DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/530071-official-nintendo-ds-thread-viii-65-million-strong-growing.html)

PixyJunket 09-29-10 08:36 AM

Re: Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing

Originally Posted by UncleGramps (Post 10399905)
March 2011 release for the US. It'll be the equivalent of about $300 US when it launches in Japan in late February.

As a note, it's launching at the same price the DSi LL launched in Japan, 25000.. which ended up being $189 when it came out in the US.

darkside 09-29-10 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket (Post 10400137)
As a note, it's launching at the same price the DSi LL launched in Japan, 25000.. which ended up being $189 when it came out in the US.

Good to know. I'll keep the fingers crossed for at least a $199 price here, but honestly I will probably buy one regardless. DS is my favorite system to game on and I'm going to want to play Professor Layton in 3D.

ultimaton 09-29-10 11:42 AM

This will make a nice companion to my DS Lite and DSi. :lol:

I'm actually very excited about Gameboy VC and the fact that the DSWare will apparently be transferable from the DSi to the 3DS.

DaveWadding 09-29-10 01:36 PM

Idk if anyone else noticed, but for this week's Mario promotion, TRU seems to have gotten some of the OOP Mario games in stock (Hoops 3 on 3, Super Princess Peach, Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time). I bought Partners in Time after it being one of the main reasons I bought a DS Lite in the first place.

LosingMyMind 09-30-10 08:59 PM

$350 would be the most I would pay. So as long as it's not more than that, I'll be happy.

pinata242 09-30-10 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 10403692)
$350 would be the most I would pay. So as long as it's not more than that, I'll be happy.

For a 3-pack?

Chris_D 09-30-10 09:06 PM

They should just round it up to $400 and be done with it.

LosingMyMind 09-30-10 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by pinata242 (Post 10403694)
For a 3-pack?

No, the 3DS.

pinata242 09-30-10 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by LosingMyMind (Post 10403718)
No, the 3DS.

And every launch title. Got it ;)

PixyJunket 10-06-10 12:10 PM

So I'm about an hour into Shantae: Risky's Revenge (on DSiWare) and I'm giving it my full recommendation for anybody that loves the old NES/SNES style of games. The sprite work is INCREDIBLE, the music rocks, the controls are rock solid and the gameplay is pretty much a pitch-perfect copy of one of my favorite series of games ever, Wonder Boy/Monster World.

fujishig 10-14-10 01:33 PM

So anyone playing Etrian Odyssey III? I might actually finish this one. Pretty much totally new classes, which means a lot of new skills and combinations. After the second stratum you can add a subclass to your main class, with access to all skills except the main skill for each class. They added a sailing sidequest. Oh, and best of all you can invest points in a skill that allows the guys in your guild who are sitting at home to gain EXP (up to 50%), which makes it much easier to bring new characters into your party.

IGN gave it an absolutely terrible review, but from the makeup of the party the reviewer used, I doubt she made it very far.

PixyJunket 10-14-10 02:08 PM

I picked it up with the artbook but haven't gotten to it yet, might not for a while, but I do love the series.

UncleGramps 10-14-10 03:32 PM

So, Super Scribblenauts is pretty awesome. The D-pad control scheme makes the game a lot less frustrating, the adjectives are a great addition, and most of the levels are puzzle levels rather than action levels, which I strongly approve of. Well worth a look even if, like me, you found the first game pretty disappointing.

Decker 10-14-10 04:02 PM

:) : I bought this game with that great Kmart $15 gaming coupon deal.
:( : I can't find my damn DSi. House is on the market and somehow we've put it away somewhere I can't find it.

Daryl 10-14-10 04:27 PM

Anybody have some games they can recommend? I was house hunting recently and I "acquired" a DSi.

xmiyux 10-14-10 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Daryl (Post 10430832)
Anybody have some games they can recommend? I was house hunting recently and I "acquired" a DSi.

rotfl

darkside 10-16-10 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket (Post 10414558)
So I'm about an hour into Shantae: Risky's Revenge (on DSiWare) and I'm giving it my full recommendation for anybody that loves the old NES/SNES style of games. The sprite work is INCREDIBLE, the music rocks, the controls are rock solid and the gameplay is pretty much a pitch-perfect copy of one of my favorite series of games ever, Wonder Boy/Monster World.

Loving this one as well. I'm to the battle tower now and have really enjoyed it. This and Flip Champs are easily my two favorite pieces of DSiWare.

PixyJunket 10-26-10 01:42 PM

Another great piece of "under the radar" DSiWare hit last week, Snapdots.

This is essentially a remake/port of a game Compile made on the GBA that never made it to America. It's a really awesome puzzle game, it's sort of a cross of Picross and Magical Drop. Well, that's probably not true, but visually correct. Some videos will tell the tale better.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/29xjS3fOq68?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/29xjS3fOq68?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xcc2550&amp;color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Baron Of Hell 11-08-10 02:16 PM

My hinge broke. I'm not sure how since I keep it in a hard case and DS carry case. Now it is all floppy. This is a sad day for the world and the men and women that serve our great nation. I hope one day a hinge that doesn't break under lite use will be created For now though I will carry on and fight the good fight for god and for the nation.

manicsounds 12-08-10 06:53 PM

Largest DS packaging ever for a single game?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/ninokuni.jpg

dizzlle01 12-09-10 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by manicsounds (Post 10534298)
Largest DS packaging ever for a single game?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s/ninokuni.jpg

what game is that on the left?

Noonan 12-09-10 07:56 AM

Ninokuni: Shikkoku no Madoushi in Japan. It will be named Ni no Kuni: Black Mage when it's released in the US.

I'm looking forward to the English version coming out.

manicsounds 12-09-10 08:42 AM

Ni No Kuni means "Second World" quite a game so far. Designed by Studio Ghibli, (their first game), music by Joe Hisaishi, voice acting, cut scene animation, it's pretty groundbreaking for a DS game.

Noonan 12-09-10 09:42 AM

Could you give some impressions when you try it out?

darkside 12-09-10 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by manicsounds (Post 10535015)
Ni No Kuni means "Second World" quite a game so far. Designed by Studio Ghibli, (their first game), music by Joe Hisaishi, voice acting, cut scene animation, it's pretty groundbreaking for a DS game.

I think it is that big because it comes with a giant book that is required to play the game. They were saying on one of the 1up podcasts that the book may kill the chances for a US release.