Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

THQ to release WWE -Legends of Wrestlemania in 2009

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-09, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: THQ to release WWE -Legends of Wrestlemania in 2009

I anxious to know if the rumored feature of taking wrestlers from SVR 2009 to the Legends and vice versa is true.
Old 02-11-09, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Sounds like they're going back to the older control scheme. BIG plus for me. I may just get this...
Old 02-11-09, 10:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
46 seconds? I want it nooooooooooooow.
LOL. I just meant that is how long it would take to re-create the match, since it was about that short.....Veruca.
Old 02-12-09, 12:01 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
I anxious to know if the rumored feature of taking wrestlers from SVR 2009 to the Legends and vice versa is true.
I'm curious how that would work, since they have supposedly simplified the controls to a more arcade-style for Legends. Would the game remap the moves of the SVR wrestlers to the Legends style?
Old 02-12-09, 01:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DRG
I'm curious how that would work, since they have supposedly simplified the controls to a more arcade-style for Legends. Would the game remap the moves of the SVR wrestlers to the Legends style?
The feature was only rumored, but nothing is concrete. I don't know how exactly they'll do it, or if they are going to do it at all.
Old 03-03-09, 11:12 AM
Banned

Well, I heard it in an interview with Ted Dibiase Sr and now it's been confirmed by pwinsider: You can bring the roster and created characters from SVR 09. Only the additional downloaded characters won't be able to go from one game to another.

LOTS OF NEWS ON THE FORTHCOMING THQ WWE LEGENDS OF WRESTLEMANIA VIDEOGAME
by Chad Mosher @ 2009-03-03 10:44:17

I put together some news about the forthcoming WWE Legends of Wrestlemania game from THQ based on an online chat that was held last night with Paul Edwards from the design team.

*The control system is designed to be something of a mix between the old school arcade game style play and today's controls.

*There is no Playstation 2 version as they wanted to focus on the newer systems to keep their efforts focused on the highest quality game possible.

*There are no female characters in the game due to time constraints.

*There will be characters that fans can unlock via gameplay. They teased Howard Finkel.

*There will be 30 "Legends" in the game but you will be able to bring over the WWE roster and created characters you've put together from the most recent Smackdown vs. Raw 2009 game. The only exception will be characters that were later created for SVR2009 as downloadable additions.

*There will be Steel Cage and Ladder matches in the game. The cage will be the old school big blue cage. The game will also feature a Royal Rumble.

*There are video montages that WWE edited together for the "Wrestlemania tour mode" portion of the game, including some footage that WWE has never released on DVD before.

*Designers have recreated all of the venues and looks of the first 15 Wrestlemania events, minus the "WWF" logo, which they can't use for legal reasons.

*Like Smackdown vs. Raw 2009, you will be able to import custom music for your characters.

*Damien the snake and Frankie the bird pop up.

*All of the classic music will be used for Legends, as well as some new music for talents that didn't have music that was still available for the game.

*There will be no referee visible in the game as the look is meant to be a throwback to the early WWF Arcade Games and there were no referees in those.

*The hope is to make the game a yearly franchise like Smackdown vs. Raw but game sales will determine whether that happens.

*There will be multiple costumes for talents.

*The World Heavyweight, Million Dollar, Intercontinental, and Tag Team championships are included in the game.

*No Kim Chee with Kamala.

*You will be able to create stables in the game.

*There will only be four managers in the game and you will not be able to create managers on your own.
http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=36934&p=1
Old 03-03-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Is there a demo going to be made for X-Box Live?
Old 03-03-09, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Apologies if there is an obvious answer to this...but if you can export WWE wrestlers to this game...are they graphically changed to keep the cartoon look constant?
Old 03-03-09, 11:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The interview on IGN did mention there would be a demo up next week, IIRC.

And they also mentioned that the imported characters won't be in the cartoon design, I think they said they would look the same as they did in SvR.
Old 03-03-09, 11:43 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

*Damien the snake and Frankie the bird pop up.
I wonder if you can use Damien in an offensive manner, to threaten/scare your opponent like Jake used to.
Old 03-03-09, 12:32 PM
Banned

The only thing I don't like about the update is that at first they mentioned simple controls. Now they are talking about a mixture of simple controls and the SVR one. They need to keep this as simple as N64 WWF No Mercy. If you want non-wrestling fans to get this, then it has to a be plug and play simple.
Old 03-03-09, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad there's a demo coming. Probably going to pick this up if the controls are good.
Old 03-03-09, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

It will have to be really good to get me to buy it. I understand some names can't be used for one reason or another, if they are in TNA, but missing guys like Randy Savage just sucks.
Old 03-04-09, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I'm also glad there will be a demo. This game is like a dream to me, but if the gameplay isn't fun, I might have to pass on it.
Old 03-04-09, 06:52 AM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

They demoed the game on X-play all you use is the 4 face buttons and an analogue stick.
Old 03-04-09, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

That has been known for months.
Old 03-04-09, 07:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SexualPudding
That has been known for months.
But it was not clear after the last chat and now that we know that more complex character models from SVR 09 can be transfered to the game.
Old 03-04-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gotcha.
Old 03-05-09, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The demo is up on 360.
Old 03-05-09, 03:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I've played through the demo 5 or 6 times, and unfortunately the best thing that I can say is 'meh'. The fact that you only have 1 button for grapple moves (even with the tap vs. press dynamic) really limits your ability to do different moves (if anyone played the first Wrestlemania game on the Gamecube, it's very similar). I was playing as Hogan and the number of times that I either did a bodyslam or shoulder breaker was a little frustrating.

Also, since the grapple button plus a movement has different effects means that you end up doing a completely different move then you intended.

Finally, it's filled to the brim with quicktime events. Fire a guy into the ropes, quicktime event to try and hit them. Use a submission, quicktime event to evade it. Lockup/test of strength, quicktime for the win. The mechanic just seemed a little overused in the game.

That said, I still had a pretty good time with the matches, but the game for me has gone from a 'must buy' to a 'need to see the reviews and what others say before I make up my mind but I'll probably still buy because I'm weak and instantly regret my purchase'.
Old 03-05-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

There are some serious mixed reviews on the IGN boards for the demo. I'll have to try it out myself.

Keeping my expectations low
Old 03-05-09, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Oh well THQ disappoints me again. I felt the same way. I kept doing the same moves over and over. I miss AKI.
Old 03-05-09, 09:27 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bring back Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.
Old 03-05-09, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mok
Bring back Virtual Pro Wrestling 2.
I've got a PS2 gathering dust and I'm thinking about busting it out and buying Fire Pro Returns (although the idea of buying an Action Replay and all that jazz has me a little turned off). I loved, loved, loved Fire Pro D (had all the edit packs with tons of wrestlers), and this is one game where graphics can take a back seat to gameplay and I don't mind.
Old 03-05-09, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, I certainly agree there aren't many moves. But the controls are easy enough and I don't think the quicktime events were too many. Then again, I'm a bit of a fan of them. I'm sold. I'll be pre-ordering it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.