Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread - Part 2!

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-08, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks!!!!!
Old 05-11-08, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by CKMorpheus
Press Up on your D-pad to access the phone, then press Up again to access the keypad. Keep in mind, certain cheats will block your ability to earn achievements. They will also keep track of how often you cheat on the Stats page. Cool thing is that the cheats will stay in your phone for easy access after you enter them.
thanks, i only had pressed up once. so how do you keep the numbers on the phone for easy access?
Old 05-11-08, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts
Press Up on your D-pad to access the phone, then press Up again to access the keypad. Keep in mind, certain cheats will block your ability to earn achievements. They will also keep track of how often you cheat on the Stats page. Cool thing is that the cheats will stay in your phone for easy access after you enter them.
If you use a cheat, are the achievements blocked from then on, for the rest of your game? Or does it 'reset' upon, say, next save, or next death?
Old 05-11-08, 04:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dtcarson
If you use a cheat, are the achievements blocked from then on, for the rest of your game? Or does it 'reset' upon, say, next save, or next death?
According to the 360 Achievement boards, the achievement is only blocked until you exit the game and come back.
Old 05-11-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by uncle-frank
thanks, i only had pressed up once. so how do you keep the numbers on the phone for easy access?
Once a cheat is entered, it remains in your phone automatically. On the menu of your phone where it says "Phonebook" "Messages" "Options" "Multiplayer" etc, there will be a new section called "Cheats"
Old 05-11-08, 07:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think this game I'm going to try for all 1000 gamerscore points. Only one other game I did that for, which was BioShock (that was a lot easier though). The only ones I think I'm gonna have trouble with are the Multiplayer ones. It's hard to find a lot of cooperative people to do stuff like Beat Rockstar's Time in certain multiplayer types, or hell... how am I going to be able to kill a Rockstar employee?
Old 05-11-08, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I think this game I'm going to try for all 1000 gamerscore points. Only one other game I did that for, which was BioShock (that was a lot easier though). The only ones I think I'm gonna have trouble with are the Multiplayer ones. It's hard to find a lot of cooperative people to do stuff like Beat Rockstar's Time in certain multiplayer types, or hell... how am I going to be able to kill a Rockstar employee?

Yeah, the kill a Rockstar sounds like a cool achievement. I'm definitely not going for all the achievements with having to shoot 200 pigeons. Ugh.
Old 05-11-08, 10:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
... how am I going to be able to kill a Rockstar employee?

There is a rumor in the XBOX forums that this achievement is viral, so maybe it will spread out as soon as some people start getting it.
Old 05-11-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Getting online in the first place is a real chore. They have some major bugs to work out there.
Old 05-12-08, 01:14 AM

[...] It's hard to find a lot of cooperative people to do stuff like Beat Rockstar's Time in certain multiplayer types [...]
Any night you want to try for the co-op achievements, just let me know; that's definitely something I'd like to try as well. (Though how much actual help I'll be, I don't know)
Old 05-12-08, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Getting online in the first place is a real chore. They have some major bugs to work out there.
Never once have had a problem getting online.
Old 05-12-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I am having trouble with a mission the first time. It is a Brucie mission;

Spoiler:
It's Brucie's mission No.1 where I enter a race. I have tried this 5 or 6 times and can't get any better than 3rd. I am one of the few who dosen't complain about the driving controls in the game but I just find I can't handle this car around corners well enough. Is there any secret or tips to this race. I tried shooting the other cars throughout the race but it ended the race instantly.

Thanks
Old 05-12-08, 09:05 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ElementZ

Spoiler:
It's Brucie's mission No.1 where I enter a race. I have tried this 5 or 6 times and can't get any better than 3rd. I am one of the few who dosen't complain about the driving controls in the game but I just find I can't handle this car around corners well enough. Is there any secret or tips to this race. I tried shooting the other cars throughout the race but it ended the race instantly.

Thanks
Well, one thing that I usually do in races where the opponents can really throw you off track, is just gun it on the straightaways, and slow way down on the corners. Because usually it seems like not getting spun out is the most important key in winning.
Old 05-12-08, 09:41 AM
Mok

I'm having problems on the Ruff Rider mission what a pain in the butt, I must have done it like 10x's.
Old 05-12-08, 09:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah, I missed a turn and still caught up on the straights.
It is best to carefully corner and floor it when you can. Stay away from the AI drivers of course, the rest is a little luck.
Old 05-12-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by abrg923
Never once have had a problem getting online.
It seems really finicky to me, I can connect most of the time, and host a large party, but getting some of my friends to connect, particularly ones that are not even 10 miles away from me, I can't do it. They can't get onto my game and I can't get onto theirs. My NAT is open, and so is theirs, so I don't know what the issue could be.
Old 05-12-08, 10:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I have that same problem with Halo also CK
Old 05-12-08, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ElementZ

Spoiler:

Thanks
I usually just shoot out the tires of everyone else once the race starts, seems to work great.
Old 05-12-08, 11:05 AM

Who is Ratman, and how do you find him?

Also if you spawn cars, does this turn off achievments?
Old 05-12-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by House
Who is Ratman, and how do you find him?

Also if you spawn cars, does this turn off achievments?
Ratman is just a rumor right now. Some people say that a being named the 'Ratman' lurks around the subways or the sewers in Liberty City, and comes up once in a while and can be found lurking in the subways and along the coast.

As for spawning cars, no they will not turn off achievements, but they will count as cheats in your stats.
Old 05-12-08, 11:24 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Important question about Ivan:

Spoiler:
In the mission 'Ivan the Not-So Terrible', I chose to kill Ivan. Now I read that if you leave him alive he will provide some side missions. So will it be impossible to achieve 100% if I killed him?
Old 05-12-08, 12:01 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
Originally Posted by DRG
Important question about Ivan:

Spoiler:
In the mission 'Ivan the Not-So Terrible', I chose to kill Ivan. Now I read that if you leave him alive he will provide some side missions. So will it be impossible to achieve 100% if I killed him?
No, it will be possible. You're ok.
Old 05-12-08, 12:12 PM

Received 174 Likes on 124 Posts
Okay, I need a bit of help on the Liz-LJ-Snow mission, with a small rant included.

Spoiler:
So I go to the old hospital, snipe a few guys from a distance, and then proceed in and kill all the gang members. I take my time, get the body armor and finally pick up the package. My strategy was to wait and slowly shoot all of the police until I made it outside the hospital. Once outside I found the boat and outran the heat. I then made my way along the water to LJ. I make it to the street, low on health mind you, and start walking to LJ. (I was going to get some food somewhere if I found any.) Out of nowhere some street punk starts running from the police right by my area. I don't believe I did anything but apparently Niko tripped the police officer generating heat. In my attempt to run away I was hit by a car, meaning I failed the entire mission and had to start over from the beginning. (That was my rant on the absurdity of starting all the way over). So my question then is, is there a quick and easy way to get in and out of the hospital? Or do I really need to take most of the police before exiting? Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-08, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Pharoh
Okay, I need a bit of help on the Liz-LJ-Snow mission, with a small rant included.

Spoiler:
So I go to the old hospital, snipe a few guys from a distance, and then proceed in and kill all the gang members. I take my time, get the body armor and finally pick up the package. My strategy was to wait and slowly shoot all of the police until I made it outside the hospital. Once outside I found the boat and outran the heat. I then made my way along the water to LJ. I make it to the street, low on health mind you, and start walking to LJ. (I was going to get some food somewhere if I found any.) Out of nowhere some street punk starts running from the police right by my area. I don't believe I did anything but apparently Niko tripped the police officer generating heat. In my attempt to run away I was hit by a car, meaning I failed the entire mission and had to start over from the beginning. (That was my rant on the absurdity of starting all the way over). So my question then is, is there a quick and easy way to get in and out of the hospital? Or do I really need to take most of the police before exiting? Thanks in advance.
Spoiler:

The cops will just keep on coming, shoot who you need to to get through the door, run, find a boat or a car and get out of there!!!
Old 05-12-08, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's the mission I'm stuck on, it's really frustrating having to drive all the way from Elizabeta's to the hospital and go through all that and then I cant get away.

There should be checkpoints.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.