DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   games you wish could get made (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/519902-games-you-wish-could-get-made.html)

mhg83 12-12-07 06:26 PM

games you wish could get made

I had a few ideas for video games that I wish could get made:

1.Agents: A online action rpg similar to 24. You play an agent for the cia going through missions that involve catching terrorists and stopping a threat. You would work with other agents around the country. The whole country would be available to explore and hunt terrorists. It would also give you the choice of playing the terrorist so that your not fighting an npc. I think this would make a fun experience that would attract a larger crowd that usually stays away from online rpgs.

2.Harry Potter Online: This would put you in the role of a student attending their first year at Hogwarts and beyond. After completing the seven years at Hogwarts, you'll have the choice of a magic career such as an auror, employee at the ministry of magic or even a professor at the school. Quidditch would also play a big role in the game allowing the player to try out for a team and work your way up to the world cup tournament. This is one game I think will eventually be made into reality possibly after the final potter movie comes out. It could be the next world of warcraft.

what games do you wish could get made?

JayDerek 12-12-07 06:30 PM

a massive online game based a little on the Road Warrior where you can just drive around, get into car battles for fuel, add changes to your car, etc

flashburn 12-12-07 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by JayDerek
a massive online game based a little on the Road Warrior where you can just drive around, get into car battles for fuel, add changes to your car, etc

Sounds like Auto Assault, too bad it sucked.

nemein 12-12-07 07:39 PM

I wish they had finished the Stargate game...

PopcornTreeCt 12-12-07 08:06 PM

I wish for a Batman game that doesn't suck. I'd love a sandbox game that takes place in Gotham City. It would have to be very, very detailed, graphically amazing, I'd love for it to be based on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. With Ras Ah Gul, Scarecrow, Joker, Two-face and other various villains.

I'd also love to see Gears of War style game but in the Terminator universe. You play as the humans in the future amongst the rubble of destroyed cities fighting through the robots.

DthRdrX 12-12-07 08:09 PM

1. Superman game that doesn't suck or have crappy controls.
2. Wrestling game that focuses on actual in-ring wrestling, more variety.
3. Better detective games in an open environment.
4. Return of the Horror-Survival genre.

TheNightFlier 12-12-07 08:12 PM

I wish they had gotten the Dirty Harry game out on time.

Jeremy517 12-12-07 08:13 PM

- Metroid Prime 1 and 2 redone with Wii controls. No other changes are necessary.
- A true sequel to Majora's Mask

CKMorpheus 12-12-07 09:30 PM

Pretty much all the games I wanted have been made...

I would like No One Lives Forever 3 and one day I hope 3D Realms starts working on Duke Nukem Forever.

Giantrobo 12-12-07 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by PopcornTreeCt
I wish for a Batman game that doesn't suck. I'd love a sandbox game that takes place in Gotham City. It would have to be very, very detailed, graphically amazing, I'd love for it to be based on Batman Begins and The Dark Knight. With Ras Ah Gul, Scarecrow, Joker, Two-face and other various villains.

THANK YOU!!! I would take ANY DC game that didn't suck. Justice League Heroes was decent but still....People only care about, and keep producing, Marvel games no matter how shitty they are. Marvel: Ultimate Alliance being the exception. Why can't we get a MUA type game with DC characters?

7Keys 12-12-07 09:38 PM

I wish for a Batman game that doesn't suck.

I was going to say the same thing.

Buckaroo Banzai 12-12-07 09:38 PM

I'd really like to see a Star Wars JRPG, similar in play style to FFVII or the like. I've played KOTOR to death, but it always seems to play so fast in combat. I want to think a little before I rush in with lightsabres swinging.

Also I think "ALIENS" done in the bioware gameplay fashion would be extremely cool. Nothing like sending a small squad of Colonial Marines into a nest of critters and promptly mowing them down with a pulse rifle or two.

Ian

chess 12-12-07 09:55 PM

Guitar Hero 1 & 2 for Wii.

Ocarina of Time Remake for Wii.

Resident Evil 5 for Wii.

Giantrobo 12-12-07 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Buckaroo Banzai

Also I think "ALIENS" done in the bioware gameplay fashion would be extremely cool. Nothing like sending a small squad of Colonial Marines into a nest of critters and promptly mowing them down with a pulse rifle or two.

Ian

I had this one on XBOX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliens_...or:_Extinction

The Bus 12-12-07 10:46 PM

A true open-world racing game. Eventually, your car upgrades would get more and more ridiculous to the point where you could drive 300mph and drive through buildings without being harmed.

Buckaroo Banzai 12-12-07 10:49 PM

Thanks Giantrobo, I've played that one. I was thinking more KOTOR than Srpg. Kind of over the shoulder stuff with lots of character customization and a kick ass script.

Ian

DVDChris 12-12-07 11:45 PM

I'd like to see an updated Super Tecmo Bowl with new rosters and slightly improved graphics. But keep the very simple gameplay.

Ephemeral_Life 12-12-07 11:45 PM

Asheron's Call 3
Colonization 2
More Gabriel Knight FMV games
More Wing Commander FMV games
Sequels to Thief I and II (Thief III was meh)
NOLF 3
Sequels to the Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion games
Sequel to the Alien Breed 3D series
Rock/Pop Band 2 (with synthesizer/keyboard)

DRG 12-12-07 11:59 PM

I would love a Resident Evil Outbreak game for Xbox 360 done in the Resident Evil 4 gameplay style, but keeping the Racoon City setting. (Outbreak was the short scenario-based online RE series for PS2). I loved the scenarios, melee and impromtu weapons, different characters, etc. of that series but think the multiplayer aspect would have worked better with RE4's over-the-shoulder perspective.

And while this would be impossible due to licensing costs, I'd love to see a game where the character could 'jump into' movies (sort of like the kid in Last Action Hero) to retrieve some key object from the film. So one level might be based on Star Wars, or Terminator, or Raiders, or Jurassic Park, or Goldfinger, or Aliens, or Ghostbusters, etc. It could recreate key moments from hit movies without the bloat that usually comes with stretching out the licenses into games. Again, impossible due to licensing but I think it would be cool.

boredsilly 12-13-07 12:30 AM

I want that too. I would love if they just tweaked Crackdown and made that Gotham. Have the various gangs represent the rogues. Just make the story a little more involved and presto.

While it might not be the exact Batman game I want, I have great hopes that at least Lego Batman will be fun. So there is that.

msdmoney 12-13-07 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus
A true open-world racing game. Eventually, your car upgrades would get more and more ridiculous to the point where you could drive 300mph and drive through buildings without being harmed.

Burnout Paradise is going to be a true open world racer, but without the driving through buildings.

Mordred 12-13-07 01:41 AM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Sounds like Auto Assault, too bad it sucked.

I just wish someone would license Car Wars and do it right. That tabletop game was cool as hell and would make a great MMORPG.

cartman 12-13-07 01:51 AM

Star Trek: Secret of Vulcan Fury

zero 12-13-07 04:20 AM

Beyond Good and Evil 2
Maximo 3
Time Crisis 4 for Wii
House of the Dead part 1 for Wii (the Saturn port hurts my eyes)
Radiant Silvergun (DS or Wii VC, or hell for Wii)
Double Dragon II remade in the the vein of the GBA Double Dragon part 1 remake, that was sooooo good.
Marvel VS... Collection for PS3 or XBox 360 w/online play. It would include XMen VS SF, Marvel Super Heroes VS SF, Marvel VS Cap 1, and Marvel VS Cap 2.
Soul Calibur III-Arcade Edition-A port to the PSP or PS3 w/online play would make the wait for Calibur IV a little easier, hell they did it for Tekken...
Mario Kart Arcade GP for Wii of course, but it has to have leaderboards for time attacks, and titles for different drivers.
Street Fighter III-Third Strike-for PSP or DS I'd love to take this game on the go, and yes somehow take the fight online.
A new Sly Cooper-need I say more? Ratchet got a new game why cant Sly?

I think I've run out of ideas...for now.

CreatureX 12-13-07 06:14 AM

1. Kid Icarus Wii
2. Punch-Out Wii
3. Resident Evil 2 Remake Wii (Done in RE4 style/engine)
4. Donkey Kong World (Mario Galaxy engine + DK Country gameplay)
5. Super Wario Bros. DS (Wario + Waluigi 2d sidescroller)