Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official PS3 Thread - Part something or other.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PS3 Thread - Part something or other.

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-08, 04:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by aktick
I still have Bioshock for 360 unplayed - it's been collecting dust since I got it upon release last year.
That is probably the biggest gaming mistake you have made this year. Open that thing up man!
Old 10-22-08, 07:26 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just got Buzz and have a very big question...

Is it possible to play multi-player online with more than one local person? My roommate and I went online to play but we weren't able to play with two separate characters. Our controllers controlled the same character. Anyone figure this out?
Old 10-22-08, 08:04 PM

PS For those interested in Buzz, I just got it at Newegg for $47 shipped.
Old 10-22-08, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard
Just got Buzz and have a very big question...

Is it possible to play multi-player online with more than one local person? My roommate and I went online to play but we weren't able to play with two separate characters. Our controllers controlled the same character. Anyone figure this out?
Sadly, there is nothing to figure out. No multiple characters from the same machine in sofa vs. sofa play.

What's your PSN id? I'll play you sometime.
Old 10-22-08, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by awil1026
Sadly, there is nothing to figure out. No multiple characters from the same machine in sofa vs. sofa play.

What's your PSN id? I'll play you sometime.
I hope they fix that, because that is a terrible oversight.

PSNid= tlwizard81

let's play!

Last edited by tlwizard; 10-22-08 at 09:18 PM.
Old 10-23-08, 01:38 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

You know, I saw Bioshock at the store the other day when I was picking up SOCOM (for the headset!), and almost pulled the trigger on it, but with LBP, Fallout 3, and Resistance 2 all coming out in the next couple weeks, and all being launch day titles for me, I think I may wait on Bioshock. I'm also interested in Far Cry 2, Dead Space, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift as well, and I'm not made of money!!
Old 10-23-08, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Originally Posted by bdshort
You know, I saw Bioshock at the store the other day when I was picking up SOCOM (for the headset!), and almost pulled the trigger on it, but with LBP, Fallout 3, and Resistance 2 all coming out in the next couple weeks, and all being launch day titles for me, I think I may wait on Bioshock. I'm also interested in Far Cry 2, Dead Space, and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift as well, and I'm not made of money!!
I was listening to Gamers With Jobs yesterday and they basically said the headset was essentially the only reason to buy the game.
Old 10-23-08, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,022 Likes on 812 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I was listening to Gamers With Jobs yesterday and they basically said the headset was essentially the only reason to buy the game.
I've heard that repeatedly too
Old 10-23-08, 10:47 AM
Banned

FIRST LOOK: David Hasselhoff in New Video Game

http://www.people.com/people/article...235089,00.html

Attention America's Got Talent castoffs and former Knight Rider bad guys: here is your chance to finally get revenge on The Hoff.

PEOPLE.com has an exclusive first look of PAIN Movie Lot, a new PlayStation 3 video game being released Nov. 6 in which players get to smash, bash and trash characters including David Hasselhoff – with the former Baywatch star in on the joke.

"The idea of 'hurting The Hoff' or 'hassling The Hoff' was just hysterical to me," Hasselhoff, 56, tells PEOPLE. "I don't know why, I think it was from growing up watching the Three Stooges and the idea of hurting yourself was funny to me."

In the irreverently comedic game, a player can take a virtual Hasselhoff – replete with a Knight Rider jump suit emblazoned with "The Hoff" on the back – though a series of collisions and pratfalls and score points for how much pain they can make the onetime German pop star endure.

Hasselhoff also has recorded a cover of the Culture Club classic "Do You Really Want To Hurt Me" that will be available as a download.

"When they said they had the rights to the song, that really sold me," said Hasselhoff.

Just don't expect to get a chance to beat The Hoff at his own game.

"Not so much of a gamer," said Hasselhoff, who did the game in part because his kids are such video game addicts. "I like to be in them. The great video games now are making more than major motion pictures."
New trailer for PAIN: Movie Lot in the link.

This is a fantastic addition to a great game.

Old 10-23-08, 11:32 AM
Banned

A Very Special Message from David Hasselhoff

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/...id-hasselhoff/

Originally posted by David Hasselhoff
Hello everyone, it’s your friendly neighborhood David Hasselhoff here. I know you’re probably wondering “What in the KITT am I doing on the PS Blog?” right? Well…settle down…settle down! I’m here to let you know straight from the Hoff’s mouth – I’m coming to PAIN! And it hurts so good! Don’t believe me, PEOPLE Magazine just broke the story and I’m talking about it on my blog.

What am I doing in PAIN you ask? It’s the Movie Studio! What’s a movie studio without The Hoff? You can now put The Hoff into a launcher and fling me into harm’s way – exploding crates, cars, people – everything is fair game. And best of all, you’ll never even put a scratch on this mug of mine!

When I was first approached about PAIN, I really didn’t know what to think. I mean, it’s great to think that someone would want to put me in a game, but THIS game is all about flinging people into walls, smashing them into cars, and spanking monkeys. While I wholeheartedly approve of the monkey spanking, I wasn’t too sure about the rest of the game. When I finally got my hands on PAIN though, everything changed, and I “got it”. If anybody can understand silly fun, it’s me.

I am a man of many emotions so when you throw me around the Movie Studio, I need to express myself. What better way than in song! So to commemorate my invasion onto the PS3, I made a cover song of Culture Club’s “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me” exclusively for PAIN. I’m really happy with the way the track turned out. We definitely brought something new to such a classic, well-known tune, and when you hear it, you’re going to like it. Sure, you know David Hasselhoff, but this song is like nothing I’ve done before.

So, after a lot of hard work by a bunch of talented people, Hoff Day is coming on Nov. 6! I’ve got the keys to the Movie Studio … who wants in? After all, do you REALLY want to hurt me? Wait….don’t answer that. Just go download The Hoff and play PAIN!
Old 10-23-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Pain + The Hoff + Do you really want to hurt me = SALE!

I bought the previous release, theme park, in release date too and had a lot of fun, although I haven't had time to play it too much after that.
Old 10-23-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hell, I'll pick up the Hoff character day 1.
Old 10-23-08, 02:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Been playing PAIN on and off since I got my console in November last year. Awesome addition.
Old 10-23-08, 02:35 PM
Banned

With the additions of SackBoy and Buzz! as well, PAIN is looking like it's just getting going. I would LOVE to have a Springfield expansion with Homer. Oh, the possibilities.
Old 10-23-08, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by SonOfAStu
With the additions of SackBoy and Buzz! as well, PAIN is looking like it's just getting going. I would LOVE to have a Springfield expansion with Homer. Oh, the possibilities.
A Springfield expansion would be quite wonderful! Good idea!
Old 10-23-08, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
I'm so, so, so looking forward to hurting the Hoff.

Not to sound too cheap, but I hope he's included with the Movie lot and not a separate purchase. I bet he is extra, though.

Last edited by Decker; 10-23-08 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-23-08, 03:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
The problem I have with many of these incremental updates to the PS3 downloadable games, is that I know if I wait, they'll bundle them up for cheaper.

Speaking of bundles... I notice they bundled up the two expansions for eye of judgement... but I haven't even seen the new packs in stores. Are they only sold in comic book/sports card stores or something?
Old 10-23-08, 06:17 PM

If anyone applied for the Resistance 2 beta through the PSU, I just got the code in my email... so be on the lookout!
Old 10-23-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

locking for length.