Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rock Band: Official Thread Pt. 4

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-08, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MurraySiskind
Hey Shagrath (or anyone who can help)

I like your post that shows the difficulty ratings and videos for the DLC. Thanks for that. Is there also a post that has the same info for the songs that come with the game?

Thanks!
Not currently, because this should be available to anyone who has the game. You can see the tier in any of the solo tours, or if you go into the leaderboards, you can sort by difficulty for any instrument.

If it's something that needs to be added to my post, I can do it.
Old 01-24-08, 11:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I guess I just like the 1 - 9 rating system with the video link attached. Is there a place in the game that has the 1 - 9 rating or is just broken up by Insane difficulty, Nightmare difficulty, etc.?
Old 01-24-08, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So if the drum set goes they don't send you the whole top unit? They send something else?

Also, are there drumsticks i could buy that would impact them drum set a little less? I have heard mention of plastic tipped sticks and anti-vibration sticks - anything that is a clear superior option?
Old 01-24-08, 01:42 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Anyone on dvdtalk play this regularly? I just started playing again and was playing live for a few hours. I'm pretty tired of getting called a faggot, or my mom getting called a faggot, or my dog getting called a bitch. If anyone wants to play with or against me, gamertag = flairbear
Old 01-24-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I try to play this 2 or 3 nights a week. What instruments do you like to play? My favorite is drums. I'm still getting the hang of guitar, etc and generally play songs on Hard. gamertag = yawmush.
Old 01-24-08, 02:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I'd like to join you guys some time. Send me an invite if you see me online.
Old 01-24-08, 03:23 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I play a couple nights a week, don't generally play online but I'd be up for it sometime. I'm a poor drummer on hard, can do "ok" on hard guitar. I'd like to try the head-to-head drum thing sometime.
Old 01-24-08, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 728 Likes on 532 Posts
I play almost everyday. Drums mainly, but I pick up the guitar and want to try bass. My voice isn't cut out for most of the vocals since I don't have range.

aktick, sounds like you an I are about the same level on drums. If you want to do head to head, just send me an invite.
Old 01-24-08, 08:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

IGN is reporting that extra guitars won't start shipping until April 1st. WTF???????
Old 01-25-08, 01:08 AM
Banned

Is my guitar dead? I was in the middle of a song, and all of a sudden the notes weren't being hit when I strummed. I could sort of get it to play if I used a lot more force to move the strum hard up and down, but at the expense of missing a lot of the notes. It's really late now, so I'll try again in the morning, but it seems like it's probably broken.
Old 01-25-08, 02:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Legolas
Is my guitar dead? I was in the middle of a song, and all of a sudden the notes weren't being hit when I strummed. I could sort of get it to play if I used a lot more force to move the strum hard up and down, but at the expense of missing a lot of the notes. It's really late now, so I'll try again in the morning, but it seems like it's probably broken.
New batteries maybe?

I got my second replacement and after a few days it's already worse than the one it's replacing. Misses notes AND won't go into overdrive. I haven't even sent back the other one yet! POS

Guess I'll be calling again tomorrow. I think I need a new microphone too, this one pops terrible now. Anyone else had that problem?
Old 01-25-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That is what mine did before I had it replaced. The replacement is much better but still does not feel quite right.
Old 01-25-08, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I knew my guitar was dead when it started strumming while I was holding long notes.
Old 01-25-08, 09:02 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
IGN is reporting that extra guitars won't start shipping until April 1st. WTF???????
I'm just crossing my fingers for a better third party option. The first party guitar is horrendous.
Old 01-25-08, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I know there's not a lot of hope for the Nyko guitar coming out in March (per IGN), but at least it's something...
Old 01-25-08, 10:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I have a question about how it handles multiple users (separate names under the "Users" XMB tab) on the PS3.

Person 1 plays solo and creates their character while logged in to PS3 as User 1.
Person 2 plays solo and creates their character while logged in to the same PS3 as User 2.

Both Player 1 and Player 2 play together while logged in to PS3 as User 1. Would Player 2 be able to access the character they've already created, or would they need to create a new one?

Last edited by Walker Boh; 01-25-08 at 10:29 AM.
Old 01-25-08, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Quick question...I am getting 100% on songs and not getting any gold stars or whatever. Is there something you have to do or difficulty level to get gold stars? Or are they not on RB and only on GH?

Thanks!
Old 01-25-08, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I think they are only on Expert in Rock Band.
Old 01-25-08, 11:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Appreciated. No gold stars for me...
Old 01-25-08, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Absolutely correct. The general rule is 1.5x the Expert score for gold stars. On some instruments, it's a little more, like 1.51x-1.55x. Gold stars are only going to show up with a high percentage and an excellent overdrive path.
Old 01-25-08, 04:02 PM
Banned

Well today my guitar is now working just fine. Was the glitch a fluke or a sign of things to come.

I read somewhere to blow air into it. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I also did that.
Old 01-25-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well today my guitar is now working just fine. Was the glitch a fluke or a sign of things to come.

I read somewhere to blow air into it. Not sure if that had anything to do with it, but I also did that.
It's all very clear to me now -- the guitars were built by the same people that constructed the original NES.
Old 01-25-08, 06:05 PM
Banned

Well outside of blowing into it and smacking it on the side, the guitar hasn't been blinking white at me.
Old 01-25-08, 08:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well outside of blowing into it and smacking it on the side, the guitar hasn't been blinking white at me.
Touché.
Old 01-28-08, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Walker Boh
I have a question about how it handles multiple users (separate names under the "Users" XMB tab) on the PS3.

Person 1 plays solo and creates their character while logged in to PS3 as User 1.
Person 2 plays solo and creates their character while logged in to the same PS3 as User 2.

Both Player 1 and Player 2 play together while logged in to PS3 as User 1. Would Player 2 be able to access the character they've already created, or would they need to create a new one?
On the xbox 360, i use two different profiles while playing multiplayer. User 1 uses their created player and User 2 uses their player. I can also use additional characters for drums or vocals with User 1's profile.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.