Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread.

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread.

Old 05-01-08, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another awesome moment:

I jumped in a sports car in the passenger side, and when I got in, the drive slammed the car into reverse and backed us into truck before Niko could throw him out.
Old 05-01-08, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I guess i'm one of the few people that don't really have a problem with Niko's hand to hand fighting either?

It seems fairly simple to me, but I think everyone is used to mashing buttons like this was God of War to make him punch or kick when they need to wait for him to finish one move before throwing another punch.
Old 05-01-08, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two comments:

1) GTAIV: Dating sim or hardcore violent game? You decide.

2) I almost wish that the birds weren't always in the same place so that you had to chase them around everywhere to get them all. It would be very hard, but I'd love it.
Old 05-01-08, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
I guess i'm one of the few people that don't really have a problem with Niko's hand to hand fighting either?

It seems fairly simple to me, but I think everyone is used to mashing buttons like this was God of War to make him punch or kick when they need to wait for him to finish one move before throwing another punch.
Don't have a problem with hand to hand either. I actually enjoy it.
Old 05-01-08, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Still can't get on multiplayer!!!!! What's wrong with this thing!!!!
Old 05-01-08, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Popped this in last night for a couple hours, ended up watching the full Republican Space Guard (or whatever) in its entirety and loved it, and absolutely LOVED The Pisswasser beer commercial.

Having never played a 3d GTA game before, I was concerned about this one somewhat based on what you guys have been writing. So I fired it up.

Controls - Not terrible. Sure they take a couple seconds to get used to, but I liked that the cars didn't control like Burnout cars and took some effort. The camera is a little slow to respond, but not that bad.

I haven't picked up a gun yet - just beat down a couple dudes in the tennis courts.

I nailed Michelle on the 2nd date after she beat me in bowling, but stood Roman up to score some action. A fair trade.

I like the way things are progressing so far - I think my first entry into Liberty City will be an enjoyable one.
Old 05-01-08, 11:14 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brent L
2) I almost wish that the birds weren't always in the same place so that you had to chase them around everywhere to get them all. It would be very hard, but I'd love it.
I've yet to see a bird - are they fluttering in the air, sitting on a tree...? I haven't really done any exploring in single player mode yet though, just been doing the story, so maybe I'll spot some once I start free roaming more.
Old 05-01-08, 11:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and absolutely LOVED The Pisswasser beer commercial.
That's Anthony fron the Opie and Anthony show. They all did voices for the game
Old 05-01-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Popped this in last night for a couple hours, ended up watching the full Republican Space Guard (or whatever) in its entirety and loved it, and absolutely LOVED The Pisswasser beer commercial.

Having never played a 3d GTA game before, I was concerned about this one somewhat based on what you guys have been writing. So I fired it up.

Controls - Not terrible. Sure they take a couple seconds to get used to, but I liked that the cars didn't control like Burnout cars and took some effort. The camera is a little slow to respond, but not that bad.

I haven't picked up a gun yet - just beat down a couple dudes in the tennis courts.

I nailed Michelle on the 2nd date after she beat me in bowling, but stood Roman up to score some action. A fair trade.

I like the way things are progressing so far - I think my first entry into Liberty City will be an enjoyable one.
Pretty much my experience so far too. Although I did make my first official in-mission kill yesterday. The only other GTA game I've played was Vice City and this is already miles beyond it.
Old 05-01-08, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by firteen88
yeah, lazlow is pretty tight with the O&A show, and Ron & Fez are somewhere in the game too.

Last edited by rabbit77; 05-01-08 at 11:23 AM.
Old 05-01-08, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by fumanstan

I haven't had any problem either. I've simply been using the "aiming reticle" to lock on, and then it's fairly easy.

And, I do have to admit, I believed the controls to be fairly touchy when I first started playing, but now, nearly eight hours in, they feel fluid and easy. I am still not a huge fan of the camera, but it's not all that bad.
Old 05-01-08, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I don't know much/anything about O&A, so the cool factor of who it is has no bearing on my like of the commercial

But so far - I'm totally digging this game. I'm pissed I'm playing in a hockey tournament this weekend now. Time to start working on my cough.
Old 05-01-08, 11:24 AM
Video Game Talk Editor

Originally Posted by aktick
I've yet to see a bird - are they fluttering in the air, sitting on a tree...? I haven't really done any exploring in single player mode yet though, just been doing the story, so maybe I'll spot some once I start free roaming more.
They have a distinct red glow around them and they just sit in one place.

Typing www.whattheydonotwantyoutoknow.com into the in-game internet browser will tell you more.
Old 05-01-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I wish my kids weren't so young and impressionable that I can't play in front of them and can only limit my game time to when after they're off to bed.
Old 05-01-08, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rabbit77
Pretty much my experience so far too. Although I did make my first official in-mission kill yesterday. The only other GTA game I've played was Vice City and this is already miles beyond it.

That is cool

Spoiler:
On one mission you get the chance to let somebody live or kill them. I wonder if you let them live it will come back around later, or if it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things
Old 05-01-08, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I heard on Sirius this morning that Howard actually did all the voices, then O&A copied him!
DVD Talk Special Edition

yeah, lazlow is pretty tight with the O&A show, and Ron & Fez are somewhere in the game too.
I wonder what kind of character Fez will play
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by rabbit77
I wish my kids weren't so young and impressionable that I can't play in front of them and can only limit my game time to when after they're off to bed.
I'm in the same boat you are! Can't start playing GTA until about 10pm every night.
Old 05-01-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 722 Likes on 527 Posts
I still can't get to single player without someone inviting me to multiplayer and me getting kicked to sungle player.
Old 05-01-08, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Originally Posted by jonw9
That is cool

Spoiler:
On one mission you get the chance to let somebody live or kill them. I wonder if you let them live it will come back around later, or if it doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things
Spoiler:

It took all my will power not to kill the guy, but my girl convinced me to let him live, and afterward I thought he may wind up being helpful.

Funny thing is, it didn't see like a long enough drop to kill someone. I stood (or died) corrected when I jumped off.
Old 05-01-08, 11:40 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by Setzer
I'm in the same boat you are! Can't start playing GTA until about 10pm every night.
That's me as well. Last night I started dozing off during a mission and kept driving off the road.
Old 05-01-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Spoiler:

It took all my will power not to kill the guy, but my girl convinced me to let him live, and afterward I thought he may wind up being helpful.

Funny thing is, it didn't see like a long enough drop to kill someone. I stood (or died) corrected when I jumped off.
Spoiler:

I had to do the mission twice! The first time I was running so hard to cactch him, I ran off the edge and had to restart (after a visit to the hospital)! DOH! Then after I
Spoiler:
saved
him, I fell off the roof again trying to jump down onto the fire escape. I would have thought one of the rooftop doors would be open in order to exit. A send trip to the hospital.
Old 05-01-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
I'm kinda in the same boat, I will get to the first screen where it shows all the players, and then my router will power cycle pretty much when I get into the game.
Old 05-01-08, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I still can't get to single player without someone inviting me to multiplayer and me getting kicked to sungle player.
What?
Old 05-01-08, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm kinda in the same boat, I will get to the first screen where it shows all the players, and then my router will power cycle pretty much when I get into the game.
I can't even get that far. I try connecting on the phone and I get a message saying cannot connect right now, try again later.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.