DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Gamerscore Challenge and $140,000 in prizes. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/519285-gamerscore-challenge-%24140-000-prizes.html)

argh923 03-14-08 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Liver&Onions
Look 6 posts up - you tell me, in uppercase no less, that it wasn't included in other challenges when I mention the grandfathering assumption. Yet, there's a post from FusionX which states that it was included as a no cheese. I realize you started this challenge - but I was talking past challenges, as were you when you said - and I quote.

Only thing is...I started those challenges as well.

argh923 03-14-08 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
Wrong, nothing was defined...

L&O asked for it to be defined when he joined it, before it launched.

The challenge was launched with the people who had joined at that point....

Then after that you posted :

And then shortly after that:

You would think with the amount of challenges you created and that fact that you wanted "no cheesing" so much, that you would have actually made everything clear before launching a challenge... but it seems like it is always after it is started.

I see your point. I'll argue, however, that I made that post before anyone had played any games at all. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that I posted it before the challenge officially started - you launch the challenge, but it doesn't begin until 3AM EST the following morning.

Music 03-14-08 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
I see your point. I'll argue, however, that I made that post before anyone had played any games at all. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure that I posted it before the challenge officially started - you launch the challenge, but it doesn't begin until 3AM EST the following morning.

True, but once you launch it, that is it.

People can't leave the challenge because what they want to play or planned on playing is now considered "cheesing".

I had more fun the past week not being in a challenge because I got to play what I wanted to play and didn't have to worry about someone crying that what I was playing was cheesing.

I can imagine the comments about me playing Fuzion Frenzy 2 if I was in the challenge.

HotThang 03-15-08 11:45 PM

Man! I missed a lot being in LA for 4 days! lol

So now that the contests are over (or are they?), anyone wanna play Fuzion Frenzy or Viva Pinata Party Animals or AI? LOL I actually wanna use my friends list for its intended purpose.

DVDChris 03-16-08 12:27 PM

I'd actually want to try some Viva Pinata Party Animals or AI. Send me an invite next time we see each other online.

Music 03-16-08 12:44 PM

Yup, I'm up for some Party Animals as well, still have the Party Crasher online achievement to get. Also if my wife is available at the time, she can join as well.

Don't have AI yet.

argh923 03-16-08 12:50 PM

Yeah, I'll try some Party Animals.

Music 03-16-08 01:02 PM

Alright, I just ordered AI, but it will be a little bit before I go online with it.... and if it is like Rock Bank or the KR game on the original Xbox.... then it will mostly be my wife playing it... cause those lying games say I can't sing....

Michael Corvin 03-16-08 02:48 PM

Turd, Chibul and Music, I'm down for Party Animals as well.

HotThang 03-16-08 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
Turd, Chibul and Music, I'm down for Party Animals as well.

:-(

Michael Corvin 03-16-08 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by HotThang
:-(

:lol: I missed your post.

HotThang 03-16-08 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
:lol: I missed your post.

You mean the ORIGINAL one asking if anyone wanted to play those games?

It's OK. I've lost two contests due to cheesing so my skin is thick.

(just kidding!)

Music 03-16-08 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by HotThang
It's OK. I've lost two contests due to cheesing so my skin is thick.

What? you got DQ'd? twice!?!? ;)

FusionX 03-16-08 10:08 PM

I'd be down for some Fuzion Frenzy, as well as trading achievements on Frontlines: FOW.

porieux 03-17-08 05:03 PM

I'd like to do some online AI sometime.

I think I may rent avatar while not in a challenge just so I can be 'avatar proof' in the future and not get rejected from challenges LOL.

porieux 03-19-08 05:16 PM

Anyone else join this massive challenge they are starting up?

And finally, HeNanigenz 510 is trying to win the world record for biggest gamerscore challenge. If you want to be a part of history (and possible break the challenge feature!) join up! Here is the info:

Come one come all for the first of many Big Fracking Challenges or BFC. 30 days of over a 100 gamers is looking to build the biggest gamer challenge ever. Currently the challenge is the biggest to date on 360voice and they hope pass over the 200 mark before the start time.

ETA launch: March 21st 11:55pm Pacific standard time.

If you would like to join this huge challenge and possible world record (6 comments down) please click here.

Rules: Just log on your 360 on March 20th and please no game saving. All gamer scores are welcome. Any questions or comments check out the forum thread here.
Kind of amusing that out of 170+ people the challenge simulator places me as the projected winner. Heh, as if!

Music 03-19-08 10:05 PM

I joined that challenge as well... figured... why not... nothing else going on, as far as I know.

I got AI today... and surprisingly I can sing.... just needed to keep at it for a bit till I warmed up and got used to a few songs.

Need to figure out a time to play Party Animals... as well as other online games... especially the ones that are pretty much dead and/or hard to get the needed achievements for...

Music 03-22-08 04:43 PM

I am in it and I have noticed the following gamer tags:

XShagrath
chibul329
flashburn2012
prot0typeNXT
dvdguy
DethBoxx

Anyone else in this huge challenge?

lotsofdvds 03-22-08 04:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Music
I am in it and I have noticed the following gamer tags:

dvdguy - member?

:wave:

Music 03-22-08 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by lotsofdvds
:wave:

LOL!

Yeah, I just searched in the gamer tag thread and went: oh yeah! :o

MangeM 03-22-08 05:33 PM

I'm also in it, gamertag is the same as my nick.

lotsofdvds 03-23-08 09:38 AM

Well this contest is clearly one big cheesefest. But I don't care. It's cool to see how much all of us can get our gamerscore up.

argh923 03-23-08 02:08 PM

Yeah I figured it would be, but it's for "bragging rights", so I care zero.

porieux 03-23-08 04:10 PM

Yeah no games are off limits on this one. I guess it's finally time to rent Avatar and get that over with LOL.

argh923 03-23-08 04:48 PM

About how long does it take to get the achievements in Open Season?