rifts.

For more information about Legendary Gems, click here.

Good luck, nephalem. We wish you fortune and glory in your continued adventures across Sanctuary!

K&AJones 10-07-14 03:53 PM

I really need to get back on this but keep going back to destiny and if not that then Warframe. Actually me and kanji brought it up a week ago we need to get back in this.

Gooter 10-10-14 09:05 AM

Community Event for those with the Ultimate Edition. I play on PS4 and would rather have the EXP buff.

PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360:

Prepare to be enlightened. For a limited time, enjoy a +100% bonus to EXP! This bonus will stack with other existing bonuses in the game including (but not limited to) those provided by items, shrines, and Pools of Reflection.

PlayStation 4 and Xbox One:

Double your treasure, double your fun. For a limited time, all Treasure Goblin spawns in the game have been doubled!

This bonus EXP and double Treasure Goblin period begins in all regions today, October 11, and will end Friday, October 17, at 12:00 a.m. PDT. For time zone assistance, please visit: http://everytimezone.com/

*Buffs apply to Ultimate Evil Edition only.

Decker 10-10-14 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Gooter (Post 12264764)
Community Event for those with the Ultimate Edition. I play on PS4 and would rather have the EXP buff.

Me too!

This bonus EXP and double Treasure Goblin period begins in all regions today, October 11, and will end Friday, October 17, at 12:00 a.m. PDT.

(looks at calendar) :hscratch:

Gooter 10-10-14 10:47 AM

Well, I'm at work and had to use Google Cache to copy the info. So it must start tomorrow? But it is legit. LOL Source was Diablofans and Reddit.

LorenzoL 10-10-14 02:54 PM

IGN indicated that it was starting today so who knows. I hope is today since I'll be gone Saturday, Sunday and Monday for Canadian Thanksgiving.

I like the new update and I have been playing this consistently that I haven't touch much FIFA 15 and ME:SoM.

LorenzoL 10-10-14 03:05 PM

So it starts Oct 11 at 12 PDT or Oct 10th 9 pm EST for the East Coast people. I think I have the time zone correctly.

Decker 10-10-14 03:35 PM

In either case, I still think it's kind of mean to pummel a harmless little leprechaun to death just to get his magic treasure. He's the only thing in a dungeon not trying to kill you and that's where you immediately target. Seems unsporting, wailing on this little unarmed troll -- like you're a mugger or something.

LorenzoL 10-11-14 07:53 AM

The buff is active and killing the goblins is at least adding to my gold and helping me achieve the Goblin trophy. In regards to the Vault, has anyone been able to find a goblin that left the portal open? Reading comments on the net, this is very rare.

On the other hand, I got a Greater Rift trial key.

I'm 4 levels away from having a third character at level 70 (Demon Hunter). Next one will be the WD...

LorenzoL 10-11-14 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Decker (Post 12265230)
In either case, I still think it's kind of mean to pummel a harmless little leprechaun to death just to get his magic treasure. He's the only thing in a dungeon not trying to kill you and that's where you immediately target. Seems unsporting, wailing on this little unarmed troll -- like you're a mugger or something.

It was hard enough catching one of them, now with two, you just hope to kill at least one. The good thing is that one hit, can disrupt the portal but having them appear in the open fields, makes it near impossible to catch them. I have been doing bounties inside the castles or dungeons so they have limited escape routes.

Killed at least 8 of them since the buff last night but none dropped legendaries nor open the portal. This was on T1.

LorenzoL 10-15-14 12:04 AM

I had two Nemesis show up in my gameplay and was able to defeat them. I think they were from JasonC11. I sent two gifts to him for killing them unfortunately it was only Rare items. Too bad that they don't drop Legendaries, since they are a pain to kill them.

nickdawgy 10-17-14 10:56 AM

I want to play this again but I have so many other games taking my time.

LorenzoL 10-17-14 08:52 PM

Now that the community event is almost over, at least I can say that thanks to the double goblins I was able to obtain the trophy for killing 100 of them. Too bad that I have yet to see what the Vault is all about.

I still barely have touched FIFA 15 and ME: SoM as this game takes up all my playing time.

LorenzoL 10-25-14 06:46 AM

I was in in Quest mode Act V with my level 65 WD, when a rainbow goblin appeared, leaving a portal open to Whimsydale when it was killed. I was surprised since I thought it was only available in Adventure mode similar to the access to the Vault.
It was cool since it was the first time I seen it even though I didn't get any decent loot from this level.

LorenzoL 10-26-14 02:20 PM

I finally leveled up my WD to 70 and I'm now just gear farming in the rifts in Torment 1. I was able to get the Jade Harvester Joy and the Helltooth Mask with a socket, so hopefully I'm able to get the rest of the sets too.

After all of this time, I finally came across the Last of Us enemies in a rift with the Clickers and Bloaters. It was kind of cool except that it would have been better if there's an actual level to them.

LorenzoL 10-26-14 10:11 PM

After the horrible loss by the Bears, I decided to go back and play some bounties with my SC Monk. I brought him over from the original D3 and haven't played with him since leveling him up to 70 (Paragon 19) a while ago.

After resetting his skills and Paragon setting, I started a bounty and found myself with a treasure goblin. After chasing the goblin down and cornering him, I stood close to him, hitting him until he was near death, when all of a sudden the screen turns black and I'm standing inside the Vault. What a sight to behold!!! I had a little over a million gold when I first started the bounty and by the time I finished off Greed inside the Vault, I had over 20 million in gold plus 3 legendary including the "Boon of the Hoarder" Legendary gem. With that in place on a Moolight Ward amulet with a socket that I got before, Gold is no longer an issue for me. Right now, I have the Legendary gem in a rare ring with a socket so I can use the Countess Julia's Cameo amulet and give me immunity over the arcane while doing rifts.

I'm not sure if I'm going to play another game this year. We'll see...

foxdvd 10-26-14 10:58 PM

finally got my platinum on this tonight..those 500 bounties suck because late game doing anything outside rifts and greater rifts feels like you are wasting your time.

Just like my pc characters, my Demon Hunter is far beyond anything else. The 6 piece set (5 with the ring) makes your sentry skill god mode. I can rip right through level 36 greater rifts now...

If you have a demon hunter, farm for the marauder set as soon as you can...

Jcheckel 10-27-14 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by foxdvd (Post 12282492)
finally got my platinum on this tonight..those 500 bounties suck because late game doing anything outside rifts and greater rifts feels like you are wasting your time.

I had my 500 done trying to get a RoRG, had the platinum before I finally got one.

shizawn 10-30-14 06:04 PM

100% XP and Gold Find bonus starting tomorrow and going through the weekend.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/16576901/

LorenzoL 10-30-14 11:10 PM

It's going to be raining gold for me when adding the Boon of the Hoard Legendary gem. I'll probably try to level up my last two characters to 70 too.

My Barbarian is halfway to 70 already in SC and I have yet to start with a Wizard. This 100% boost will be perfect coupled with a Cain's helmet that adds XP or a Leoric Signet.

LorenzoL 11-01-14 02:50 AM

It's too bad that people who I played with in this forum, have since moved on to other games because this could have been a fun weekend to level up characters. I'm enjoying this game too much still that this is the only game that I play when I'm on the PS4.

The drops have been very good to me. Ever since I went back to my SC Monk, I have gotten items such as Shenlong Fist of Legend, Crude Boots, Won Khim Lau with a socket and a whole bunch a plans for Haidrig coupled with the Spaulders of Zakara and the Countess Julia's Cameo amulet. Currently, I have a Lightning Build that melts enemies in T1 and T2 Rifts and GRifts and depending how much I level up this weekend, I may move to the higher Torrent levels next week.

edstein 11-01-14 10:45 AM

I'd play this game but I'm a little burnt out of it. I spent so much time on the PC version that the console version just lost some its greatness for me.

LorenzoL 11-02-14 11:55 AM

I'm trying to level up my Barbarian with this 100% Experience weekend but I don't like playing this character. I'm up to 65 but I'm not feeling it so I just lowered the difficulty to Expert just to bump him up to 70 and move on.

My last one will be the Wizard which I had leveled up to 14 previously so I'm hoping to bump him up a little bit before this weekend is over.