Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Lost: Via Domus (aka Lost: The Video Game)

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 02-21-08, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone looking forward to this? You play as a photojournalist with amnesia on the island as you slowly rediscover your memory. Apparently the flashbacks aren't cutscenes, but sections you play through. And you get to visit all the sites on the island, which is what I'm most interested in.

http://lostgame.us.ubi.com/
Old 02-21-08, 01:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Video Games as Art: Arguments Against.

Old 02-21-08, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
I would love for this game to be good. But we all know how most video games based on TV shows/movies end up.
Old 02-21-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm going to wait until I read some reviews. If it is good then I will pick it up.
Old 02-21-08, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'll play it whether it's good or bad because of my Lost obsession, but will wait until it's cheaper if the reviews are bad.

Read a preview a while back and the thing that was most annoying is very few of the cast members provided their voices, so it doesn't sound very "real" a lot of times.
Old 02-21-08, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I read a preview of it that sounded pretty good. I have a $50 Amazon certificate, so I'm going to take a chance on it for 9.99.
Old 02-21-08, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I'm hoping it is great but figure it won't be. I'm bummed that all the voices aren't the real cast. It'll be a rental I look forward to playing but that's about it.
Old 02-21-08, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I am more than excited for this thanks to my Lost obsession. So if we don't get a review copy (and I don't get assigned it) - I'll be splurging on it.
Old 02-21-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Being a huge Lost fan, ill be picking this up for sure.
Old 02-21-08, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 88 Likes on 62 Posts
I haven't been this excited about a new game since 24 - The Game was released
Spoiler:
and we all know how that turned out, so I'll be waiting on some reviews first
Old 02-21-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Didn't realize this was coming out so soon. Hope the reviews are good.
Old 02-21-08, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I want to explore the Hatch and see for myself what is behind the concrete wall.
Old 02-22-08, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just read in one of the Lost threads in the TV section that the game is not considered as part of the canon by the creators. I have to say that dampens my enthusiasm for the game.
Old 02-22-08, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
I just read in one of the Lost threads in the TV section that the game is not considered as part of the canon by the creators. I have to say that dampens my enthusiasm for the game.
They really seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouths on this one. For the longest time they've said that the video game is designed for fans to have a first hand experience on the island and delve into an alternate storyline where you're interacting with the actual characters and learning more about the island.

But if it's not canon, what the hell is it? Does what you interact with actually relate to anything on the show or is it just a completely alternate storyline that stands alone? Ugh. I was excited until I read that, now I'm going to have to find a good review from a long-time Lost fan before I figure out if I'll pick it up.
Old 02-22-08, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by BravesMG
They really seem to be talking out of both sides of their mouths on this one. For the longest time they've said that the video game is designed for fans to have a first hand experience on the island and delve into an alternate storyline where you're interacting with the actual characters and learning more about the island.
That's always what I've heard. I'm curious where this 'non-canon' bit came from. I've been Tivo-ing this season and haven't kept up with the threads since I haven't watched them yet.
Old 02-22-08, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From this week's episode thread:

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
interesting - they outline what is and what isn't canon with regards to the series.

Spoiler:

CUSE: The mobisodes are in canon. The Orchid video is in canon. The videogame is not in canon. It's unfair for the audience to go to ancillary sources in order to really understand the show. Even the things like the mobisodes, which are in canon, aren't essential to your understanding of the show. These things are just added bonuses.
Old 02-22-08, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So, are they defining "canon" as only information relevant to the story being told on the TV show, and not everything within the universe of Lost?
Old 02-22-08, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SunMonkey
So, are they defining "canon" as only information relevant to the story being told on the TV show, and not everything within the universe of Lost?
No, I think they are saying what you learn from the game doesn't carry over to the show.
Old 02-22-08, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

yeah - that sucks it's not canon - but since they had something to do with the game I'm thinking it will explain some things, but nothing dramatic will come of the story that will alter anything we know about the show. Also, I guess this way we shouldn't expect the cast on the show to say something like "Oh snap, remember that dude who had amnesia - he did this blah blah..." that might be all they mean by it not being canon.
Old 02-22-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
That's always what I've heard. I'm curious where this 'non-canon' bit came from. I've been Tivo-ing this season and haven't kept up with the threads since I haven't watched them yet.
Damn, you have more patience than me. I'd love to pile them up to watch in longer sessions. Your patience will be rewarded, great season so far.
Old 02-22-08, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Damn, you have more patience than me. I'd love to pile them up to watch in longer sessions. Your patience will be rewarded, great season so far.
It's been tough since I've stayed caught up since it premiered.

I picked up season three on BD a week before the S4 premier so I've been going through that instead. As of last night all I have left is the finale. Unfortunately my wife works all weekend so we won't get to finish up for a few days.

I'm looking forward to it though.
Old 02-22-08, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If "canon" just means that you don't learn anything I don't mind. But I like to think that characters, places are the same as in the show.

I'd really like to talk to Jacob.
Old 02-23-08, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
It's been tough since I've stayed caught up since it premiered.

I picked up season three on BD a week before the S4 premier so I've been going through that instead. As of last night all I have left is the finale. Unfortunately my wife works all weekend so we won't get to finish up for a few days.

I'm looking forward to it though.
you are in for a treat. hope i don't build it up too much so you will be disappointed, but the season 3 two hour finale was the best 2 hours of television i have ever watched !!!!!!!
Old 02-23-08, 01:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Well the non-canon info plus no voice acting from the real cast were enough for me to cancel my preorder.
Old 02-23-08, 08:48 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I want to rent this next week, but I've only watched Season 1 and half of Season 2, so I doubt it'd be a good idea. I'll have to watch Seasons 2/3 before I rent this, I guess. Does anyone even know which seasons it covers?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.