DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/530071-official-nintendo-ds-thread-viii-65-million-strong-growing.html)

daniel18 01-10-09 10:45 AM

Re: Official Nintendo DS Thread VIII: 65 Million Strong.. and Growing

Originally Posted by Chris_D (Post 9182595)
I'm waiting for the next "Hotel Dusk", or next "Lunar Knights". Castlevania looked good but it seems a waste of money in my case because I never finished PoR. Otherwise Dragon Quest 9, but only if I see evidence that the story and characters are more evolved than what was in DQ8. Apart from that, I don't see much coming. The PSP has a better chance of me buying something if they localise any original, high quality JRPGs, because I don't see that kind of game coming to the appstore in the short term. Still haven't quite finished Crisis Core but thought that was great.

Having said that, I just tried Squares new game on the ipod and thought it sucked balls.

Order of Ecclesia is much better than Portrait of Ruin.

Superboy 01-11-09 06:14 PM

I didn't think PoR was that bad... It just felt very strange at moments.

Superboy 01-11-09 06:23 PM

Wow, I regret staying out of the DS loop for so long. I just found out Kirby Canvas Curse is going for a ridiculous amount of money! I really should have bought a new DS right away...

PixyJunket 01-12-09 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by Superboy (Post 9190724)
Wow, I regret staying out of the DS loop for so long. I just found out Kirby Canvas Curse is going for a ridiculous amount of money! I really should have bought a new DS right away...

That sucks, Kirby Canvas Curse is one of the great games of the system.

darkside 01-12-09 08:42 AM

No idea why Nintendo lets games like this, Wario Ware Touch and Tetris DS go out of print. There is a demand for them. Release them as $20 greatest hits titles and rake in the cash.

LorenzoL 01-12-09 04:34 PM

Is Tetris DS really out of print? I have seen them in stock this weekend in places such as Best Buy, Wal-Mart and Future Shop here in Canada.

shumway 01-12-09 04:38 PM

Amazon only shows used copies for sale. Maybe there is a re-print in Canada or some were lost in a wherehouse somewhere and just found.

LorenzoL 01-12-09 04:43 PM

They are selling it for $39.99 so maybe that's the reason why they are still in stock here :lol:

Jeremy517 01-12-09 04:49 PM

Clubhouse Games was OOP and semi-rare for a while, and it was eventually reprinted. I think we'll see most of these first-party titles reprinted eventually.

Superboy 01-12-09 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by LorenzoL (Post 9193049)
They are selling it for $39.99 so maybe that's the reason why they are still in stock here :lol:

Canadian stores usually have "rare" games in stock because they never liquidate them.

Superboy 01-12-09 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket (Post 9191794)
That sucks, Kirby Canvas Curse is one of the great games of the system.

Yeah, I got it this past weekend at Game Rush for $15 :)

Great game, i'm sorry I missed it the first time.

Superboy 01-12-09 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by darkside (Post 9191843)
No idea why Nintendo lets games like this, Wario Ware Touch and Tetris DS go out of print. There is a demand for them. Release them as $20 greatest hits titles and rake in the cash.

Yeah, those are two of the great games for the system. I don't know why they let Tetris DS go out of print either. That game fucking rules.

Chris_D 01-12-09 09:58 PM

They could re-release them for $40 and still sell.

If you're dropping by Tokyo you can get used copies for $25-35 (still pretty high).

slop101 01-12-09 10:35 PM

Be careful when buying these OOP games on ebay - they actually make bootleg DS cartridges.

edstein 01-13-09 08:55 AM

My red and black DS is a little over a year old now and it is only reading DS cart games about 90% of the time. I have to constantly turn it off and on and it will eventually work. This happens on all of the games I have. What are my options for either getting it repaired or selling it?

Baron Of Hell 01-13-09 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by edstein (Post 9194299)
My red and black DS is a little over a year old now and it is only reading DS cart games about 90% of the time. I have to constantly turn it off and on and it will eventually work. This happens on all of the games I have. What are my options for either getting it repaired or selling it?

Did you try playing games while the power plug is in? If it works then your battery is probably going bad.

edstein 01-13-09 05:29 PM

That's a good idea, I'll try that.

Superboy 01-13-09 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by edstein (Post 9194299)

Mine does the same. You just have to make sure the cart and the slot are clean. After a good cleaning they're back to normal.

edstein 01-13-09 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Superboy (Post 9196171)
Mine does the same. You just have to make sure the cart and the slot are clean. After a good cleaning they're back to normal.

How do you clean it? I tried pluging it into a charger but that didn't seem to help.

darkside 01-14-09 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by edstein (Post 9196454)
How do you clean it? I tried pluging it into a charger but that didn't seem to help.

I use the old fashioned Qtip dipped in alcohol and run it along the contacts.

PixyJunket 01-14-09 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by darkside (Post 9198255)
I use the old fashioned Qtip dipped in alcohol and run it along the contacts.

Make sure it's 90% or above otherwise you'll get too much water on the components.

edstein 01-14-09 05:06 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket (Post 9198361)
Make sure it's 90% or above otherwise you'll get too much water on the components.

Would 150 proof rum work?

CreatureX 01-20-09 02:20 AM

'Big Bang Mini' Rocks!

There is a demo up on the U.S. Nintendo channel called 'Big Bang Mini'. Wow, talk about your addicitve gameplay!

'Big Bang Mini' a touch shmup where you launch fireworks as your weapons. The stylus controls both your ships movement and the launching of fireworks. The game also features some amazing graphics and music.

Barely one month into the new year and I've already found a contender for my DS '09 GOTY! :D

PixyJunket 01-20-09 07:12 AM

The Big Bang Mini demo was very awesome EXCEPT it took about half of an idea my I had of creating a DS game with a friend (and some friends from school in the game development program). It is awesome to see that it works so well, I guess and thankfully it only nabbed half of what I was designing around.

PixyJunket 01-20-09 07:42 AM

My FAVORITE (as in beat it about ten times) original GameBoy game is getting a DS remake!

Final Fantasy legend II (aka SaGa 2).

http://www.square-enix.co.jp/saga2/

Oh, the title screen music, it sounds so awesome.