Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Video Game Talk
Reload this Page >

Worse games ever played - (Maybe official: DO NOT BUY Thread)!

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Worse games ever played - (Maybe official: DO NOT BUY Thread)!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-07, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,936 Likes on 1,497 Posts
Hoshigami (DS, but it was originally for the PS2): At the time, I was starved for a good portable Tactics game, but I couldn't get past the first few levels of this game. Maybe it gets better later?

Auto Modellista (PS2/Xbox): a cell shaded racer that looked great, but controlled like crap.

Mobile Suit Gundam (PS3): forgot what the actual name of this one was, but it was a launch title. I'm a huge Gundam fan, and I usually forgive the flaws of Gundam games, but this one was just unplayable. Ironically, I still picked it up for 17 bucks at CC clearance and will give it a go again. Just a glutton for punishment, I guess.
Old 12-13-07, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I always thought the .Hack series sucked. I thought Folklore was overrated, too.
Old 12-13-07, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I will just say that I played so much EBA that the screen calibration on my DS is permanently thrown off. I will eventually have to buy a new DS because it is annoying me that I can't accurately click things on the screen anymore. I absolutely was obsessed with it, and I didn't enjoy Guitar Hero all that much when I borrowed it. I was very close score-wise to achieving the top rank available, but it wasn't possible after destroying my screen, and I will not be using it when I purchase my new DS because I don't want to ruin that screen either.
Old 12-13-07, 05:41 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can't stand game sequels that just seem like an expansion to the original. The Burnout games are the biggest culprit. Same with the Flatout games.
Old 12-13-07, 05:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 52 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by spainlinx0
I will just say that I played so much EBA that the screen calibration on my DS is permanently thrown off.
You can calibrate the touch screen in the DS system menu. Hold start down when you turn on the power or turn on the DS without a DS/GBA cart in.
Old 12-16-07, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea as far as GH, Im with the South Park guys on that one.

I too hate racing sims, like Turismo, no fun. Plus I hate long loading times and mulitple loads (like the Burnout and ATV games)

I like my games simple and straight forward. Like Black, Zelda, RE, etc. Im playing SOCOM II now and its sucking. 3000kB a save? Come on...
Old 12-16-07, 06:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeremy517
You can calibrate the touch screen in the DS system menu. Hold start down when you turn on the power or turn on the DS without a DS/GBA cart in.
I know, my screen is damaged. It will not calibrate. I have already called Nintendo about it, but I'm outside of my warranty period.
Old 12-17-07, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Madden '08 for Wii.

By far the worst and most frustrating game I've ever played. I'm reselling it today; if I get $1, I'll consider it a steal.

If you haven't bought it yet for Wii, save yourself the heartache and drop a hammer on your toe instead.
Old 12-17-07, 04:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
I'll chip in the worst I have played in quite some time: Soulcalibur Legends for the Wii. It was a free rental (coupon was expiring and Blockbuster never has anything in stock) and I still feel ripped off.
Old 12-17-07, 04:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RichC2
some people get it, some people don't. Either it's fun or it's not.

I for one get no joy out of racing sims from the likes of Gran Turismo or Forza. They look nice, but they're simply not fun.
Ditto

There's a difference between a game you can tell is decent but not your cup of tea, to a game that is really actually bad.
Old 12-17-07, 04:44 PM

Most recently for me is Kane an Lynch. Frustrating controls and lack of direction made this game extremely frustrating. Almost to the "whip the controller across the room narrowly missing 62" DLP" frustrating.
Old 12-17-07, 06:23 PM

SOCOM II

Dont know if its really bad but I gave up on it already. I didnt even have enough room for a single save and said fuck it, Im not leaving my PS2 on forever. The levels were long and I didnt like having to crawl around and depend on stupid CPU comrades who can cost me missions and fail. Cost me $5 so no loss, I should get that back easy.

Thanks for the warnings though, some of the games you guys are mentioning I was interested in.
Old 08-12-10, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Worse games ever played - (Maybe official: DO NOT BUY Thread)!

After attempting to play it last night and getting stuck in the SECOND FUCKING TUTORIAL, I can say that Vampire Rain belongs in this thread.
Old 08-12-10, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Never liked the Sims games I never understood why people did, and I will be sent to the eternal video game hell probably for this, but I didn't like Fallout 3 either. I tried to play it multiple times and could never get into it.
Old 08-12-10, 10:16 AM

Eternal Sonata. Felt like a chore to play it. nothing annoys me more than 12 year old whiney characters. and they all walked around with their arms at a goofy angle. no variance in battles leading to a boss, then a boss battle that took 20 minutes simply due to insane hit points.

i'm just not into JRPG's anymore apparently, but i thought this game was terrible
Old 08-12-10, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Got a couple stinkers for ya:
Terminator : Salvation - Last Gen graphics, super generic visuals, and the worst controller smashing Gameplay and controls I have ever played - I thought," it couldn't be as bad as reviews made it out to be - let me at least get these super easy trophies" It was sooooo much worse than advertised - Went back in the sleeve to Gamefly within an hour.

X-Blades - Same as above except with a scantiliy dressed anime chick.
Old 08-12-10, 11:24 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust was the most recent misstep...I ended up doing a review of that game, good lord was it awful. But I suffered, oh did I ever.

I'm a sucker for bad games since I tend to buy my games cheap. Speaking of which, I have Fairytale Fights coming to my doorstep today. (got it for ~$8) I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that it is going to be a stinker.

Oh..and two of the games mentioned in this thread so far, I have but haven't opened yet (Eternal Sonata and Beowulf). Both bought very cheaply. I r afraid
Old 08-12-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kedrix
Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust was the most recent misstep...I ended up doing a review of that game, good lord was it awful. But I suffered, oh did I ever.
I bailed on that one as well.
Old 08-12-10, 12:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

The fact that the subject line says "worse games ever played" instead of "WORST games ever played" makes me want to go outside and kick every pigeon I see.

It's like lose/loose.

And no game has pissed me off more than ... oh, let's say SMURFS for Colecovision.
Old 08-12-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

the Original Metal Gear for the Nintendo.. Those frickin dogs man..
Old 08-12-10, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kedrix

I'm a sucker for bad games since I tend to buy my games cheap. Speaking of which, I have Fairytale Fights coming to my doorstep today. (got it for ~$8) I have this feeling in the pit of my stomach that it is going to be a stinker.

Oh..and two of the games mentioned in this thread so far, I have but haven't opened yet (Eternal Sonata and Beowulf). Both bought very cheaply. I r afraid

I got Fairytale Fights free from a best buy coupon thing, and I felt ripped off.
Old 08-12-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Shadow of the Colossus

Oh yeah, that's right. Art house, cult favorite and damn near unplayable. From the lack of a story, to the barren joke of an overworld to the broken ass camera system to mediocre controls this game has a single thing going for it. Giant bosses. Cool. Unfortunately a game of nothing but boss battles isn't very fun. Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. How this became a cult favorite boggles the mind.

Whatever was once held in high regard has been lost in the advances in modern consoles. It didn't age well at all.
Old 08-12-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Shadow of the Colossus

Oh yeah, that's right. Art house, cult favorite and damn near unplayable. From the lack of a story, to the barren joke of an overworld to the broken ass camera system to mediocre controls this game has a single thing going for it. Giant bosses. Cool. Unfortunately a game of nothing but boss battles isn't very fun. Ding, ding, ding, ding, ding. How this became a cult favorite boggles the mind.

Whatever was once held in high regard has been lost in the advances in modern consoles. It didn't age well at all.
Sounds like an article in a gaming magazine (forget which one) which took 10 highly praised games and turned them on their sides to point out how overrated/flawed the games are. If I Remember right the list included Shadow of the Colossus, NFL2K5, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, Psychonauts and others. i thought it was a great article.
Old 08-12-10, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by glassdragon
I got Fairytale Fights free from a best buy coupon thing, and I felt ripped off.
OUCH! This ought to be quite an adventure then. Fairytale away........
Old 08-12-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Samba De Amigo (Wii). It only cost $5.00 and I felt ripped off.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.