Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

official PS3 thread x.2

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-08, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Metal Gear Online Beta is now up for download, at least in the US.
Old 04-17-08, 12:51 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Awesome! Downloading now.
Old 04-17-08, 01:34 AM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts
Originally Posted by atxbomber
I guess this is only for people that preordered? I don't see anything about it on the PSN Store.
Old 04-17-08, 02:45 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
Awesome! Downloading now.
Hope yours downloads faster then mine (8 hours!).

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
I guess this is only for people that preordered? I don't see anything about it on the PSN Store.
Yeah, you get a code in with the Metal Gear Saga DVD for preordering MGS4, and use it to download the Beta from the Account Management section of the XMB.
Old 04-17-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: (formerly known as Inglenook Hampendick) Fairbanks, Alaska!
Received 508 Likes on 352 Posts
Aw man, I finally put in Burnout Paradise. 3 hours later my wife is tapping me on the shoulder...

Old 04-17-08, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AGuyNamedMike
Aw man, I finally put in Burnout Paradise. 3 hours later my wife is tapping me on the shoulder...

To see if you wanted another beer or something?
Old 04-17-08, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
How do you connect the new Dualshock 3 controller to the PS3?

I've got the controller plugged into the usb cord and hooked up to the PS3 but nothing is happening? It's been scanning for like 25 minuters now. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys for any help you can give me.
Old 04-17-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Make sure you go ahead and launch it once your done there is already a 1.01 update file that takes quite a while to download.
Old 04-17-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,178 Likes on 4,207 Posts
Originally Posted by Sonny Corinthos
How do you connect the new Dualshock 3 controller to the PS3?

I've got the controller plugged into the usb cord and hooked up to the PS3 but nothing is happening? It's been scanning for like 25 minuters now. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks guys for any help you can give me.
That should be it. Just connect it to the PS3 via the USB cord. Maybe press the PS button in the center. That's all I do.
Old 04-17-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 218 Likes on 165 Posts
Originally Posted by Decker
That should be it. Just connect it to the PS3 via the USB cord. Maybe press the PS button in the center. That's all I do.
Thank you so much for your help. That did the trick. Thanks again.
Old 04-17-08, 11:31 AM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Hope yours downloads faster then mine (8 hours!).
Took about two hours. The servers must have been getting slammed.

Anyone else not able to connect to the network? I've been trying for a while with no success. And it's not giving me a message to update or anything, either.
Old 04-17-08, 12:50 PM

So, this Metal Gear beta code thing is a joke. I finally turn on my Ps3 after 4 months to try this out and my code is 3 letters short. Luckily I took 2 from work, pop open the second one...same thing. I call my store and my employee had already opened our remaining 11 beta dvd's....1 had a full working code. YAY! Konami, way to screw potentially thousands of people who reserved your game over with a partial code and no way to fix it
Old 04-17-08, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Edison
Make sure you go ahead and launch it once your done there is already a 1.01 update file that takes quite a while to download.
Were you able to get the whole thing? Tried the P2P update last night/this morning and it got to 99% before booting me because of a server error. Won't even connect today through either method. I'll probably give it a try one more time tomorrow and if that doesn't work just wait until the 21st.
Old 04-17-08, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Originally Posted by discostu1337
So, this Metal Gear beta code thing is a joke. I finally turn on my Ps3 after 4 months to try this out and my code is 3 letters short. Luckily I took 2 from work, pop open the second one...same thing. I call my store and my employee had already opened our remaining 11 beta dvd's....1 had a full working code. YAY! Konami, way to screw potentially thousands of people who reserved your game over with a partial code and no way to fix it

1) That is concerning, I better open mine up.
2) So you guys have no more bonuses to give out? Don't they regulate in these stores how many freebies employees can take/open? Granted, this is probably as good a cause as any, but still...
Old 04-17-08, 04:34 PM

I usually grab 2 of the freebies of stuff, just in case. We did all pre-order the game though, just like everyone else
Old 04-17-08, 05:21 PM

I usually grab 2 of the freebies of stuff, just in case. We did all pre-order the game though, just like everyone else
Did you all take turns asking each other if you wanted to preorder?
Old 04-17-08, 05:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 137 Likes on 106 Posts
Originally Posted by kakihara1
Did you all take turns asking each other if you wanted to preorder?
Asking? Don't you mean telling them they had to pre-order or they wouldn't get a copy?
Old 04-17-08, 05:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,931 Likes on 1,493 Posts
Yeah, the two you took home I didn't have that much of an issue with, but you guys opened 11 more copies in the store. I guess in this case they would've all come back as complaints anyway, considering the bad codes.

So did a bunch of people come back and complain, or did Konami send a notice out to stores yet?
Old 04-17-08, 06:05 PM

I had about 5 calls yesterday, but figured it was because the download was not supposed to start until today. On a side note, I managed to download the beta, but the update once it's installed just times out and will not download. They should have just put this damn game on 360 from the beginning and be done with it so we could actually play it
Old 04-18-08, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Asking? Don't you mean telling them they had to pre-order or they wouldn't get a copy?
Old 04-18-08, 08:51 AM

Just want some opinions, how hard do you think it is going to be to find this "limited edition" 80gb MGS bundle in June? No stores are taking preorders so that kind of has me worried.
Old 04-18-08, 09:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Nagheenanajar
Just want some opinions, how hard do you think it is going to be to find this "limited edition" 80gb MGS bundle in June? No stores are taking preorders so that kind of has me worried.
I don't think the 80 GB will be that hard to find, I'd imagine it'd be as plentiful as the 80GB Motorstorm bundle was.

The actual "limited edition" MGS 4 bundle with the gunmetal PS3 and controller will likely be VERY limited. I wouldn't be surprised to see it only sell on the Konami website, and sell out quickly at that.
Old 04-18-08, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Were you able to get the whole thing? Tried the P2P update last night/this morning and it got to 99% before booting me because of a server error. Won't even connect today through either method. I'll probably give it a try one more time tomorrow and if that doesn't work just wait until the 21st.
Yeah, I was able to get it all that night and finish the update.

Originally Posted by dvd182
I don't think the 80 GB will be that hard to find, I'd imagine it'd be as plentiful as the 80GB Motorstorm bundle was.

The actual "limited edition" MGS 4 bundle with the gunmetal PS3 and controller will likely be VERY limited. I wouldn't be surprised to see it only sell on the Konami website, and sell out quickly at that.
I was under the impression that there will only be the 'limited edition' bundle available, not two separate sku's.
Old 04-18-08, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by darkside
Just noticed this product for sale that could answer many of our Guitar Hero issues on the PS3.

http://store.theantcommandos.com/pro...r-ps3-adpt.htm

I have used my PS2 controller with a generic PS2 to USB adaptor and it works for GHI and II, but does not allow whammy bar or hammer ons and pull offs. This looks like it could be the ultimate solution if it works as advertised. It is supposed to make the PS2 guitars compatible with the PS2 GH games, PS3 GHIII and PS3 Rockband.

It is $20 and is supposed to ship in the next couple of weeks. I ordered one and when I get it I will test it out and let everyone know if it works. They also have $50 guitars that work with all games as well, but I already have a perfectly good Red Octane PS2 guitar and would rather use that and save the money. I don't need a whole collection of plastic guitars.
The $50 guitars are now $60 guitars. Still $10 off though. "List Price" is $70.

Pre-orders must be doing a pretty good business.
Old 04-18-08, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Edison
I was under the impression that there will only be the 'limited edition' bundle available, not two separate sku's.
There is the standard, non-limited 80GB bundle that comes with the standard version of MGS4:

As well as the limited edition gunmetal bundle:

No details yet on what exactly the limited version contains, how to obtain one, or how limited it will be. The Japanese version had a 40GB PS3, which very well might be the one we're getting here.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.