Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Part II

Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-08, 02:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ahh... I was so tempted to go through my first prestige with double XP over the weekend. But then I thought, "Do I really wanna go through all this crap again?"

I still want to complete all the Elite and Humiliation challenges this first go round. And the Assault Rifle challenges. And SMG challenges. And, um, LMG.

And Shotgun. Well, pretty much all the weapons classes.
Old 04-10-08, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally Posted by missingtoof
Ahh... I was so tempted to go through my first prestige with double XP over the weekend. But then I thought, "Do I really wanna go through all this crap again?"

I still want to complete all the Elite and Humiliation challenges this first go round. And the Assault Rifle challenges. And SMG challenges. And, um, LMG.

And Shotgun. Well, pretty much all the weapons classes.
Don't cave in. I'm doing the same thing right now.
Old 04-12-08, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I was just wondering since im pretty new to CoD4 is there any sorta etiquette as far as using perks? I was playing on Live today and someone criticized someone using juggernaut and also martyrdom.Also i thought Last Stand was kinda cool,at first anyway.Then again guys are using air strikes and helis so is it anything goes since after all it is in the game.
Old 04-12-08, 07:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 119 Likes on 107 Posts
Weapons of COD

We went to air show today (Blue Angles were there) and of course lots of military gear since we have 101st Airborne near here. One outfit that specializes in maintaining stuff from WWII, Korean and Nam had several vehicles plus fireams. The had a M14, German MP40 and the Soviet LMG. They had some sinper rifles from Germany and the Soviet model Mosin-Nagant as well. They had a fully funtional Jeep with a 50 Cal. mounted in the back, a fully equiped Medical Jeep from the Korean War and large size truck from Nam era with the 50 Cal in the back bed. The Navy was there and a Seal team had some good stuff.

Aircraft wise they had F-14's, F-16's, Apache copters, and a beautiful restored B-25. But the Blue Angles were flat out awesome. I guess if you look under "perfection" and "precision" you'll find the Blue Angles listed. When you see this stuff up close and first hand you really appreciate those that use it.

Kenny J - B4EvrYng
Old 04-12-08, 08:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by astrochimp
I was just wondering since im pretty new to CoD4 is there any sorta etiquette as far as using perks? I was playing on Live today and someone criticized someone using juggernaut and also martyrdom.Also i thought Last Stand was kinda cool,at first anyway.Then again guys are using air strikes and helis so is it anything goes since after all it is in the game.
People will bitch about anything online. Use what perks you like.

Just don't use martyrdom in Hardcore because it kills your team.
Old 04-12-08, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by xmiyux
Just don't use martyrdom in Hardcore because it kills your team.
I will try to remember that thanks
Old 04-12-08, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Can some please tell me how to strangle a dog the right way? I'm trying it on Veteran and the dog keeps overwhelming my choke holds. Do you hold down the right stick or press it repeatedly? The game tells me to press melee right before it bites; I try to do that and I still get killed.
Old 04-12-08, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

It is a total timing thing. You press too early and he bites your arm and then our throat. Too late and he eats your throat.

I think as soon as he starts lunging in you click the stick and i think i remember holding it clicked. I know i didn't push it repeatedly.
Old 04-13-08, 10:58 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Woow...that's a heck of a large show. This morning they were showing clips of the Blue Angels flying in a four plane formation. They reported the planes were an "average" of 2-3 foot apart!! We had 12-15 mph gusts all day on the ground so who knows what it was up there. That's some good footage you got.

Kenny J - B4EvrYng
Old 04-13-08, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
Damn right!

We have a big air show in Wisconsin every summer (Oshkosh - http://www.airventure.org/) with 10,000-15,000 aircraft flying in, and the highlight is always the military aircraft doing flyovers and often landing.

Last summer the day I went a couple B1 Lancers flew over (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B-1_Lancer), amazing how agile bombers are now. There was also an F22 Raptor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/F22) which was insane when it went into stealth mode, you could barely hear the thing and it was flying probably 300 yards from us. Then there was a C17 Globemaster (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-17_Globemaster_III) cargo plane that can use reverse thrusters to stop PDQ.

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6Ie_NiftWw&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6Ie_NiftWw&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

I agree, seeing this stuff fly by only a few hundred feet away really proves how awesome the machines and pilots are.
I flew on of these (or one similar) back when I was in the military (flew from Virgina to Italy non-stop) and just let me say...........the aircraft was nothing short of amazing and I could not believe how large it was inside - unreal.

You are dead on with your statement on how awesome the machines and pilots are.
Old 04-14-08, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The Deal of the Day at Amazon today is COD4 at $35 (both 360 and PS3).
Old 04-14-08, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Chew
The Deal of the Day at Amazon today is COD4 at $35 (both 360 and PS3).
Thanx, I ordered a replacement copy for my 'machine caused' scratched disc.

Chris
Old 04-14-08, 11:40 AM

yeah there isn't really an etiquette or anything besides no martyrdom/team killing on hardcore. pretty much anything goes. sure juggernaut or martyrdom is annoying (esp. juggernaut), but if you have the right perks to counter it, then you are fine.
Old 04-14-08, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah there is no 'proper' use of perks...

use what you like...

i usually go 3 frags, stopping power, and hip shot or martyrdom for me...

pick a powerful weapon, like the M16 or the AK47 or AK74 or M14(especially), and add stopping power and you can really tell the difference...
Old 04-15-08, 12:06 PM

man i finally completed the think fast and think fast stun challenges for the first time in 7 prestiges. those challenges are just so hard to complete.
Old 04-15-08, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by forsho01
man i finally completed the think fast and think fast stun challenges for the first time in 7 prestiges. those challenges are just so hard to complete.
I'm not sure if I've ever gotten any of them either. I'm on my 3rd(?) prestige now.
Old 04-15-08, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: Home of the UF Gators and Nat'l Championships, Gainesville, FL
People complain but if you use Stopping Power it cancels out the Juggernaut perk. let them complain and use what you like.
Old 04-15-08, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I think tonight I may just jump back into this game. I stopped playing when I sent my 360 in for repairs ages ago. When my system came back I was worried I would suck. I have a serious game drought going on so I really want to jump back in and get the new maps for this and Halo 3 and start playing both on a regular basis.
Old 04-15-08, 07:54 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally Posted by forsho01
I've gotten a few of those, and it's always been 100% luck. Like throwing a flash nade into a second-floor window and hitting a guy who's already been shot by a teammate and getting the kill. The easiest way is probably finding someone down in Last Stand and chuckin something at him, but it's tough to keep yourself from shooting the bastard.
Old 04-15-08, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks everyone for the thoughts on using perks.Really enjoying the game on Live.Im up to a 20 so its nice to finally see a few people lower than me when i join a match now and of course nice to have some new weapons
Old 04-19-08, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
I bought COD2 when it first came out and skipped COD3 due to it not being handled by Infinity Ward. I have to say I am immensely pleased with COD4 so far, especially since I got it for only $36. The single-player is phenomenal and IMHO console/HT demo material.
Old 04-19-08, 03:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Is some or most still playing Monday nights? I'm going to try but I've had to pass on the last two Friday nights due to the passing of my wife's Dad. Just had to hold off for awhile but Monday maybe ok?

Kenny J - B4EvrYng
Old 04-20-08, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Hank Ringworm
I've gotten a few of those, and it's always been 100% luck. Like throwing a flash nade into a second-floor window and hitting a guy who's already been shot by a teammate and getting the kill. The easiest way is probably finding someone down in Last Stand and chuckin something at him, but it's tough to keep yourself from shooting the bastard.
I get lots of the challenge events to happen but only when the actual challenge has not yet been unlocked. Then once they, are I spend the whole time trying to repeat it. Wish it queued it until the challenge is unlocked

Oh and WTF. Playing on Countdown and I have a Helicopter circling around. Someone on my own team shoots it down, and then I see his name pop up as he called in his own copter. Bullshit...
Old 04-20-08, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'm starting on the SMG for the gold...

i had forgotten how awesome that AK74u with silencer and stopping power was...
Old 04-21-08, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Jamieson22
Oh and WTF. Playing on Countdown and I have a Helicopter circling around. Someone on my own team shoots it down, and then I see his name pop up as he called in his own copter. Bullshit...
I didn't know it was possible for a team member to shoot down your chopper. That would seriously piss me off.

Anyway - did anyone win any goodies during the Live Fire Weekend?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.