Old 12-13-07, 07:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Anytime.
haha, very nice.
Old 12-14-07, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I beat the solo tour vocals on easy yesterday, it really wasn't too tough. Then I tried "Say It Ain't So" on Expert, and pretty much failed it right off the bat. Expert vocals are pretty picky.

Then I went and played through Medium Guitar. Definitely easier than the GH Medium songs. I don't understand how I have a tougher time playing "Go With The Flow" than any of the last tier songs though.
Old 12-14-07, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Bus
Also, just have this for a link to songs in the game. It will be updated much quicker than anyone here could manage. Plus, it saves you time.
While this has a list of every song, it doesn't have youtube videos or some of the information I have added in to my post. I'll be sure to keep on top of things so my post doesn't get too out of date.
Old 12-14-07, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
its official: I can beat every song on medium except for Dreen Grass and High Times.
Old 12-14-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally Posted by DaveWadding
its official: I can beat every song on medium except for Dreen Grass and High Times.
Are you having trouble on drums or guitar? On drums, you can use the same cheat I did -- don't use any of the Overdrive (or whatever 'star power' is called in the game), saving it for a boost in health if you drop the beat a couple of times during the sustained frenzy. I wussed out and avoided the kick during that stretch, used the Overdrive to bail myself out after nearly flunking, and managed to escape with 3 stars. It's the only song I think I have 3 stars on in medium.
Old 12-14-07, 01:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still stuck on Green Grass on expert guitar. I get to about 85-95% and fail out. I have trouble with the G - R - Y -R -G part that goes over and over. I've never been good at that kind of thing, all the way back to GH1. I think it's a timing issue. When I get fast streaks of notes in that pattern I screw them up. I overdrive my through the first set of them, but I fail on the next set, when I don't have overdrive. I'll just keep practicing. Sometimes I can get them for a bit then screw up. One of these times I'll have a good day and get through it.
Old 12-14-07, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can anyone point me in the direction of or take a picture of the note in the box that says don't return to store?
Old 12-14-07, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Ghym
I'm still stuck on Green Grass on expert guitar. I get to about 85-95% and fail out. I have trouble with the G - R - Y -R -G part that goes over and over. I've never been good at that kind of thing, all the way back to GH1. I think it's a timing issue. When I get fast streaks of notes in that pattern I screw them up. I overdrive my through the first set of them, but I fail on the next set, when I don't have overdrive. I'll just keep practicing. Sometimes I can get them for a bit then screw up. One of these times I'll have a good day and get through it.
I can get past those two parts fine, but fail at around 97% at the infinite descending triplets. My advice for the zig-zag patterns is to one finger it. I can hit about 90+% with just sliding one finger up and down.
Old 12-14-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
Are you having trouble on drums or guitar? On drums, you can use the same cheat I did -- don't use any of the Overdrive (or whatever 'star power' is called in the game), saving it for a boost in health if you drop the beat a couple of times during the sustained frenzy. I wussed out and avoided the kick during that stretch, used the Overdrive to bail myself out after nearly flunking, and managed to escape with 3 stars. It's the only song I think I have 3 stars on in medium.
I tried that but it hurt more than it helped. I'm really good at sustaining complex patterns once I get them down, but the pauses for the Overdrive fill-in were killing me. I think I'll just practice that song on 80% speed until I can get it.
Old 12-14-07, 01:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
I tried that but it hurt more than it helped. I'm really good at sustaining complex patterns once I get them down, but the pauses for the Overdrive fill-in were killing me. I think I'll just practice that song on 80% speed until I can get it.
I decided to use the pauses on the drums to help out on the tough sections. :-) Just don't enable OD and you'll get a short breather to get your composure back.
Old 12-14-07, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yeah, not enabling overdrive helped me a lot during Green Grass on drums.
Old 12-14-07, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I thought I made it close to the end but I died at 67%.

Got my Riding Coattails achievement from playing with XShagrath.
Old 12-14-07, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

You're welcome, The Bus!

If anyone else wants to go for a ride and I'm not in WBT, just send me an invite. I've been doing a bit of Band Quick Play lately for more practice.

Last edited by Shagrath; 12-14-07 at 05:28 PM.
Old 12-14-07, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ugh, come on Tuesday, hurry up and get here!
Old 12-15-07, 12:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
Ugh, come on Tuesday, hurry up and get here!
What happens Tuesday?
Old 12-15-07, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

My Iron Lung
Buddy Holly
Old 12-15-07, 02:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Don't forget Brass in Pocket!!!
Old 12-15-07, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Yes indeedy.

It's too bad we don't have anything coming the week after though. Have they said they are and just haven't revealed it, or has it been confirmed that they're skipping that week as well as the following week?
Old 12-15-07, 08:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 264 Likes on 192 Posts
OK, this is going to be a Christmas gift for the kids, but just scanning the last two threads the issue with the guitar is a concern. If someone could please explain how one replaces the guitar if there is a problem etc... It has not been opened and don't (sorry) have time to read 50+ pages to find the answer. Also will Guitar Hero guitars (Xbox 360) work with Rock Band? I understand the Rock Band Guitar will not work with Guitar Hero.

Thanks in advance... it would suck to open it Christmas day and have a problem, so I am wondering if I should purchase a extra guitar...
Old 12-15-07, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Brent L
Yes indeedy.

It's too bad we don't have anything coming the week after though. Have they said they are and just haven't revealed it, or has it been confirmed that they're skipping that week as well as the following week?
Nothing has been announced. XMas is on a Tuesday, so I'm hoping for a surprise gift from Harmonix. Wishful thinking, but it could happen. I don't know if we'll see any more DLC this year, but I wouldn't doubt it.
Old 12-15-07, 10:05 AM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
Nothing has been announced. XMas is on a Tuesday, so I'm hoping for a surprise gift from Harmonix. Wishful thinking, but it could happen. I don't know if we'll see any more DLC this year, but I wouldn't doubt it.
Hopefully we get The Who album early on in the new year! Can't wait for that.
Old 12-15-07, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

d2cheer: Instructions come in the box for the replacement.

My guitar has been fine after being used for approximately 40 hours. My drums are fine. Everything's great.

You can't buy a separate guitar until next year anyway.
Old 12-15-07, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by d2cheer
OK, this is going to be a Christmas gift for the kids, but just scanning the last two threads the issue with the guitar is a concern. If someone could please explain how one replaces the guitar if there is a problem etc... It has not been opened and don't (sorry) have time to read 50+ pages to find the answer. Also will Guitar Hero guitars (Xbox 360) work with Rock Band? I understand the Rock Band Guitar will not work with Guitar Hero.

Thanks in advance... it would suck to open it Christmas day and have a problem, so I am wondering if I should purchase a extra guitar...
You request a replacement from the website. Enter your credit card # if you want the 2-day turnaround. They send you a replacement in a box. You put the broken one back in the box and send it back via the prepaid UPS label.

And yes, the Guitar Hero guitars work perfectly on the 360.
Old 12-15-07, 11:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The off beat kick ---> pad crap is absolutely killing me. I'm stuck on Reptilia on Hard because if I manage to survive the first part of the song with that off beat stuff, the second (~93%) fails me. And I look like a spaz in the process. Grr!
Old 12-15-07, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I was just thinking, wasn't "Welcome to the Jungle" the first video released of the game? What happened with that?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.