Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Official Xbox 360 Thread - Part IIIIIIIIIII

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-08, 06:16 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, I think around August or September - they were actually going to release it earlier, but they opted to get the fuck out of GTA's way and release it later.
I really enjoyed (and still play often) the first Saints Row, so I can't wait for the sequel.
Old 04-11-08, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Shagrath
You wouldn't need the summaries if people would keep up and read every post in a thread they're interested in.

Sometimes I even have to back a page or two in a thread to get to where I left off. The horrors! Hell, I've gotten to a thread late on over forums and read 50-100 pages of catchup so that I had all the information and didn't repost something that someone had already said.
So I'm not the only one without a life? Good.
Old 04-12-08, 11:25 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Anyone play Dark Messiah of Might and Magic? $19 at Deep Discount today.
Old 04-12-08, 11:27 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 678 Likes on 454 Posts
Nevermind, just checked the reviews at Game Rankings. Looks like it will be in the $5-10 bin in no time.
Old 04-12-08, 11:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,077 Likes on 652 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
The Netflix reference is because supposedly they're in negotiations to bring the watch it now service to XBL.
In the words of NJ...That would be mother-truckin' awesome!!!
Old 04-13-08, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Nevermind, just checked the reviews at Game Rankings. Looks like it will be in the $5-10 bin in no time.
I played the demo for about 5-10 mins before deleting it and would recommend anyone else do the same. It may not even be worth the effort of unwrapping the disc and putting it in your 360 let alone any $ you have to spend to get it.
Old 04-13-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got Culdcept Saga and Lost Odyssey on the Cheap the past few weeks, so far so good on both.
Old 04-13-08, 04:41 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where did ya get lost odyssey on the cheap? (and if you get into culdcept saga hit me up for some online play)
Old 04-13-08, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

YourFree360Games
Old 04-13-08, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did that once for DDR Universe and used two of the easy offers (Blockbuster and Stamps.com). To get two games did you start using some of the offers where you had to pay?
Old 04-13-08, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by xmiyux
I did that once for DDR Universe and used two of the easy offers (Blockbuster and Stamps.com). To get two games did you start using some of the offers where you had to pay?
I've done it three times, to get GHII, GHIII, and the Rock Band drums. The second time, I did two offers where I had to pay $1 (At Home Rewards and Simply You). The third time, I did two of the book clubs, but didn't mind paying since my daughter can get use out of the Disney books and the Care Bears stuff.

Even if you do a few offers that you have to pay for, with most of them, you still come out way ahead. There are a few that would that would cost too much to make it worth it, and a few that I won't trust (Hoodia garbage, etc), but in general, it still works great. Just be sure to cancel your trial offers
Old 04-13-08, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I've done them a handful of times. Got three GHIII combos at n/c, along with Burnout Paradise and Assassin's Creed. I have one credit still sitting there, haven't done one in a while but GH: Aerosmith is a prime contender for the next one. Don't really need another guitar but that faceplate is too cool, not to mention $60 for the game is high if you ask me. GH: A is screaming out FREE.

L&O, this discussion is kosher, right? Provided no one posts any referral links?
Old 04-14-08, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

For those of you with 2 360s: How big a deal is it for you to "roam" between two consoles? I'm not concerned about accessing DLC from both consoles, just mainly logging in with my gamertag in a different room if there is a TV viewing conflict.
Old 04-14-08, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
As long as you log in with the tag that made the purchase, you'll have no issue.
Old 04-14-08, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Nosmo Rex
For those of you with 2 360s: How big a deal is it for you to "roam" between two consoles? I'm not concerned about accessing DLC from both consoles, just mainly logging in with my gamertag in a different room if there is a TV viewing conflict.
I keep my gamertag in a memory card, so it's not a big deal at all for me.
Old 04-14-08, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts
Looking to get an XBOX this week.....any opinions on whether I should go Pro or Elite would be helpful :P
Old 04-14-08, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Quack
Looking to get an XBOX this week.....any opinions on whether I should go Pro or Elite would be helpful :P
Pro unless you like paying $100 for a black coat of paint *cough* Macbooks *cough*.
Old 04-14-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
Not so quick Pixy, it all comes down to color preference and hard drive size. If you plan on d/l a ton of stuff get the Elite, if not get the Pro.

I've had a system since launch (20gb) and download a ton of arcade games, map packs, Rock Band/GH songs and have 2-3 demos on the hard drive at a time and rarely dip below the 5gb remaining mark. As long as you are on top of deleting stuff you don't need (old demos, map packs) then a 20gb should suffice. If you are lazy and or want to keep demos around for ages then the Elite may be a better choice.

It should be noted that anything you download and delete can be redownloaded later at no charge. Also rarely any DLC of substance (demos) are removed. They are always available for free.
Old 04-14-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,498 Posts
Originally Posted by alxreys
This is essential, because otherwise you'll have to recover your gamertag on each machine when you switch, and that can take a LOOOONG time if your profile is big (I'm not sure what exactly it has to download, but I know that it took a while for my profile, and took only seconds for my friend's who basically has only played Halo 3).
Old 04-14-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, my profile is 3MB. My buddy's is 11MB.

It's all about number of games played, number of achievements earned, download history, etc.

All of that info is embedded in the profile.

Even at 3MB, mine took too long to recover for how often I was playing at a friend's house, so I bought a memory card. Best decision I've had on the 360 in a while.
Old 04-14-08, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I think if I was buying a new 360 right now, i'd get the Elite based on the color and the larger hard drive. That's after I downloaded Ninja Gaiden Black that's taking up 6GB on my hard drive
Old 04-14-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

6GB? Holy crap
Old 04-14-08, 05:54 PM

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04...media-details/

Xbox.com adds U.S. XBVM media details
Posted Apr 14th 2008 4:00PM by Dustin Burg

Wow, this came out of nowhere. U.S. Xbox.com users will notice a newly revamped Video Marketplace section and no, it isn't just a new coat of paint. It's a complete re-construction of Xbox.com's XBVM section that actually makes it useful. W00t!

We advise jumping right in, so point your browser to Xbox.com's XBVM area and prepare to be amazed. You can now browse the entire list of movie rentals that are available, search by title, download rank, rating or just for movies that are available in HD. Once you find a movie, you'll now be able to read its synopsis, run time, file size, pricing and more. But that's not it. All that functionality is available for television content as well with the added bonus of browsing each show and each season. They even added a coming attractions section to preview upcoming XBVM content. The amount of information available is amazing! It's also a nice compliment to our Video Marketplace Weekly feature. A big high five goes out to Microsoft for getting this up and running.
Seems like this is long overdue.

Chris
Old 04-14-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by alxreys
+1 easiest way to do it.
Old 04-15-08, 05:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Not so quick Pixy, it all comes down to color preference and hard drive size. If you plan on d/l a ton of stuff get the Elite, if not get the Pro.

I've had a system since launch (20gb) and download a ton of arcade games, map packs, Rock Band/GH songs and have 2-3 demos on the hard drive at a time and rarely dip below the 5gb remaining mark. As long as you are on top of deleting stuff you don't need (old demos, map packs) then a 20gb should suffice. If you are lazy and or want to keep demos around for ages then the Elite may be a better choice.

It should be noted that anything you download and delete can be redownloaded later at no charge. Also rarely any DLC of substance (demos) are removed. They are always available for free.
I agree. Now that R6V2 has come out, I'll probably delete the 2 map packs for R6V1 which were about a gig a piece, and I can always redownload later if I want. I wonder how that will work with their next console...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.