DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Gamerscore Challenge and $140,000 in prizes. (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/519285-gamerscore-challenge-%24140-000-prizes.html)

argh923 02-16-08 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by flashburn
Oh noes! What will I do without an invite from the royal Lord Wow!?

Seriously, this is stupid. Why do you expect me to follow some unofficial rules that I wasn't even aware of until well into the contest. Which even included adding Avatar to a imaginary "No play" list after the contest started. Way to be, Lord Wow, way to be.

You were definitely aware that we stated "No Avatar and no 2K6 games".

You're the only one in the entire contest that has "cheesed" his way through it.

To the 13 others...I'll start another one as soon as this joke is over, and we'll get a 15th that won't pull this crap.

Originally Posted by FusionX
Of course I was being sarcastic, its hilarious that people are upset over which games are played. As far as "casual," a 7K pick up in a month is quite casual by the usual 360Voice contest standards. I had to put almost 6K in a week run to win the one I was in. You're supposed to up your game in these contests, not play once a week and hope people do the same.

The whole point is to have a relaxed contest for DVDTalkers, where the winner can get a cool prize. Some may view this as "whining", but when we as a group set somewhat of a guideline (no Avatar/2K6 games), it's pretty shitty of someone to blatantly disregard it. Hell, I had Avatar here from Gamefly, and shipped it back solely because of that decision.

Anyway, as I said, I'll start another one as soon as this is over.

lordwow 02-16-08 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923

You're the only one in the entire contest that has "cheesed" his way through it.

To the 13 others...I'll start another one as soon as this joke is over, and we'll get a 15th that won't pull this crap.

The whole point is to have a relaxed contest for DVDTalkers, where the winner can get a cool prize. Some may view this as "whining", but when we as a group set somewhat of a guideline (no Avatar/2K6 games), it's pretty shitty of someone to blatantly disregard it. Hell, I had Avatar here from Gamefly, and shipped it back solely because of that decision.

Anyway, as I said, I'll start another one as soon as this is over.

:thumbsup:

I look forward to it, we're all really close, especially in the +1000s, it'd be great to play with most of you again.

argh923 02-16-08 02:07 PM

Actually, it may have to be a 10-person challenge...unless I'm seeing wrong, the 30 day prizes are gone. So it would run for two weeks. Still enough for a relaxed challenge.

Music 02-16-08 02:41 PM

http://www.5307thrangers.com/pics/cheesypoofs.jpg

Cheesy Poop?

flashburn 02-16-08 04:00 PM

Actually, I wasn't. After the contest started, that is when some of you decided to start making some rules. As far as I know, we didn't even agree on no 2k6 games, just no Avatar, which I agreed to.

Also, there are plenty of people playing "easy" games like Gun, Party Animals, TMNT, etc. You are just cranky because I played them all.

Music 02-16-08 04:15 PM

cranky... :grumble:

rotfl

Liver&Onions 02-16-08 04:31 PM

ok guys. Chill.

argh923 02-17-08 01:01 AM

Anyway, as I said, I'll start a new 10 person CASUAL challenge for us as soon as this one ends.

HotThang 02-17-08 07:04 AM

Chill out fellas! :-)

I think the only issue for me is that I joined this contest specifically because it was DVDTalk members so maybe I thought that meant the gamers would hold a little higher standard. The same reason most of us game with each other online because it weeds out the riff-raff. That being said I thought the contest would be a little less aggressive and more laid back but in the end it is a contest after all. :-)

Originally, abrg923 said no avatar and no 2k6 games. That was pretty much the only rule. Other than that, people should be able to play what they want. I pretty much knew I had no chance of winning because I am not a renter. If I play a game, I own it (and yeah I won a lot of "crap" games lol). It's been a fun competition and I have played games in my unplayed/unopened pile so that was a good side effect.

I'll definitely join the next competition but just make sure the rules are clear up front and not changed after the competition is underway. "crap games" is way subjective. LOL

Congrats to Flashburn! :-)

FusionX 02-17-08 07:52 AM

Yeah, anyone who played Gun, Party Animals, Scene It, or NFL Tour shouldn't really complain about easy points.

devilshalo 02-17-08 04:32 PM

Boo to me for playing difficult games like an idiot. :(

Schloob1 02-17-08 05:30 PM

Keep me posted for the next challenge, I was thinking I would not bother with this past one since I try not to even bother with these since my gamerscore is already a decent amount and have played most of the easier games so not really any chance to even try winning. From the looks of it I would have been doing alright in it. Heck, the last 2 week challenge I was in I had no chance and I scored almost 7K in that one. The winner ended up with almost 12K but when he started he only had a gamerscore of about 10K so he had plenty to choose from. Now that I am more limited in my games a casual challenge sounds like a lot more fun and something I could get into.

DVDChris 02-20-08 12:37 AM

Wow, even after we gave flashburn a hard time about 2k6 games, he goes and pulls out madden 06. Dude you won already. Pull out Avatar for good measure.

argh923 02-20-08 01:22 AM

No kidding.

New contest should be up and running tomorrow. I'll post it in this thread.

flashburn 02-20-08 05:14 AM

Originally Posted by DVDChris
Wow, even after we gave flashburn a hard time about 2k6 games, he goes and pulls out madden 06. Dude you won already. Pull out Avatar for good measure.

:lol: Sorry, I just couldn't help it. They were sitting on the stack of games that I borrowed from a friend. Figured no one would care since the contest was over. Oh, and I don't have Avatar. :)

I'm glad this damn challenge is over, so I can finally go back to playing good games (and less games). Thirty days was a bit much to devote to playing games for points. I don't know how those people who score 20k+ points in a 30 day contest can do it.

HotThang 02-20-08 06:51 AM

That was fun! The contest made me plow through Half Life 2, Portal, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and Hitman. Games that would have normally taken me months to complete. I even started up COD4. :-) So for every TMNT, and Party Animals, I had some good stuff too.

Good luck on the next contest! I think my wii is feeling neglected. :-)

argh923 02-20-08 10:15 AM

Starting it up!

http://www.360voice.com/join/LN8DH5X9

flashburn 02-20-08 10:21 AM

I signed up. :)

But don't worry, I'm completely done with playing all those stupid easy games and I have zero interest in actually trying to win. The next games on my plate to play are The Simpson's, Devil May Cry 4, Lost Odyssey and Culdcept.

I am seriously burnt out after the last challenge.

lordwow 02-20-08 10:47 AM

I've got a no chance on this one, since I'm going away for Spring Break the 2nd week of it (probably the 2nd week of it). But it encourages me to keep playing through my games, so I'll dos it.

argh923 02-20-08 11:32 AM

2 in, need 8 more!

Liver&Onions 02-20-08 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by FusionX
NFL Tour

Hey - I had to play that for a review :(

DVDChris 02-20-08 12:04 PM

I thought you can't join another challenge once you win??

argh923 02-20-08 12:04 PM

No offense, Flashburn, but you cheesed your way through the last one...this one is for everyone else.

argh923 02-20-08 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by DVDChris
I thought you can't join another challenge once you win??

Yeah, not sure what's up with that. Doesn't matter, though.

flashburn 02-20-08 12:05 PM

No offense, Flashburn, but you cheesed your way through the last one...this one is for everyone else.

:( Fine.