DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/530071-official-nintendo-ds-thread-viii-65-million-strong-growing.html)

LosingMyMind 01-31-11 12:54 PM

Re: Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing

Apparently amazon uk won't allow Last Window to be shipped to the US, not even from a third party seller. Damn.

Chris_D 01-31-11 07:08 PM

You could try Play Asia for Last Window. I think it's $50-60 though.

Oh, $49.50 + shipping apparently.
http://www.play-asia.com/Last_Window...n-70-3wkg.html

Chris_D 01-31-11 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by shumway (Post 10616528)
I'm about 99% certain there is no region coding/lockout on either the DS or the PSP.

The DSi store is region locked to your hardware. Also, certain cartridges are marked as being "DSi Enhanced". These are also region locked (although you can still play them on a DS lite/original DS). Pokemon Black and White is one of these.

Last Window is fine though.

To add, the only "region locking" on the PSP is that you can't have PSN accounts from multiple regions on the same PSP (in fact I think you can't even have multiple PSN accounts from the same region?). Well, at least you would need to have separate memory cards, one for each PSN account. Of course, on a PSP Go you would have to remove and readd the PSN account each time you wanted to switch.

darkside 02-04-11 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 10616465)
That won't play on an American DS, correct?

I played it on a DSi and it played fine so it didn't have any region lock out. Had no idea how hard it was to import though. I've already finished and returned it to my friend at work and still want to buy it. I really liked the game a lot. It was similar to Hotel Dusk, but I found the story a bit better and would love to play through it again. May go ahead and pay the high Play Asia price since it seems a US release is impossible. The 3DS is almost out so I don't see anyone picking this up so late to bring to the US.

Still need to pick up Ghost Trick and 999, but with Pokemon, Dragon Quest VI, Radiant Historia and Okamiden on the way I'm having a hard time catching up. Looks like I will be buying a 3DS to play regular DS games on. I want nothing coming to 3DS anytime soon.

Quack 02-15-11 03:58 PM

Anyone pick up DQVI today? Amazon disappoints me for a change....the shipping date isn't until the 17th which seems bogus.....

darkside 02-15-11 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by Quack (Post 10639967)
Anyone pick up DQVI today? Amazon disappoints me for a change....the shipping date isn't until the 17th which seems bogus.....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...IMG_0238-1.jpg
Yes, and I'm very happy to finally own all 9 main DQ games.
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a2...e/IMG_0241.jpg

Quack 02-18-11 06:13 AM

Grrrrrrrrrrr, Amazon sucks balls, got a shipping confirmation on the 16th saying I'd get it the 17th and UPS doesn't have it yet! Asshats! Bitched to them in a live chat and they gave me $5 back....hopefully I'll have it by Monday.

slop101 02-18-11 11:43 AM

So, opinions on the DSi-XL - should I go for it?

LosingMyMind 02-18-11 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by slop101 (Post 10644403)
So, opinions on the DSi-XL - should I go for it?

I would pass on it. Either get a DSi or a 3DS.

Michael Corvin 02-18-11 05:49 PM

Isn't the image quality on the XL blown up from DSi resolution? That's a red flag right there, not to mention, why drop $200 on an XL with the 3DS knocking at your door?

Quack 02-18-11 06:30 PM

Haven't seen Pixy around in a couple months.

darkside 02-20-11 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10645086)
Isn't the image quality on the XL blown up from DSi resolution? That's a red flag right there, not to mention, why drop $200 on an XL with the 3DS knocking at your door?

I have to say that I did end up with a DSi XL and I love it. It is the res blown up, but it looks really nice when you are playing and the games are in motion. Its a bitch to carry the thing around though. With the 3DS so close now though I would get that before an XL, but I do like my XL.

slop101 02-20-11 12:43 PM

Well, I'd never carry the DS around (it would stay in the house or in the car), and the last few time I've played it, I just wished it had a bigger screen (tough to see some things in some games), so maybe the XL is for me. Though I bet it'll have a huge price drop once the 3DS comes out.

Quake1028 02-20-11 02:09 PM

I LOVE my recently acquired XL. Get it. I don't think there will be a substantial price drop.

Chris_D 02-20-11 04:00 PM

I think it's too big and kind of ugly.

Michael Corvin 02-22-11 08:14 PM

Heads up: there is a demo for Okamiden on the Wii Nintendo channel.

darkside 02-24-11 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin (Post 10650868)
Heads up: there is a demo for Okamiden on the Wii Nintendo channel.

I liked the demo, but man its hard to catch up on all of these good DS games coming out. I'm getting tempted to skip the 3DS for awhile and buy all these good DS titles coming out to start the year. I seriously want nothing on 3DS for the foreseeable future.

UncleGramps 03-09-11 01:50 PM

Add me to the list of people who think Ghost Trick is awesome. If you like puzzle/adventure games, you should really go buy it at your earliest convenience.

Liver&Onions 03-09-11 01:55 PM

:lol: at UncleGramps who deleted a post, but then went on to mention in the reason section that he thought his post was pretty funny.

It was not.

UncleGramps 03-09-11 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions (Post 10672440)
:lol: at UncleGramps who deleted a post, but then went on to mention in the reason section that he thought his post was pretty funny.

It was not.

It was hilarious. But it was in response to a spam post that got deleted. And now you've called attention to something that only mods can see at this point in time. Great job!

Liver&Onions 03-09-11 02:13 PM

:up:

So if this also falls in the line of things you think are funny, Pinata needs to update his venn diagram.

UncleGramps 03-09-11 02:20 PM

Is it "Inside Jokes Day" here on the forums? :lol:

xmiyux 03-09-11 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 10672477)
Is it "Inside Jokes Day" here on the forums? :lol:

It is just B1G1 for jokes today. Stock up!

LosingMyMind 03-10-11 10:05 AM

I guess Giana Sisters DS is seeing a US release? It was reviewed in the latest edition of Nintendo Power, but amazon doesn't even have a page up for it yet :/

manicsounds 03-22-11 07:37 AM

Okamiden review 8.5/10