Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 5

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 5

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-08, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I tried Highway Star again today...79 & 80% I get screwed in that crazy back & forth stuff right at the very end of the solo...frustrating. I even practiced it a couple times to no avail.

Also...Last Train to Clarksville is a motherfucker on expert.
Old 03-14-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thrash Pack next week:

Next week for DLC we have the much awaited Earache Thrash Pack. All tracks are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the pack.

"Blinded By Fear" by At the Gates (master)

"Thrasher" by Evile (master)

"D.O.A." by The Haunted (master)
Old 03-14-08, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THRASH PACK!!!!

Next week for DLC we have the much awaited Earache Thrash Pack. All tracks are $1.99 (160 Microsoft Points) or $5.49 (440 Microsoft Points) for the pack.

"Blinded By Fear" by At the Gates (master)

"Thrasher" by Evile (master)

"D.O.A." by The Haunted (master)
Finally!!!

Thrash Pack!!!!!!!!
Old 03-14-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Week off for me. Hope you thrashers enjoy, though.
Old 03-14-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by pinata242
Week off for me. Hope you thrashers enjoy, though.
Ditto.
Old 03-14-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

OK - I know a lot of you guys are having the hate for the Serj track. But I'll be goddamned that's a fun drum track. and I think there's only 1 drummer on my friends list who's played it. I'll paypal $1 to three people who are playing drums so they can go buy this track. Seriously - it's a blast to play and I haven't even hit 5 stars on it yet.

*edit - you MUST be on my friends list and purchase the song first. My $1 is a rebate of sorts

Last edited by Liver&Onions; 03-14-08 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-14-08, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I tried the Serj song on vocals yesterday, and it was pretty awesome. It's something I need to improve on, but I think I can nail it without too much trouble. Guitar and bass are insanely easy, and I heard the drums are fun. I'm not much of a drummer, as I haven't invested enough time yet though.
Old 03-14-08, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I love the Serj track. The drums are fun on Hard and Expert, and the song itself is growing on me the more I hear it.
Old 03-14-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by UncleGramps
I love the Serj track. The drums are fun on Hard and Expert, and the song itself is growing on me the more I hear it.
I haven't tried it on expert - I want to nail it in Hard first Actually- I just want to beat your score
Old 03-14-08, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Week off for me.
Old 03-14-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Just realized that The Haunted's track has been changed from Shadow World to D.O.A.. Both songs are good, but it's probably better that they didn't go with Shadow World. There's several F-Bombs in there, and it always sounds awkward when there's just silence in the gap. Shockwave is also a victim of the edits that sounds really weird.
Old 03-14-08, 02:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
OK - I know a lot of you guys are having the hate for the Serj track. But I'll be goddamned that's a fun drum track. and I think there's only 1 drummer on my friends list who's played it. I'll paypal $1 to three people who are playing drums so they can go buy this track. Seriously - it's a blast to play and I haven't even hit 5 stars on it yet.

*edit - you MUST be on my friends list and purchase the song first. My $1 is a rebate of sorts
I dl'd it and promptly deleted it (I don't want it showing up in BWT just yet), but I'll dl it again.

I just bought those neoprene pads to stick on the drums and I must say I love that they not only reduce noise, but they also improve the stick response.
Old 03-14-08, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't bought a song since Wonderwall
Old 03-14-08, 02:31 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
I dl'd it and promptly deleted it (I don't want it showing up in BWT just yet), but I'll dl it again.

I just bought those neoprene pads to stick on the drums and I must say I love that they not only reduce noise, but they also improve the stick response.
Where'd you get them?
Old 03-14-08, 02:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Where'd you get them?
I got them off eBay... put them on last night and worked like a charm with better than expected results. about 70% quieter and much more response from the stick hitting the pad... the neoprene gives a bounce back like a real drum (similar to hitting a v-drum.)
Old 03-14-08, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm so disappointed that I had just assumed that DOA was going to be the Foo Fighters. Every part of that song would have been fun, and I've been so pumped to get it.
Old 03-14-08, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I helped host a Rock Band competition yesterday as part of a fundraiser for one of our employees who's going through some problems with cancer. We had about 25 bands enter, and had a couple of cool prizes to give away. We had a total of 6 prizes (best technical band, best artistic band, and technical best for each individual instrument). The winning bands will be getting a vinyl banner with their band name, the two guitarists get one of a kind custom Les Paul faceplates my wife made, and then the other two people get a Wii game each that was donated to us.

The only bad thing that happened was my buddy's drums broke. They still work fine, but there's a hole in his red pad. Anyone sent a real "broken" kit back to EA yet?
Old 03-14-08, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I'd be happy to be on a fellow drummer's friend list, but for some reason those vox make me want to claw my ears out. I really wanted to like it, seriously. I've got nothing against the guy, don't even know much about him. Just going by what I heard on the preview clips.

VERY excited about the Thrash Pack though.....wooooooot!!!!!!
Old 03-14-08, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Shagrath
I helped host a Rock Band competition yesterday as part of a fundraiser for one of our employees who's going through some problems with cancer. We had about 25 bands enter, and had a couple of cool prizes to give away. We had a total of 6 prizes (best technical band, best artistic band, and technical best for each individual instrument). The winning bands will be getting a vinyl banner with their band name, the two guitarists get one of a kind custom Les Paul faceplates my wife made, and then the other two people get a Wii game each that was donated to us.

The only bad thing that happened was my buddy's drums broke. They still work fine, but there's a hole in his red pad. Anyone sent a real "broken" kit back to EA yet?
That is really cool!! You should post about it on rockband.com I'm sure the Harmonix people would be happy to hear about that.
Old 03-14-08, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by porieux
That is really cool!! You should post about it on rockband.com I'm sure the Harmonix people would be happy to hear about that.
I actually have been in contact with HMXSean because they were going to sponsor it, but everything we do here at school is kind of rushed, so we didn't have time to get things solidified with Harmonix.

I'm going to email him this weekend or early next week and let him know how it went, and maybe see if I can get something small for Matt (who the fundraiser was for). Maybe a signed shirt or something like that.
Old 03-14-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd be happy to be on a fellow drummer's friend list, but for some reason those vox make me want to claw my ears out. I really wanted to like it, seriously. I've got nothing against the guy, don't even know much about him. Just going by what I heard on the preview clips.

VERY excited about the Thrash Pack though.....wooooooot!!!!!!
NO DOLLAR FOR YOU!
Old 03-14-08, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Originally Posted by devilshalo
from where?
Old 03-14-08, 02:56 PM

NO DOLLAR FOR YOU!
That's ok I already have one
Old 03-14-08, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Home of the 2009 Stanley Cup & Vince Lombardi trophy!!!
Another week of no DLC for me probably. I did pick up a couple Grateful Dead songs, even though I hate their music, but this week and next are definitely not for me. Bring on the Bad Company & Skynyrd!!
Old 03-14-08, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's ok I already have one
I'm just trying to encourage people to take a chance on the song - as it's fun as hell!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.