DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Re: Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing

No news yet Pixy on DQVI?
Old 09-17-09, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the hell is Picross 3D coming out? I'm dying over here!
Old 09-17-09, 10:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Quack
No news yet Pixy on DQVI?
It's expected to be revealed in Jump this week or next week? It was teased last week.
Old 09-17-09, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,158 Likes on 4,191 Posts

Anyone get M&L 3 yet? Mine is coming today. Didn't play the last one, but I liked the first one a lot on the GBA, IIRC. I can't remember much about it story-wise, but I'm sure that won't be a big deal here anyway. The reviews for this game have been great. Looks like all the hype was thrown at the wrong mid-September DS game.
Old 09-17-09, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Decker
Looks like all the hype was thrown at the wrong mid-September DS game.
Well..that's a matter of opinion.
Old 09-17-09, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone get M&L 3 yet? Mine is coming today. Didn't play the last one, but I liked the first one a lot on the GBA, IIRC. I can't remember much about it story-wise, but I'm sure that won't be a big deal here anyway. The reviews for this game have been great. Looks like all the hype was thrown at the wrong mid-September DS game.
I picked it up at TRU finally yesterday along with a $15 gc instead of $10 for all the delays. I haven't got into yet because I need to finish up DQV.

Everything I've read about it is great, though, and I can't wait.
Old 09-17-09, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by superfro
Well..that's a matter of opinion.
So, not to harp on this but you're completely satisfied with Scribblenauts? You don't feel it was oversold or overhyped at all?
Old 09-17-09, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts

So, not to harp on this but you're completely satisfied with Scribblenauts? You don't feel it was oversold or overhyped at all?
Originally Posted by pinata242
Good lord... I sure hope I can get through my stack by then:

Dragon Quest V
Mario & Luigi 3
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
Chrono Trigger
Henry Hatsworth
Scribblenauts
Old 09-17-09, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's too high of a position on my list.
Old 09-17-09, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As of yet, not at all. I joked about my overexpectations about the game, but honestly I was still pretty grounded in what it was going to do and offer. Control issues? Sure...but the other stuff it allows to happen, plus being a blast to figure out some of the puzzles multiple times in different ways is great. I think the game is what you make of it, and it shines in 15-30 minute play sessions.
Old 09-17-09, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 910 Likes on 645 Posts

As of yet, not at all. I joked about my overexpectations about the game, but honestly I was still pretty grounded in what it was going to do and offer. Control issues? Sure...but the other stuff it allows to happen, plus being a blast to figure out some of the puzzles multiple times in different ways is great. I think the game is what you make of it, and it shines in 15-30 minute play sessions.
It's a perfect game for short bursts. It would be even better on the iPhone just to be able to play a level or two whenever without carrying around the DS.
Old 09-17-09, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

While I am enjoying Scribblenauts, I got M&L 3 the same day, and it has completely sucked me in. I'm about 3 hours in, and it's excellent so far. The Bowser sections of the game are a good change of pace, and the writing and dialogue are up to the high standards of the earlier games in the series.
Old 09-17-09, 04:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm really liking Scribblenauts, but as said above it is a good game in short bursts.

Happy to see Wayforward is making a sequel for Shantae. Too bad Mighty Flip Champs didn't do better for them. It was a fantastic puzzle game, but it was never in the top 20.
Old 09-18-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I forgot the image tag on the first post, duh.

Spoiler:
Old 09-18-09, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Oddly enough I have been getting into Fossil Fighters. I didn't get much into Pokemon Diamond/Pearl and thought i was burned out on the collecting all of anything. Fossil Fighters though has kind of hooked me.
Old 09-19-09, 07:44 AM

When the hell is Picross 3D coming out? I'm dying over here!
I have the Japanese version ("Rittai Picross") and oh my god it's fun and addictive! If you like regular Picross you'll love it in 3D!
Old 09-19-09, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

I really like the game. It has a great battle system that actually makes me want to find enemies rather than avoiding them. Graphics are beautiful for a DS game. The story and dialogue are very well written and funny as hell. I dont think I've laughed this hard since Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction.

My only problem is that the game is too easy. I wish they would've put a difficulty setting on the game. Does anyone know if there's a game + when you finish?
Old 09-19-09, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Couldn't remember if Pixy had posted this or not....but saw this over at GoNintendo.com....larger version over there.

Old 09-20-09, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just beat DQ V yesterday and I loved the game. It is challenging VIII for my favorite DQ game. Can not wait for VI. Still haven't played IV (my son has had that one in his DS for months) and I never have played VII though I have owned it since the day it came out in the US. Played all the rest though and it is one of my favorite series.
Old 09-20-09, 10:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I actually just got VIII in the mail from TRU 2 days ago, was able to find it new for $20 which I was excited about and have had VII as well....need to get on that after I catch up on my DS.
Old 09-21-09, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Awesome.

I can't wait for it to come out over here.
Old 09-21-09, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

PopCap's DS plans

Press Release PROVIDED BY GAMES PRESS

SEATTLE, Washington – September 21, 2009 – PopCap Games, the leading developer and publisher of the world’s most widely played video games, today announced the upcoming launch of two major adaptations of Bookworm™ and two, first-ever video game platform adaptations of Bejeweled Twist™. These new iterations of two of PopCap’s most successful franchises, mark PopCap’s entry into the DSiWare™ market, and its continued support of Nintendo DS™ with all-new, feature-rich versions, fully optimized for the Nintendo systems.

Bookworm will be available for the DSiWare service later this month, followed by Bejeweled Twist for DSiWare in mid-October. Bookworm for DS will launch at retail on December 1, 2009 and Bejeweled Twist for DS will be released at retail in Q1 of 2010.

“We’re bringing serious innovation to Bookworm and Bejeweled Twist - two of our most important game franchises – to deliver unique features and cool new multiplayer capabilities that have been specifically designed for the Nintendo systems,” said Ed Allard, vice president of strategic development at PopCap. “This Fall, Nintendo DSi Shop will give consumers an immediate jolt of high quality fun and value with titles that feature more great gameplay content than any other downloadable titles available on this platform. We’re following them up with enhanced and expanded, must-have retail versions for the DS that are the most full-featured installments of Bookworm and Bejeweled Twist we’ve ever created.”

Bookworm DSiWare and DS

Bookworm was originally released by PopCap in January of 2005 and has been ported and re-optimized for ten different platforms, boasting over 100 million downloads, and making it the world’s most popular digital word game. Now, for the first time, Bookworm has been adapted for Nintendo DSiWare and Nintendo DS with an array of new features and modes that are exclusively available on DS. The DSiWare version of Bookworm includes the complete Classic mode and has been specifically tuned for dual-screen, vertical use. The DS version offers all of the content that has made Bookworm so popular as well as entirely new gameplay not available anywhere else, including the multiplayer Bookworm Battle mode, 20 all-new Collectible Books, the ability to construct a library based on your game progress, and the all-new “Lex-Ray” – a fun new way for the game’s hero, “Lex,” to measure and track your growing spelling and vocabulary prowess.

With both new versions of Bookworm, players whet their appetite for spelling fun in PopCap’s hit word-puzzle game, an immersive title for word game aficionados of all ages and levels. Players link adjoining letter tiles to build words, complete each level and feed “Lex.” They’ll use Reward Tiles and spell Bonus Words to boost their score.

Bejeweled Twist DSiWare and DS

Bejeweled Twist was originally released to critical acclaim in October 2008 and these two new versions of Bejeweled Twist are the very first video game platform adaptations of this important franchise. Bejeweled Twist now features the ability to challenge and play other gamers over an ad-hoc wireless connection. Playing on either the DS, or on the Nintendo DSi™ system, this is the first game to allow for interoperable multiplayer gaming between these two platforms.

In Bejeweled Twist, players rotate 2x2 blocks of gems in an effort to create a line of three or more gems of the same type. They don’t have to match every move – instead they can freely rotate gems anywhere on the board, allowing increased strategic freedom to plan combinations, cascades and chains of various matches. With its phenomenal production values, Bejeweled Twist bedazzles players with a wealth of new power-ups and obstacles. New gem types include Flame, Lightning and Fruit gems that produce fiery explosions and other powerful effects; and new obstacles such as Bomb and Locked gems as well as Coal will challenge players as never before. Additionally, a host of new game modes offer vastly different ways to experience Bejeweled Twist.

Bejeweled Twist for DSiWare features the addicting gameplay of Classic and Multiplayer modes, offering infinite replayability. Bejeweled Twist DS is a full-featured version containing even more gameplay action, including three additional game modes: Zen (for a quick stress-busting experience), Blitz (for past-paced action to challenge even the most hardcore players) and Challenge (featuring infinite action and multiple levels of difficulty). This is the first time that Bejeweled Twist has been ported to any video game console.

About PopCap

PopCap Games ( www.popcap.com) is the leading multi-platform provider of “casual games” — fun, easy-to-learn, irresistible computer games that appeal to everyone from age 6 to 106. Based in Seattle, Washington, PopCap was founded in 2000 and has a worldwide staff of over 230 people in Seattle, San Francisco, Chicago, Vancouver, B.C., Dublin, and Shanghai. Its timeless games have been downloaded more than 1 billion times by consumers worldwide, and its flagship title, BejeweledŽ, has sold more than 25 million units across all platforms. Constantly acclaimed by consumers and critics, PopCap’s games are played on the Web, desktop computers, myriad mobile devices (cell phones, smartphones, PDAs, Pocket PCs, iPod, iPhone and more), popular game consoles (such as Xbox 360 and Nintendo DS), and in-flight entertainment systems. PopCap is the only casual games developer with leading market share across all major sales channels, including Web portals, retail stores, consoles, mobile phones and MP3 players.
I guess this means Bookworm is up for next Monday? I'll probably grab it.

Bookworm Adventures would have been a better choice though.

I wonder if it'll be on the retail release? Hmm..
Old 09-21-09, 05:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Bookworm is great and I wouldn't mind that one for DSi. I've never tried Bejeweled Twist though. Kind of forgot about it when it came out on PC.
Old 09-21-09, 06:31 PM

So the question becomes : Do you buy the (presumably) cheaper and more convenient DSiWare versions or the (presumably) more advanced DS versions?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.