DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Are the standalone HDs for the 360 going to be around for a while? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/530191-standalone-hds-360-going-around-while.html)

Boba Fett 04-23-08 05:57 PM

Are the standalone HDs for the 360 going to be around for a while?

I'm still debating between the PS3 and 360, but slowly moving back to the 360.

All but one of the games for the 360 I want don't need more than a couple megs for saves, so I'm considering getting the $280 and later in the summer upgrading to the 120gig HD. I already have a wireless 360 controller, so I don't see a driving need to go all out for the Pro bundle at the moment.

DVDChris 04-23-08 06:25 PM

Yes. Since the arcade console does not have a hard drive. Plus with all the downloadable content, movies, etc. it won't all fit on those memory cards.

Calico 04-24-08 05:15 PM

I made the mistake of getting an Aracde pack, all I can say is - if you're getting a 360, spring for the one with an HDD. Within a week I had buyer's remorse, as I couldn't save any demos except those from Xbox Live Arcade, and even then, two filled a memory card. For the bigger game demos, you can't fit them on a card at all, unless you buy the bigger memory cards, and then...why not have just sprung for the HDD to be included with your 360? Trust me on this - get it with the HDD. Within a week of having my arcade pack, I was on ebay stalking cheap HDD's.

TheBigDave 04-24-08 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by Calico
if you're getting a 360, spring for the one with an HDD.

Agree 100%. I bought the 20GB console, and quickly upgraded to a 120GB drive. Without an HD, you're really only getting half the experience (so it's like an Xbox 180).

CKMorpheus 04-24-08 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Calico
I made the mistake of getting an Aracde pack, all I can say is - if you're getting a 360, spring for the one with an HDD. Within a week I had buyer's remorse, as I couldn't save any demos except those from Xbox Live Arcade, and even then, two filled a memory card. For the bigger game demos, you can't fit them on a card at all, unless you buy the bigger memory cards, and then...why not have just sprung for the HDD to be included with your 360? Trust me on this - get it with the HDD. Within a week of having my arcade pack, I was on ebay stalking cheap HDD's.

So so true. Get one with a HD. You'll regret it if you don't.

forsho01 04-25-08 11:36 AM

if anything, get the arcade pack and get a 120 gb hdd. i know that i went through the original 20 gb from my regular hdd fast. with all the demos, dlc and game stuff, it's just better to have all the extra space. i remember i'd always be looking for something to erase even though i didn't want to.