Thats normal.
Old 12-31-07, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Depends on which song your playing.
Old 12-31-07, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
Is it bad that my foot hurts after playing drums for about 10 minutes?
I find it much easier without shoes on. There is nothing restricting your foot.
Old 12-31-07, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by lordwow
Is it bad that my foot hurts after playing drums for about 10 minutes?
Default foot position should be on the pedal. When you need to hit a note, lift up, then down. Then keep it down.
Old 12-31-07, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,607 Likes on 1,006 Posts
Originally Posted by The Bus
Default foot position should be on the pedal. When you need to hit a note, lift up, then down. Then keep it down.
Thought that gets tough too, since you are compressing the spring the whole time.
Old 12-31-07, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by The Bus
That actually makes more sense. I had been leaving my foot on the ground next to the petal and only hitting it when needed (on easy/medium, most songs only have it sparingly).
Old 12-31-07, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I turned the bass pedal backwards so I could hit it with my heel and finally made it past GGaHT on Medium. That had been killing me for so many tries. Of course, I still didn't do it gracefully and ignored the bass pedal for whole sections, but at least I'm on to the next tier now and should be able to play through at least a few more songs before I hit another roadblock.
Old 12-31-07, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Shagrath
Well, I turned the bass pedal backwards so I could hit it with my heel and finally made it past GGaHT on Medium. That had been killing me for so many tries. Of course, I still didn't do it gracefully and ignored the bass pedal for whole sections, but at least I'm on to the next tier now and should be able to play through at least a few more songs before I hit another roadblock.

Your next roadblock should be Run to the Hills. I started playing in Quick Play and scorched everything but that.
Old 12-31-07, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

God, I'm so angry. Something clicked on GGaHT for me, and I was just nailing the solo (well, as in, not losing immediately and catching overdrive at the right time). Then I hit the final section of triplets with overdrive 3/4ths full and lost it as I was trying to tilt the guitar. 95 damn %, when I had enough to finish. Bah!!
Old 12-31-07, 06:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,009 Likes on 615 Posts
I may be in the minority because I actually like the Strat better than my GH Les Paul. The Strat is larger and just seems more comfortable to play. My hands don't seem to cramp after just a few songs like on the Les Paul and I don't miss the click of the strum bar at all.

Now if only the tilt for Overdrive would work. That was the one thing the Les Paul had on the Strat but my Les Paul has been acting up on that as well lately. The Les Paul just goes into Overdrive by itself while the Strat has to have the Back button pushed to get it.

DUMB Rock Band question of the evening: On the guitar strap, which end does the adjustable doubled area go...top or bottom of the guitar?

Last edited by Spiderbite; 01-03-08 at 08:05 AM.
Old 12-31-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Agreed. The Rock Band guitar is amazing, IMO...ten times better than any guitar released so far.

Still no official word on tomorrow's DLC?
Old 12-31-07, 08:54 PM

We used the rock band guitar for 2 songs when the game came out, it was awful, haven't touched it since. Long live the Xplorer!
Old 12-31-07, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
God, I'm so angry. Something clicked on GGaHT for me, and I was just nailing the solo (well, as in, not losing immediately and catching overdrive at the right time). Then I hit the final section of triplets with overdrive 3/4ths full and lost it as I was trying to tilt the guitar. 95 damn %, when I had enough to finish. Bah!!
Hung in through the final craziness and beat it. 3 of the most beautiful stars I've ever seen.

On a DLC note, I've been looking at the RB forums all day, and no announcement has come like it did last week. Hoping something hits tomorrow despite all the mess with XBL.
Old 12-31-07, 09:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by discostu1337
We used the rock band guitar for 2 songs when the game came out, it was awful, haven't touched it since. Long live the Xplorer!
I only use the RB guitar to beat up people who suck at SF2:Turbo. It's really easy to do Guile's flip kick with it.
Old 12-31-07, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by rabbit77
I only use the RB guitar to beat up people who suck at SF2:Turbo. It's really easy to do Guile's flip kick with it.
hahaha
Old 12-31-07, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg
On a DLC note, I've been looking at the RB forums all day, and no announcement has come like it did last week. Hoping something hits tomorrow despite all the mess with XBL.
fingers still crossed for that Blink 182 song...I'll be up until midnight for more than 1 reason tonight
Old 12-31-07, 11:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by discostu1337
fingers still crossed for that Blink 182 song...I'll be up until midnight for more than 1 reason tonight
Haha, they go up at 2 AM PST.
Old 12-31-07, 11:42 PM

damn 2am...gonna be a loooong night
Old 12-31-07, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 81 Likes on 69 Posts
I like the feel of the RB guitar, I just wish it weren't a piece of crap. I got my replacement, and either I suck or the replacement is just as bad. Tilt sensing seems to be even worse, and I notice no improvement on the fast repeat notes. The only other guitar I have is the GH2 PS2 guitar, which does me no good since I have RB for the 360.
The tip the loading screen gave about "keep your foot down on the drum except when you need it" helped me a lot.
Old 01-01-08, 01:18 AM

How much hard drive space do each of the downloadable tracks take up? I got a 360 Pro for Christmas and was debating whether or not I should upgrade to the Elite for the larger hard drive if I wanted to download a bunch of Rock Band stuff.
Old 01-01-08, 01:46 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker
How much hard drive space do each of the downloadable tracks take up? I got a 360 Pro for Christmas and was debating whether or not I should upgrade to the Elite for the larger hard drive if I wanted to download a bunch of Rock Band stuff.
I've purchased all of the DLC and each song varies in size, but it averages to about 30-40 mb per song. The whole lot of them (30some songs) is just shy a gig of HD space.

Last edited by AsmodeusVice; 01-01-08 at 01:50 AM.
Old 01-01-08, 03:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

*whew* Thankfully, no shitty Blink tracks. As posted on majornelson...

Content: "Gimme Three Steps"
Price: 160 Microsoft Points
Availability: Only in Canada, United States
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: "Gimme Three Steps"--Lynyrd Skynyrd. PLEASE NOTE: Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Hard to Handle"*
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: *"Hard to Handle" is a cover version of a song as made famous by the Black Crowes. PLEASE NOTE: Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.

Content: "Limelight"*
Dash Text: [ESRB: T (Teen) MILD LYRICS,MILD SUGGESTIVE THEMES] Build your Rock Band library by purchasing this song game track: *"Limelight" is a cover version of a song as made famous by Rush. PLEASE NOTE: Many Rock Band song game tracks are available as both a multipack and as a single game track. These song game tracks are exactly the same (unless expressly noted as a special version or remix). Be aware that it is possible to download the same song game track twice so please carefully consider your purchases. For music credits, visit www.RockBand.com. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts. There are no refunds for this item. For more information, see www.xbox.com/live/accounts.
http://majornelson.com/archive/2008/...us-1-1-08.aspx

I'm in for the Skynyrd & the Black Crowes song.

EDIT: Just read that 'Hard to Handle' is a cover...yikes. Not so sure anymore. Will have to see the video first.

Last edited by argh923; 01-01-08 at 03:41 AM.
Old 01-01-08, 04:24 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by abrg923
*whew* Thankfully, no shitty Blink tracks. As posted on majornelson...

I'm in for the Skynyrd & the Black Crowes song.
Agreed 100% on both comments.
Old 01-01-08, 07:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 909 Likes on 644 Posts
How could you pass on Limelight?

I'll wait for vids since two are covers.
Old 01-01-08, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Why haven't those 6 EMO songs become available for PS3? or am I looking in the wrong place?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.