DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Is the Nintendo DS Lite worth getting? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/522964-nintendo-ds-lite-worth-getting.html)

IMRICKJAMES 01-18-08 03:14 PM

Is the Nintendo DS Lite worth getting?

I have $120 left in Best Buy gift cards from Christmas and don't know what to get.

Dont need anything for my computer.

Have a 360 and 5 games, two of them I've barely played having just gotten them

Have a digital camera, dont need anything for it.

What else can I get from Best Buy other than more video games!!!

rfduncan 01-18-08 03:33 PM

Yes. Best portable system ever made.

Something for everybody and the interface is both unique and entertaining.

uncle-frank 01-18-08 03:46 PM

i would definatley reccomend it. its library is huge.

maybe you could also sell those games your not using to get some cash for ds stuff

PixyJunket 01-18-08 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by rfduncan
Best portable system ever made.

Fact.

lotsofdvds 01-18-08 03:52 PM

If you're opposed to getting Rock Band for your 360, then yes, get a DS Lite. I play it every single day on the crapper.

Joeboo835 01-18-08 03:54 PM

Bought one for my daughter for her birthday last year and I play it just as much as she does.

fumanstan 01-18-08 04:06 PM

I haven't touched mine that much since New Super Mario Bros since I'm caught up more in my 360, but i'd still say its a pretty good buy.

The Cow 01-18-08 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by IMRICKJAMES
I have $120 left in Best Buy gift cards from Christmas and don't know what to get.

Dont need anything for my computer.

Have a 360 and 5 games, two of them I've barely played having just gotten them

Have a digital camera, dont need anything for it.

What else can I get from Best Buy other than more video games!!!

The DS is a great little game machine, but your post sounds like you don't really want any more games.

Wait for something you really want to come along. You don't have to spend the gift cards now.

(Music/Movies/HD player/8-track tape player?)

joeblow69 01-18-08 04:10 PM

How do you poop if you don't have a DS? :hscratch:

EdTheRipper 01-18-08 04:11 PM

I bought my wife a DS for her birthday in 2006. Best gift I could have gotten her because we all get a lot of use out of it.

Panda Phil 01-18-08 07:04 PM

Gonna be the voice of reason as well. Unless you're really pumped about gettign one, maybe you'd be better off saving the cash til something you're really wanting comes along.

That beign said, I love my DS. I play it before bed, on the bus, and when works slow. Love it.

zekeburger1979 01-18-08 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket
Fact.

Bears eat beets.

Bears.
Beets.
Battlestar Galatica.

:)

Michael Corvin 01-18-08 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by zekeburger1979
Bears eat beets.

Bears.
Beets.
Battlestar Galatica.

:)

:lol:

WepaMan 01-18-08 11:36 PM

Haven't played mine since Zelda: Phantom Hourglass. If you would have asked me then, I would have said go for it. Now, it's been collecting dust and I've gone back to my PSP for gaming.

Baron Of Hell 01-19-08 07:19 AM

It is great if you have some time to play it. I play my ds almost every day during work breaks, at lunch, on the can, while doing laundry etc.

I have come to realization that I have a lot of games and no time to play them all. My completion score for console games is horrible but I finish almost all of my ds games. So I would say if you have a lot of downtime it is a must buy. Hardly touch the thing while I'm at home.

The Bus 01-19-08 07:57 AM

Do you like crack? It's at least as good as crack.

Panda Phil 01-19-08 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Baron Of Hell

I have come to realization that I have a lot of games and no time to play them all. My completion score for console games is horrible but I finish almost all of my ds games. So I would say if you have a lot of downtime it is a must buy. Hardly touch the thing while I'm at home.

Jeez, I thought it was just me. I've already got a huge friggin backlog of titles. But I can't resist buying more!

neale 01-19-08 05:15 PM

We got a DS for each of our two kids. We liked playing them so much that my wife and I each bought one, too. All four of us play ours a lot. Mario Kart, mostly.