Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Need Help Getting Video Game System for Public Use

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-07, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Godfather & 2020 TOTY Winner

Received 6,199 Likes on 4,226 Posts
Need Help Getting Video Game System for Public Use

I'm opening my own office and I'd like to have a PS2 out for kids to play with, like they do at McDonald's and Burger King. I can't find one of those enclosures anywhere. I don't even know how to google for one. Does anyone know where I might be able to purchase one of these enclosures? Thanks
Old 12-18-07, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
I think i've seen lockable enclosures of that size at Home Depot and Lowes.
Old 12-18-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
What type of office?
Old 12-18-07, 07:24 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
What type of office?
Decker's a physician, I believe.
Old 12-18-07, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 382 Likes on 307 Posts
Just build a box frame, paint it flat black and put some plexiglass over it. Should be a 45 minute project.
Old 12-18-07, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just don't leave the controllers out. Have your patients check them out. Make sure they're aware that their copays do not cover theft.
Old 12-19-07, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by pinata242
Just don't leave the controllers out. Have your patients check them out. Make sure they're aware that their copays do not cover theft.
Yeah, actually they don't cover shit.

Seriously, I'm sure SOMEONE must make the kind of plastic "bubble" shell that they have at Burger King so that I can house a PS2 with controllers fixed into place. I'd love to have a game system in my waiting room, but kids are so destructive and I need it to last more than a week. I thought about buying that game cabinet they sell at Costco but it's a little steep. I hope to find one of those "bubbles" soon; I think it would be a big hit in the office.
Old 12-19-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
You could check out a sports memorabillia shop. You might be able to fit a PS2 slim (I'm sure a gamecube) into one of those locking football display cases.
Old 12-19-07, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

yuck.. do you know how gross those controllers are going to be after a week of sick kids wiping their snot on their hands? should be great for repeat business
Old 12-19-07, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
yuck.. do you know how gross those controllers are going to be after a week of sick kids wiping their snot on their hands? should be great for repeat business

I would think if you are in a doctors office you are sick prior to touching the controller.
Old 12-19-07, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

If you're setting up a Wii, i think people come to your office even they're not sick

It's a good idea, but seriously, like you said, kids are quite destructive now a day... I don't let my kids play the "dirty" toys at the pediatrician's office (but they have to touch them, sigh).
Old 12-19-07, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mopower
I would think if you are in a doctors office you are sick prior to touching the controller.
Agreed. But if you are sick, you are probably more prone to getting other diseases.
Old 12-19-07, 04:28 PM

I really don't know if anything will be totally hygenic, but I was planning to have it on the "well child" side of the waiting room. I had also thought about having an eyetoy out for the kids to play around with.

I'm just surprised that I can't find anything like a case for a console anywhere on the interent. I know they must be sold somewhere if the fast food joints and video game shops.
Old 12-19-07, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Decker
I really don't know if anything will be totally hygenic, but I was planning to have it on the "well child" side of the waiting room. I had also thought about having an eyetoy out for the kids to play around with.

I'm just surprised that I can't find anything like a case for a console anywhere on the interent. I know they must be sold somewhere if the fast food joints and video game shops.

a well child side?? yeah cause a sick kid would see a ps2 and be restrained enough to not go to that side..

a eye toy would be a good idea. Not as much holding of the controller and it could promote exercise and that crap
Old 12-19-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by j123vt_99
a well child side?? yeah cause a sick kid would see a ps2 and be restrained enough to not go to that side..

a eye toy would be a good idea. Not as much holding of the controller and it could promote exercise and that crap
Not to mention that would give any kid a complex.

"Hey Mom, can I go play PS2 with Timmy?"
"No, you little shithead. You're sick, why the hell do you think you're at the Dr's office? That game is for well kids only. Now sit down and read your Highlights magazine."
"Oh man. I hope I haven't already read that Goofus & Gallant."