Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Worse games ever played - (Maybe official: DO NOT BUY Thread)!

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Old 12-13-07, 12:16 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I bought Onimusha Dawn of Dreams for $5 and was playing it the last few days. It is one of the worst games ever! I always wanted an Oni game (the Jean Reno one) but damn does it blow. Too much backtracking, NO SKILLS involved (bosses where I just have to run around, block and wait to sneak a few hits in, making battles 40 or more mins, and the most annoying characters ever. Stay away from this game. I usually make it a point to finish games. But I dont have time for shit like this.

Other do not Buy games:

Wolverines Revenge
The Suffering II

(to be continued)

Anyone else got some horrible game stories and warnings of DO NOT BUY? I, at the very least would appreciate a warning before I waste cash.
Old 12-13-07, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Pretty much the whole genre of games where different colors/buttons pop up on the screen and you have to press them when they reach a certain point and then quickly press another one and so on and so on.

And yes I know many (read: all) will disagree with me but I just don't get the appeal.
Old 12-13-07, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb on Xbox.

The only game I have given up on because of controls. Broken piece of shit.
Old 12-13-07, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Big Rigs.
Any Matrix game.

But I liked Indy on Xbox.
Old 12-13-07, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nah, too easy.
Old 12-13-07, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I didn't care for Transformers.
Old 12-13-07, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
And yes I know many (read: all) will disagree with me but I just don't get the appeal.

I agree... I tried Amplitude and it was kind of enjoyable, but I really didn't see the appeal. GH, even w/ the custom controller, didn't do anything for me either.
Old 12-13-07, 09:59 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Space Giraffe
Old 12-13-07, 10:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Bus
Space Giraffe
Truth.
Old 12-13-07, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I liked Space Giraffe, it didn't make a lick of sense but it was oddly addictive and relaxing.

recently, Odin Sphere and Okami were particularly atrocious. (kidding)
Old 12-13-07, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty much the whole genre of games where different colors/buttons pop up on the screen and you have to press them when they reach a certain point and then quickly press another one and so on and so on.

I actually understand your opinion though. But I do disagree. Probably my first game like that was Parappa, which I had fun with. I never got into Dance Dance, mostly because at it's peak it was still a arcade game and I didn't want to spend money to humiliate myself in front of strangers. I got Guitar Hero I as a gift and was skeptical but ended up really liking it. Though, I'm nowhere near as hooked on it or the genre as many people on here seem to be.

I actually can't name the worst game I have ever played, because generally if it was that bad, it was also forgetable. The last game I played that I really didn't like was Elite Beat Agents.
Old 12-13-07, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by DodgingCars

I actually can't name the worst game I have ever played, because generally if it was that bad, it was also forgetable. The last game I played that I really didn't like was Elite Beat Agents.
EBA was such a great game. i got so many of my friends to buy that game b/c it was so addicting. the song selection was great and the difficulty was just right. what didn't you like about it?
Old 12-13-07, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I didn't like it either. Tapping a screen on beat wasn't all that satisfying.
Old 12-13-07, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The only game that I haven't been able to sit through and play has been Tomb Raider Legend for 360. I know it's pretty popular, but I've never played a game with a more horribly intrusive camera system.
Old 12-13-07, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

recently...Beowulf. Hands down worst game on 360 that I have played...and I beat Eragon/Two Worlds/Cars etc
Old 12-13-07, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I don't get the love for those games either - I even played Rock Band with a bunch of people, and karaoke aspect aside, I didn't have a lick of fun - I generally don't care for multi-player games anyways, but I just don't get this Guitar Hero craze, at all.
Old 12-13-07, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by discostu1337
recently...Beowulf. Hands down worst game on 360 that I have played...and I beat Eragon/Two Worlds/Cars etc
Worse than Vampire Rain?
Old 12-13-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by slop101

I don't get the love for those games either - I even played Rock Band with a bunch of people, and karaoke aspect aside, I didn't have a lick of fun - I generally don't care for multi-player games anyways, but I just don't get this Guitar Hero craze, at all.
some people get it, some people don't. Either it's fun or it's not.

I for one get no joy out of racing sims from the likes of Gran Turismo or Forza. They look nice, but they're simply not fun.
Old 12-13-07, 12:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This thread has potential to open up flame wars based on peoples opinions of games, so please keep it civil, don't spazz when someone likes your favorite game. Please and thank you. This is a pre-warning, to make sure it's kept on target.
Old 12-13-07, 01:05 PM

Elite beat agents was awful IMO. Guitar Hero is good at best.

the Donkey Konga series, however, is a lot more fun IMO.

as far as worst games ever, i would say that Carnival Games recently comes to mind... cheap graphics, poor quality, the game just feels thrown together, though for some reason a lot of my friends love it.
Old 12-13-07, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I can't play Elite Beat Agents for more than 5 minutes but my wife could play that game for days at a time.
Old 12-13-07, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by AndyCleveland
Elite beat agents was awful IMO. Guitar Hero is good at best.

the Donkey Konga series, however, is a lot more fun IMO.

as far as worst games ever, i would say that Carnival Games recently comes to mind... cheap graphics, poor quality, the game just feels thrown together, though for some reason a lot of my friends love it.
It's good, simple fun and for the most part all the games work which is more than you can say about Super Monkey Ball's mini-games and I'm sure that had an enormous budget by comparison. And it is a budget title to begin with.
Old 12-13-07, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I didn't like it either. Tapping a screen on beat wasn't all that satisfying.
That was pretty much it. The tapping didn't work for me.
Old 12-13-07, 03:40 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

WCW Mayhem. After the incredibly fun WCW games put out for N64, Electronic Arts took over the license and put out this total p.o.s.
Old 12-13-07, 04:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Subjective tastes in genres aside, I've been fortunate enough to avoid shitty games - I mean, going to bad movies at $5 a pop is one thing, but when I'm paying $40-$60 for a game, I very well know what I'm getting into (and I pretty much always have). That is, except for the shitty games back in the 2600 days (E.T., Superman, Raiders), which didn't even seem shitty to me, just because I didn't know any better. I must have played through Raiders for the 2600 over 50 times, and I loved it, except for those goddamn tse tse flys...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.