Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread.

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

The Official GTA IV - multi console super friends thread.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 12:58 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Little Jacob or Badman (or whatever his name is)? I thought Little Jacob was hard to understand, then Badman shows up...I think it's even funnier when you have subtitles on, because it displays it just as they are saying it, and you're trying to read it, going "WTF?!?"

Little Jacob. I have yet to meet Badman, cool I can't wait.
Old 04-30-08, 01:01 PM

wow, all these posts about the worst controls ever. I had a hard time with them as well, but didn't expect this much talk. Niko controls fine as long as you NEVER use cover. You will also get used to the driving, but it still blows.

Also, is the game mainly just freezing on PS3 owners? I've logged 30+ hours online and offline on my 360 version and never had a single freeze.
Old 04-30-08, 01:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I haven't really had any problems reading the cell phone, but I sit fairly close to my 50" TV.
Old 04-30-08, 01:15 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Speaking of the phone, when do you get / buy a new one? I've got $59,000 but apparently can't get a cell phone upgrade to save my life.

I'm taking a break from the story to juggle some women at this point. After the particular Brucie mission, I finally booked two dates through the lovemeet website, one with the Sohogirl (Carmen) and the Lawchick. Carmen's a real self-absorbed bitch and I don't know if I can take her yammering. I do like all the little vocal clues to impressing the girls though. Next time I see Carmen, I'll be driving a nicer car and wearing fancier threads.

My first Lawchick date isn't for a few more days. Is she the one that can
Spoiler:
lower your wanted level with a call?

Last edited by Flay; 04-30-08 at 01:19 PM.
Old 04-30-08, 01:21 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flay
Speaking of the phone, when do you get / buy a new one? I've got $59,000 but apparently can't get a cell phone upgrade to save my life.
Ironclad 2 year contract, I'll bet. Good luck getting out of that!

I do like all the little vocal clues to impressing the girls though. Next time I see Carmen, I'll be driving a nicer car and wearing fancier threads.
So that stuff actually makes a difference? Only one I've been with is the first one...Michelle? She says she likes my car every time (and it's been many different cars - newer sports car, older muscle car, beater, SUV), but the last date she did ask me if I was wearing the same thing as on the previous date. Changing clothes might help?

And does she have a specialty you can unlock?

Last edited by aktick; 04-30-08 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-30-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by discostu1337
Also, is the game mainly just freezing on PS3 owners? I've logged 30+ hours online and offline on my 360 version and never had a single freeze.

I've read several xbox360 owners dealing with freezing issues?
Old 04-30-08, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
I gotcha beat.

After picking up a hooker, we ended up in the thruway. As I was driving, I got a little...twitchy and somehow the car flipped over and we ended up upside down. Since the car stopped, the "Press L1 to cycle" thingie came up, so I selected a handjob. Once she finished, I clicked the triangle to get out of the car and she did too. Since traffic was blocked up because of us, I went to jack another car, but couldn't move much when I got in. So the hooker came over and yanked my ass outta the car and she and the car's owner beat the holy hell outta me..

As for the stuttering and whatever else has been reported...i've been playing for about 5-6 hours total and haven't had a problem yet.

Knock on wood.
(or brick...)
How do you pick up a hooker?
Old 04-30-08, 01:24 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Ha ha

Old 04-30-08, 01:32 PM
IIG
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by House
How do you pick up a hooker?
Every time that I've done it, I just rolled up next to the hooker and honked my horn (pressing down the left stick).
Old 04-30-08, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't think I have even seen a hooker yet. I think I have logged in less than 5 hours of playtime though, and some of that was online. By the way I don't know who was playing yesterday with the freeplay going crazy with the bus, but it wasn't fun. Also, you guys love the N-Word. And I didn't find the antics as funny as much as everyone else was laughing.
Old 04-30-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by IIG
Every time that I've done it, I just rolled up next to the hooker and honked my horn (pressing down the left stick).
Yep. Beep your horn.
Old 04-30-08, 01:42 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Dumb question...the 1 month Live Gold trial card that was in with the game - can you add that to a pre-existing Gold membership to get a month, or is it only for new accounts?
Old 04-30-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I don't think I have even seen a hooker yet. I think I have logged in less than 5 hours of playtime though, and some of that was online. By the way I don't know who was playing yesterday with the freeplay going crazy with the bus, but it wasn't fun. Also, you guys love the N-Word. And I didn't find the antics as funny as much as everyone else was laughing.
Say what? You were playing with DVDTalkers you say? The Bus the dude, or the bus as in a bus in the game?
Old 04-30-08, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dumb question...the 1 month Live Gold trial card that was in with the game - can you add that to a pre-existing Gold membership to get a month, or is it only for new accounts?
Yes you can add onto your existing account.
Old 04-30-08, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 396 Likes on 296 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
The cellphone is impossible to read. I have to squint and move closer to the TV.

This I will agree with. Also, even with brightness up all the way, it's too dark sometimes.
Old 04-30-08, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by IIG
Oh ok, I walked up to one. I'll try driving by next time.
Old 04-30-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Say what? You were playing with DVDTalkers you say? The Bus the dude, or the bus as in a bus in the game?
A bunch of them were riding around in a bus, not The Bus.
Old 04-30-08, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by nickdawgy
This I will agree with. Also, even with brightness up all the way, it's too dark sometimes.
are you guys on a non-HDTV set? it's clear on my 55" tv, but I could see a problem on a smaller set, or non-HDTV. Kind of like the Dead Rising text.
Old 04-30-08, 02:31 PM
Video Game Talk Editor

Ironclad 2 year contract, I'll bet. Good luck getting out of that!

So that stuff actually makes a difference? Only one I've been with is the first one...Michelle? She says she likes my car every time (and it's been many different cars - newer sports car, older muscle car, beater, SUV), but the last date she did ask me if I was wearing the same thing as on the previous date. Changing clothes might help?

And does she have a specialty you can unlock?
Yes, changing clothes will help with her OCD. But I was able to get invited inside after three dates (same clothes each time). Bowling, eating a burger, and a game of pool. She's probably the simplest girl to please and keep happy, but you will see why a bit later in the story. She has no specialty that I can tell.

And I found out where I'll be getting my next cell phone. Turns out I just haven't completed a certain mission for a contact yet.

Last edited by Flay; 04-30-08 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-30-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Hey thanks man!
Old 04-30-08, 02:39 PM
Suspended

There are little touches here and there in the game that I love. For example, I walked up to two people on the street who were having a conversation with one another and just crouched down in between them. At first they acknowledged me, asking "what's the deal with this guy?" but then went back to their conversation. I didn't move. Eventually one guy said "that's it, I've had it!" and started attacking me while the other dude ran off screaming. I laughed for five straight minutes.
Old 04-30-08, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
The music list posted earlier in this thread is false - there is no metal station, or any songs by 2Pac.

Are you checking the same system? I know one of the systems has a Amazon tie in so that might have a bigger list. I guess you can buy the full song versions in game or something like that.
Old 04-30-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

aktick - thanks for the invite last night .. jumping out of the copter was a blast, and the car pile in Times Square was fun to do. I'll be on this evening once I get the NAT issue resolved.
Old 04-30-08, 03:08 PM

Yes, changing clothes will help with her OCD. But I was able to get invited inside after three dates (same clothes each time). Bowling, eating a burger, and a game of pool. She's probably the simplest girl to please and keep happy, but you will see why a bit later in the story. She has no specialty that I can tell.

And I found out where I'll be getting my next cell phone. Turns out I just haven't completed a certain mission for a contact yet.
I hit that after my 2nd date Bowling then Pool. Then again after the 3rd date which was darts.
Old 04-30-08, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by House
I hit that after my 2nd date Bowling then Pool. Then again after the 3rd date which was darts.

I didn't play darts yet, but I got some coffee after the second date, which was also pool!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.