Reload this Page >

GameStop is Vile and Disgusting Part XXVII

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GameStop is Vile and Disgusting Part XXVII

Old 01-28-21, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 440 Likes on 349 Posts
Re: GameStop is Vile and Disgusting Part XXVII

Yep this isn't big tech at all, it's new school brokerages in an old world system with old world influences and clearing houses.
Old 01-28-21, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 253 Likes on 157 Posts

Robinhood is literally owned by Citadel, which has a LARGE short position.
Old 01-28-21, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 2,172 Likes on 1,395 Posts

The following 7 users liked this post by Decker:
Deftones (01-28-21), Giantrobo (01-29-21), Ginwen (01-31-21), Kdogg (01-31-21), namja (02-04-21), uteotw (02-01-21), Why So Blu? (01-29-21) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-29-21, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 136 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by K&AJones View Post
In a nut shell....these High & Mighty Elitist on Wall Street thought it was going to be business as usual and they make a lot of $$$ and everyone laugh it up....well a group of people...those paying attention...on Reddit saw and knew exactlly what was happening and played the same game except turned the tables on these Hedge Funds blindsiding them and taking their pants, shirt, shoes and underwear and any and everything else....

...so what do they do...well since Wall Street...and Big Tech...are alll buddy-buddy....Hedgefunds that lost the clothes off their back went to Media and The Big Heads on Wall Street and shut this down including the Trading App - Robinhood.....basically, THEY and only THEY are allowed to do this, someone else (outsiders) played by the same rules, cleaned their clocks, they thru a temper-tantrum and even some company has pulled The Server linking Robinhood claiming...ready...violates their code and labeled it Hate Speech and Threat....no joke...

I find it odd that some single stock that was basically called trash, hardly a blimp, concern suddenly is in the entire Financial Spotlight, has some Democrats Attention and White House Monitoring...

White House Is Monitoring GameStop Stock Situation; AOC And Elizabeth Warren Weigh In
The situation surrounding GameStop's stock price has caught the attention of Biden's White House. .
White House Is Monitoring GameStop Stock Situation; AOC And Elizabeth Warren Weigh In - GameSpot
It's all fun and games until the rich get boned.
Old 01-29-21, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 326 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob V View Post
It's all fun and games until the rich get boned.
They're not involved because of the people buying the stock and driving up the price; they got involved when RH halted trading. They're for the hedge funds getting boned.
Old 01-29-21, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 573 Likes on 434 Posts

We're gonna see the White House/Congress act on this quicker than they did the $2000 checks that were supposed to immediately go out the door.
Old 11-05-21, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 481 Likes on 346 Posts

Anyone have any inside info for trade promotions? I have a One S I want to offload for an Oculus Quest 2 for my kid for Christmas. Seems like I missed an October promotion with bonus trade value. I check Cheap Ass Gamer daily but seems like it is only game trade in bonuses right now.
Old 11-05-21, 09:17 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 576 Likes on 415 Posts

Yeah you just missed a pretty excellent deal, though I don't know if the One S was included in that. Trade deals seem to change on Sundays. Folks say they are still getting extra for their consoles though, particularly for Pro members.
Honestly, best bet is to swing by a location and see how much it rings up as. You'll need to include a controller, HDMI, and power cable. Possibly even a USB cable for the controller, but that might just be for PS consoles because they have internal batteries.
Old 11-05-21, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 481 Likes on 346 Posts

From the limited info i saw about it, it seems it was included. Yeah, I probably should swing by one to see. My other concern is the stock on the Quest 2 dwindles and I miss getting one there. Not that I couldn't get it anywhere, just more about taking some of the cost of it down. Thanks, Dan.