Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone own more than one 360?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-08, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone own more than one 360?

I am thinking of getting another 360 in my home...

How does this work with:

1. Your Xbox Live account? Can I use the same account on more than one 360?

2. Windows Media Center? I assume I can have 2 360s connect to my TV to view content?

3. Save Games? I assume I can copy my Saves from my 360 HD to a memory card and then transport them between the 2 360s?
Old 04-18-08, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 183 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by gr8vette
I am thinking of getting another 360 in my home...

3. Save Games? I assume I can copy my Saves from my 360 HD to a memory card and then transport them between the 2 360s?
Can't help you with 1 and 2, but not all games support transfer to the memory card (e.g. Viva Pinata-you can start a new save on the memory card, but you can't move a save from your HD to the memory card). So you may get a HD transfer cable to move ALL your saves, which also means having to do that every time you progress in a game that does not support the card.

Last edited by SmackDaddy; 04-18-08 at 01:25 PM.
Old 04-18-08, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by gr8vette
1. Your Xbox Live account? Can I use the same account on more than one 360?
If you don't have a mem card, you'll have to recover your gamertag each time you use it on a different box. If you have a memory card, keep your account on it, and transfer the mem card between the two 360's. I only have one 360, but I keep my gamertag on my mem card. When I go over to a friend's house, I just take the card with me.
Old 04-18-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I have three I don't see why you'd need an hd transfer cable. just move the hard drive whenyoure going to use a different 360. also aren't those transfer things like one time use only? I have 1 elite and 2 regulars with no hard drive and 1 256 memory card. I keep my gamertag on the memory card just move that when I want to go online. I keep the game saves on there too for games im currently playing its easier. the only pain is arcade games since they're larger you usually need to swap the hard drive but seriously all you have to do is pop it out and then pop it in the other one its not like its internal.

and yes for number 3 it works fine for the music and media files.
Old 04-18-08, 04:05 PM
Banned

I have a 360 on each television and do the same things mentioned, GamerTag on a memory card, swap hard drives.
Old 04-21-08, 09:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

It's way more of a PITA than it should be, but if you use a memory card it's not so bad.

The DRM is still a huge issue though. You shouldn't have to buy 2 copies of things just to have them work fully on both consoles.