Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Official PS3 Thread - Part something or other.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official PS3 Thread - Part something or other.

Old 05-28-08, 07:18 PM
  #51  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 40,622
Received 1,369 Likes on 1,070 Posts
Originally Posted by mhg83
You should get the limited edition and hold on to it. I think thats gonna be worth a lot of $ in the future if you leave it sealed. I think I may end up getting the 80 gig bundle to play and the limited version to collect.
I know the previous MGS-related limited edition item (Metal Gear Saga 1?) quickly sold out and goes for a premium, but do you really think that leaving this sealed is a good investment? This isn't some low-print-run Atlus game, this is being preordered by the boatload and I can't think of anything limited edition in recent history that has held onto even face value.
fujishig is offline  
Old 05-28-08, 07:39 PM
  #52  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Pa
Posts: 11,957
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I preordered the LE today. Is there anything on that bonus dvd that would spoil the game itself?
DthRdrX is offline  
Old 05-28-08, 11:10 PM
  #53  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 12,056
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by fujishig
I know the previous MGS-related limited edition item (Metal Gear Saga 1?) quickly sold out and goes for a premium, but do you really think that leaving this sealed is a good investment? This isn't some low-print-run Atlus game, this is being preordered by the boatload and I can't think of anything limited edition in recent history that has held onto even face value.

I think you misread me. I didnt mean the limited edition game. Theres the limited edition ps3 system. It's a specialy designed ps3. Not sure if you can still order it or not? I heard you can order at a web site.
mhg83 is offline  
Old 05-28-08, 11:59 PM
  #54  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 2,394
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The LE bundle is on konami.com
Fandango is offline  
Old 05-29-08, 01:28 PM
  #55  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Posts: 40,622
Received 1,369 Likes on 1,070 Posts
Originally Posted by mhg83
I think you misread me. I didnt mean the limited edition game. Theres the limited edition ps3 system. It's a specialy designed ps3. Not sure if you can still order it or not? I heard you can order at a web site.
Ah, I did misread you. Yeah, the LE PS3 will be hard to find... what's the market on this kind of stuff anyway? How's the Halo LE Xbox (not 360) doing?
fujishig is offline  
Old 05-29-08, 11:44 PM
  #56  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Posts: 6,097
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
We've finally received word that the long awaited, and much rumored, PlayStation 3 Firmware Update 2.40 is indeed the real deal and is said to be coming relatively soon. Many of the most requested features, such as a universal friends list and in-game messaging will be included, in addition to a few rather nice surprises (*cough*soundtracks*cough*). We definitely can't divulge all of the details, but trust us, it's coming.
We aren't yet 100% sure of the actual release date, but all signs point to sometime in June. We're guesing that Sony will probably detail 2.40 in the coming weeks.


http://www.gaming-age.com/news/2008/5/29-48
musick is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 01:03 AM
  #57  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveNinja
where did you find the 15 dollar orange boxes at?
Target clearance....YMMV on price and store. It was $30 last month.....which is still a deal, considering you get 3 games with it. $14.98 on clearance, with a handful of Targets @9.98.
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 02:17 AM
  #58  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
Target clearance....YMMV on price and store. It was $30 last month.....which is still a deal, considering you get 3 games with it. $14.98 on clearance, with a handful of Targets @9.98.
I also got it for $14.98 at my Target. Other recent sightings-

Motorstorm $14.98
NCAA Football 08 $9.98
NBA 07 $7.48
Tiger Woods Golf 08(Nintendo DS) $7.48.

I now include a trip to the Target clearance section during my weekly store hopping.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 02:20 AM
  #59  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been looking for Motostorm forever! (@14.98).
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 04:21 PM
  #60  
DVD Talk Gold Edition
 
JackBurton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 2,055
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone hear any news if/when PlayTV will be released in North America? I'm picking up a PS3 this weekend and this feature intrigues me.
JackBurton is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 05:40 PM
  #61  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went ahead and pre-ordered the MGS4 PS3 bundle at my local TRU just in case I can't get it at Amazon for some reason. If Amazon sticks it up for pre-order, I'll order it there instead to save on tax, and also because I have Amazon credit in my account.

Either way, I'm just glad I have it for pre-order somewhere now.
Brent L is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 07:14 PM
  #62  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Raul3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Picture a cup in the middle of the sea
Posts: 10,706
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When are they going to start selling PNS points in B&M places?
Raul3 is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 08:27 PM
  #63  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
I now include a trip to the Target clearance section during my weekly store hopping.
I believe they are suppose to update the clearance prices on Tuesdays....BUT it is YMMV if they actually do this on time.
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 09:12 PM
  #64  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do any of the PS3 bundles come with an HDMI cable, and if not what's the cheapest way to go to get one?
Brent L is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 09:18 PM
  #65  
DVD Talk Special Edition
 
XavierMike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,465
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
monoprice.com Greatest cable deals ever.
XavierMike is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 11:39 PM
  #66  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Words
Posts: 28,204
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine,
Bona fide,
Electrified,
Six-car
monoprice
What'd I say?
Ned Flanders: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Patty+Selma: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: That's right! monoprice!
[crowd chants `monoprice' softly and rhythmically]
Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud...
Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.
Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?
Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?
Lyle Lanley: You'll be given cushy jobs.
Abe: Were you sent here by the devil?
Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.
Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.
Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear it's Springfield's only choice...
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
All: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
All: monoprice!
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
All: monoprice!
monoprice!
monoprice!
[big finish]
monoprice!
Homer: Mono... D'oh!
NotThatGuy is offline  
Old 05-30-08, 11:49 PM
  #67  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 44,122
Received 763 Likes on 620 Posts
Originally Posted by pedagogue
Lyle Lanley: Well, sir, there's nothing on earth
Like a genuine,
Bona fide,
Electrified,
Six-car
monoprice
What'd I say?
Ned Flanders: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
Patty+Selma: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: That's right! monoprice!
[crowd chants `monoprice' softly and rhythmically]
Miss Hoover: I hear those things are awfully loud...
Lyle Lanley: It glides as softly as a cloud.
Apu: Is there a chance the track could bend?
Lyle Lanley: Not on your life, my Hindu friend.
Barney: What about us brain-dead slobs?
Lyle Lanley: You'll be given cushy jobs.
Abe: Were you sent here by the devil?
Lyle Lanley: No, good sir, I'm on the level.
Wiggum: The ring came off my pudding can.
Lyle Lanley: Take my pen knife, my good man.
I swear it's Springfield's only choice...
Throw up your hands and raise your voice!
All: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: What's it called?
All: monoprice!
Lyle Lanley: Once again...
All: monoprice!
Marge: But Main Street's still all cracked and broken...
Bart: Sorry, Mom, the mob has spoken!
All: monoprice!
monoprice!
monoprice!
[big finish]
monoprice!
Homer: Mono... D'oh!
So what you're saying is that monoprice is out of control and will kill us all?

Damn you, solar powered monoprice!
RichC2 is offline  
Old 05-31-08, 01:34 AM
  #68  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Sweet Baby James's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 11,587
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I know that everyone loves Monoprice(as do I), but in keeping with my Target clearance theme, give them a look. I picked up a really well made 6' Psyclone Essentials HDMI(for the XBOX system) cable for $4.98.
Sweet Baby James is offline  
Old 05-31-08, 08:08 AM
  #69  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would this get the job done?

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...SO9A1&v=glance

I'll give Target a look, although the clearance section at my local store is almost always totally ravaged.
Brent L is offline  
Old 05-31-08, 09:43 AM
  #70  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 66,011
Received 4,053 Likes on 2,745 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
That's a great deal and should work fine.
Decker is offline  
Old 06-01-08, 05:33 PM
  #71  
DVD Talk Platinum Edition
 
JohnSlider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Detroit, Michigan PSN: JohnSlider
Posts: 3,507
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, is there going to be any difference between the 80GB that was previously released and recently discontinued vs. the newer one that is being bundled with Metal Gear Solid 4? I realize it comes with the new DualShock controller, which I'm not really concerned with. I am happy getting the 40GB over the OLD 80GB system, but if this new version has anything improved I want to weigh my option accordingly before jumping the proverbial gun here.
JohnSlider is offline  
Old 06-01-08, 07:03 PM
  #72  
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner
 
Decker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Vegas, Baby!
Posts: 66,011
Received 4,053 Likes on 2,745 Posts
There was some speculation that this new 80 GB wouldn't have all the BC compatibility of the previous version, but nothing is confirmed, afaik. If you have any interest in BC or in MGS4, then go with the new bundle, otherwise that $100 GC that is currently given with the $399 40 GB at Walmart and at Best Buy makes that deal VERY tempting. There is a very limited gunmetal grey version, but that's like an extra $100.
Decker is offline  
Old 06-01-08, 07:10 PM
  #73  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Brent L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Upstate, SC
Posts: 13,617
Likes: 0
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is it the 60 GB that pretty much has a PS2 inside of it, allowing for complete playback, without any problems, of all PS1 and PS2 games?
Brent L is offline  
Old 06-01-08, 07:15 PM
  #74  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Join Date: May 2001
Posts: 44,122
Received 763 Likes on 620 Posts
20 and 60. Both are long OOP.
RichC2 is offline  
Old 06-01-08, 07:17 PM
  #75  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Quake1028's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Hurricanes Season Ticket Holder
Posts: 26,600
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Brent L
Is it the 60 GB that pretty much has a PS2 inside of it, allowing for complete playback, without any problems, of all PS1 and PS2 games?
The 20GB and the 60GB. 80GB is gimped, 40GB has none.
Quake1028 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.