Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Gran Turismo 5 / GT5 Prologue - Official Thread

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Will you get GT5 Prologue?
Yes
40.35%
No, I'll wait for the full GT5
38.60%
I don't like Gran Turismo/racing sims.
21.05%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Gran Turismo 5 / GT5 Prologue - Official Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-10, 03:26 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Gran Turismo 5 / GT5 Prologue - Official Thread

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYuh_Oxh1BQ&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KYuh_Oxh1BQ&rel=0&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>
Old 12-04-10, 03:45 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

, that car is crazy! They should build a real life one, I just don't know if a real driver would be able to stand the g-load in the corners!

Has anyone bought the '70 Dodge Challenger RT? I bought the premium one for the classic muscle car race, and the thing gets up to about 110 then bangs of the rev-limiter at the top of 4th. It seems like it needs another gear, but doesn't have one. Is this just realistic for this car? I'm thinking I should have bought something else.

About the FFB with the DFGT... it seems to depend on what car you drive. There are some cars where I don't feel anything driving on the rumble strips, and some that I do... I think it may have to do with the weight of the car? It seems like the lighter cars are where I feel it more.
Old 12-04-10, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I bought the '70 Challenger as well, and found the same thing. I had to buy the better transmission so I could tune the gears.
Old 12-04-10, 07:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by bdshort
Has anyone bought the '70 Dodge Challenger RT? I bought the premium one for the classic muscle car race...
Did you win that race? If you do, you win the

Spoiler:
Buick Special '62

That car is SICK! I got it up to 198MPH with zero modifications on that French track with the long straightaways. It was one of my favorite cars from GT4, I was so happy that it carried over into this game.
Old 12-04-10, 03:53 PM

No, I haven't done that race yet. Need to upgrade the car first. I did finally get past the Top Gear Lotus challenge, with a silver anyway!
Old 12-04-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I think I put around 700hp into the '70 Challenger, damn near uncontrollable to drive without some of the driving assists cranked up, .
Old 12-04-10, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I used to own a '72 Dodge Challenger, but I wrecked it. My family never let me live it down. Amazing, beautiful car.

On topic of the game, we're really having fun with it in my house.
Old 12-05-10, 04:37 PM

I discovered it was one of the cars you could apply Racing Mods to, so I just did that. Expensive but you get a much better car out of it with a new livery. Won the race easily.
Old 12-08-10, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uL4acUz4nJw?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uL4acUz4nJw?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-08-10, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ugh I hate the license tests and special events that automatically DQ you for bumping the other cars or going off the track. I past all of the IC license tests but keep failing the final one because invariably I bump someone. Same thing with the second Top Gear challenge.

Interesting tip though, for the second Top Gear challenge, but default I couldn't turn ASM on in the driving options screen but I was able to turn it on once the race started by using the Real Time Adjustment wheel on the Driving Force GT. Not sure if anyone else noticed you could do that yet.
Old 12-08-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Cardiff Giant11
Interesting tip though, for the second Top Gear challenge, but default I couldn't turn ASM on in the driving options screen but I was able to turn it on once the race started by using the Real Time Adjustment wheel on the Driving Force GT. Not sure if anyone else noticed you could do that yet.
Yeah, I heard about that. And I thought you weren't able to map those adjustments to the controller, but maybe the new patch changed that?
Old 12-08-10, 05:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Drexl
Yeah, I heard about that. And I thought you weren't able to map those adjustments to the controller, but maybe the new patch changed that?
I think it's just because I'm using a Driving Force GT. I don't think you can map those adjustments to any other wheel or controller.
Old 12-10-10, 01:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Gran Turismo® Series Sales Exceed 60 Million Units Worldwide
Over 5.5 Million Units of Gran Turismo®5 Sold Worldwide 12 Days After Release

http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/181103#ixzz17gyEBIbW
Old 12-10-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hero

It's my favorite game of the year. I can easily see myself putting 200+ hours into this one like I did GT3. I also think it's the best of the series. BTW, the Amazon Mercedes Stealth car is so overpowered for the beginning stages of the game it's a bit insane .
Old 12-11-10, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Some Forza fanboy video tries to show how the GT5 AI sucks and some reviewers fall for it and write it up in their reviews of the game.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ox70Ho9_jX4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ox70Ho9_jX4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

This is what actually happened:

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/r_HJSJLL8_I?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/r_HJSJLL8_I?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Old 12-14-10, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Someone figured out how to improve the loading speed of GT5 - use a SSD hard drive.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/shZWyhsJmBc?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/shZWyhsJmBc?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 12-16-10, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Anyone have the Logitech Driving Force GT? I been thinking of getting the wheel when I get Gran Turismo 5. How is the Wheel? It seems really noisy from videos and one review mentioned a large deadzone in the steering wheel, where its not very tight or accurate. This true?
Old 12-16-10, 06:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I haven't noticed any sort of bad deadzone with the wheel, same goes for the pedals. In fact, there was so little deadzone with the brake pedal, it would brake even when I wasn't pushing the pedal. I fixed it by taking apart the pedals and putting it back together.

In GT5 I think the Force Feedback is decent, but not great. It's way better in Dirt 2. Driving with it is way better than using the controller though, and after only using it for a race or two I was already better with than the controller. It is kind of noisy, but I just turn up the volume to hide it.

It's well worth the $100 IMHO, I just wish it worked with the Xbox, since I have a feeling I'll get bored of GT5 quicker than Forza, and Forza 4 will be out next Fall.
Old 12-16-10, 08:15 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Although I think this game is good, I have to say I'm VERY disappointed with the course selection... or lack thereof. I know there's supposed to be 25 or so different courses (not counting the reverse layouts, weather changes, etc), but I'm up to the expert series of race events and it seems to me I'm just racing the same 4 or 5 courses over and over and over again. They even removed a few courses that were in the previous games (the seattle ciurcuit, and el capitan). Seems like a step back after waiting 5 years. Not sure what took so long because there really isn't anything groundbreaking in this one that wasn't already in the previous games. Or maybe I'm just missing something.
Old 12-20-10, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Game just got a HELL of a patch .
Old 12-20-10, 01:46 PM

That's one hell of a patch! Can't wait to get home and test it out.
Old 12-20-10, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So what the hell is an "Online Dealership"? Why must everything in GT be so damn confusing?!
Old 12-20-10, 01:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
So what the hell is an "Online Dealership"? Why must everything in GT be so damn confusing?!
Right now, it seems to be a selection of cars that are popular (mostly Nissan GT-R's) and harder to find models needed to complete certain events (like the truck racing series).

It sounds more impressive than it is. And the models don't change after you've raced a series or two.

The improved awards are nice. I'm getting around a 25-30 percent boost in winnings from events.
Old 12-20-10, 02:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is it too much to ask to just have the non-premium cars (that shouldn't exist anyway) in the same sort of dealership layout as the premium cars? Stupid dev's.
Old 12-20-10, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by flashburn
Is it too much to ask to just have the non-premium cars (that shouldn't exist anyway) in the same sort of dealership layout as the premium cars? Stupid dev's.
No kidding. I think they could easily leave the same format and layout as the current used car dealership, but make it so that you can purchase any standard car at any time. That should be a quicker fix than trying to replicate the premium car layout.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.