Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

GameStop is Vile and Disgusting Part XXVII

Old 08-12-18, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: GameStop is Vile and Disgusting Part XXVII

After being found guilty Sheehan was sentenced to death and was executed at midnight, being buried alive by unsold FunkoPops.
Old 01-29-19, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Gamestop buyout isn't going through (at least not in the near term) and the stock cratered today.
Old 01-29-19, 03:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got a free $5 GC to Gamestop, so went in and picked up some trinkets to buy with it. The cashier tried to ring them up, but they were not in the system. So he tells me, “Looks like they’re free. Here you go.”

So, not vile and disgusting that trip.
Old 01-29-19, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the reminder, I also got that free $5 coupon and need to use it soon. Unfortunately that would require me to visit a GameStop
Old 01-29-19, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I got one of those $5 coupons once. I tried it on a handful of items before giving up. Wasn't valid on anything I tried.
Old 01-29-19, 07:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'm surprised this wasn't posted here before

GameStop cancels Kingdom Hearts 3 special edition PS4 pre-orders, infuriating fans

‘Unforeseen issue’ = ‘sold more preorders than we had consoles’

By Owen S. Good Jan 25, 2019, 5:22pm EST

GameStop canceled an unknown number of pre-orders for a special edition Kingdom Hearts 3 PlayStation 4 Pro because it sold too many of them.Customers who had their orders canceled were sent an email informing them of the problem, along with a $25 coupon code for a future GameStop order. Obviously, these customers were not charged for the canceled order. The email called it “an unforeseen issue,” but in a tweet this afternoon the retailer said it oversold its allotment of pre-orders.
https://twitter.com/GameStop/status/1088901333254516736

Many customers let the retailer know its apology and the gift certificate were unacceptable in light of the unit’s value and scarcity, and the fact some had sold or traded in another console in order to finance it.

Another Twitter user (video game voice actor Sean Chiplock, in fact) offered a more trenchant assessment of what caused the problem.

https://twitter.com/sonicmega/status...03279155662848

The $399 Kingdom Hearts 3 Limited Edition PS4 Pro is exclusive to GameStop and EB Games in the United States and Canada. It’s due to launch on Jan. 29 along with the game itself. Sony and Square Enix announced the bundle in mid-December. The console includes a 1 TB hard drive and a case design with a Kingdom Hearts series theme. A matching DualShock 4 controller is also included. The special edition console quickly sold out after it was announced.