Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Part II

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-08, 01:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm on my first time around on Prestige...back up to level 32 so far. I think I'm going to stay on this one and go for the gold weapons. So far I don't have anything in a tiger red or blue camo, and that's what I'm...'shooting' for.

= J
Old 02-11-08, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bought COD4 used, gonna be online kickin' ass very soon
Old 02-13-08, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
a buddy of mine that plays on XBOX 360...

never went prestige...

he just completed every single challenge, and has every gold weapon...

that's cool stuff to me...
Old 02-13-08, 02:30 PM

From CharlieOscarDelta.com:

Great News! The new feature patch I talked about last week (with new Kill Cams, Host Migration, and other new features) for the Xbox 360 has finished it’s internal testing and development and has officially been sent off to Microsoft for Certification. It’s only a matter of Microsoft putting it through the certification paces and it will be available for download for all Xbox 360 players.

If you forgot, keep reading to re-cap on all the new features this patch brings to players.

As for the Playstation 3 version of this patch, it’s currently finishing up it’s final internal testing (which I’m expecting to go very quickly) and should be heading off to Sony for it’s own certification in the near future, I’ll post that and full details on what that includes when that time comes.

New Kill Cams

We’ve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those “WTF!” grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say…… whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203’s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration:

Now you won’t have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that we’ve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy:

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I’m a horrible sniper), but now it’s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more “WTF I know I hit that guy!” moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam:

Now when you’re in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever you’re watching.

Quick Mute Option

Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.
Old 02-13-08, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
a buddy of mine that plays on XBOX 360...

never went prestige...

he just completed every single challenge, and has every gold weapon...

that's cool stuff to me...
that's what i plan on doing after i'm done with all prestiges.
Old 02-16-08, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by alxreys
From CharlieOscarDelta.com:

Great News! The new feature patch I talked about last week (with new Kill Cams, Host Migration, and other new features) for the Xbox 360 has finished it’s internal testing and development and has officially been sent off to Microsoft for Certification. It’s only a matter of Microsoft putting it through the certification paces and it will be available for download for all Xbox 360 players.

If you forgot, keep reading to re-cap on all the new features this patch brings to players.

As for the Playstation 3 version of this patch, it’s currently finishing up it’s final internal testing (which I’m expecting to go very quickly) and should be heading off to Sony for it’s own certification in the near future, I’ll post that and full details on what that includes when that time comes.

New Kill Cams

We’ve added new Kill Cams for everything. So now those “WTF!” grenades that seemingly come from no where, you can see that a guy threw it over the house, it hit a tree branch, bounced off a rock, into a tiny window, where you happened to be pointing out of, and say…… whoa. Follow behind RPGs and M203’s kill cams, claymores, Airstrikes where you can follow the bomb from the plane until it hits you.

Host Migration:

Now you won’t have to be dropped back by yourself when a host leaves. Instead, everyone will stay together, a new host will be assigned, and the game will auto-start back up. Keeping everyone together, no more re-inviting, re-joining games because some host leaves. This has been a tall order and something that we’ve put a lot of work into which has allowed us to really optimize online play all around not just specifically with Host migration.

Improved Sniper / ACOG Accuracy:

Sniper and ACOG scopes have been tweaked and are really improved. I use to not snipe at all (mainly because I’m a horrible sniper), but now it’s so much more fluid and natural, while still having the same difficulty to use, it has no more “WTF I know I hit that guy!” moments.

Upgraded Spectator Cam:

Now when you’re in spectator mode you can follow them in 3rd person, switch to their first person view, or rotate the camera in a full 360 degrees around whoever you’re watching.

Quick Mute Option

Users will now be able to quick mute players on the fly by pulling up the scoreboard in-game or via the lobby by simply going to their name and hitting the mute assigned button. As quickly as calling in and designating an airstike. So no longer getting killed while trying to make your way through the Xbox blades for the mute option so you can shut up the guy who always seems to find it funny to sing into his mic or cover up for his lack of skill by telling you how to play Domination his way.
Old 02-16-08, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

any word on this for PS3?...
Read the intro again. It talks about the PS3.
Old 02-17-08, 08:39 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
The improvements noted above are okay but I'm sick & tired of the pussies who drop grenades when killed and even more sick of the last stand assholes. I've shot a guy in the head sufficiently to kill him but he's got that last stand bullshit. Enough is enough. And those grenade kills shouldn't count once you're dead. Absolute bullshit. I'm done with this game.
Old 02-17-08, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Read the intro again. It talks about the PS3.
yeah... i was just wondering about details...

i saw an article on another site that said they were trying to enhance some of the features of the patch on the PS3 to take advantage of the greater processing power...

but the character features would be the same... like staying on groups and etc...
Old 02-17-08, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ytrez
The improvements noted above are okay but I'm sick & tired of the pussies who drop grenades when killed and even more sick of the last stand assholes. I've shot a guy in the head sufficiently to kill him but he's got that last stand bullshit. Enough is enough. And those grenade kills shouldn't count once you're dead. Absolute bullshit. I'm done with this game.
Solutions to both of your problems...

1. Don't go near the guy after he falls on the ground if you hear a grenade drop...
2. Follow people down with your bullets as you shoot them.

It's really not that hard. Oh, and try playing Hardcore. Almost no one uses Martyrdom there. Plus it's more fun anyway.

= J
Old 02-17-08, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

For some reason this absolutely cracks me up. I like the Last Stand and Martyrdom perks - they make you think. Close up kill then get the hell away in case there is a nade. If someone is running Martyrdom you let your team know. It is a situational awareness thing. Last Stand can be frustrating when they pistol you across a huge distance but you learn who is running it and who isn't. Then you strafe down their body to automatically finish them off.

I really like the variety the perks bring to the game.

edit: Essentially exactly what Tarantino said, just less succinct and worse formatting.

Last edited by xmiyux; 02-17-08 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-17-08, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by xmiyux
For some reason this absolutely cracks me up. I like the Last Stand and Martyrdom perks - they make you think. Close up kill then get the hell away in case there is a nade. If someone is running Martyrdom you let your team know. It is a situational awareness thing. Last Stand can be frustrating when they pistol you across a huge distance but you learn who is running it and who isn't. Then you strafe down their body to automatically finish them off.

I really like the variety the perks bring to the game.

edit: Essentially exactly what Tarantino said, just less succinct and worse formatting.
I agree. I absolutely love Martyrdom. The only people who get killed by it are those who are within close range and usually in my experience are people who spray and pray. The sniper or someone who picks you off isn't affected by it at all. I also have yet to be killed by someone in last stand by doing exactly has been mentioned. I also always kill them when I see someone in last stand position.
Old 02-17-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

martyrdom gets mostly new players... it doesn't make a big difference in the game...

i like last stand players because it makes it easy for me to steal other guy's kills when they lack the skill to deal with that perk and die... i get the kill points they get an assist...

and i get a LOT of head shots on those last stand guys on the ground... it's a gimme head shot...

speaking of which i've got everything tiger red except the G36 which is blue, the G3 which is digital, and the MP44... gold weapon here i come!!!
Old 02-18-08, 12:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 730 Likes on 532 Posts
I like using martyrdom... especially in heavily fortified spots on games in shipment, vacant or bog. I just rush the bunker and say prayers to Allah.

Old 02-18-08, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I see Martyrdom being used a lot on Hardcore servers. Especially helpful on the Shipment map
Old 02-18-08, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I disagree about Martyrdom because of suicide bombers. However, I agree Last Stand is bullshit. You blow a guys head off with a shotgun and he falls down and starts shooting his pistol? C'mon.
Old 02-18-08, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Easy
I disagree about Martyrdom because of suicide bombers. However, I agree Last Stand is bullshit. You blow a guys head off with a shotgun and he falls down and starts shooting his pistol? C'mon.
Doesn't a headshot negate last stand?
Old 02-18-08, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Martyrdom is amazing, and it's damn easy to avoid most of the time. Either shoot somebody from a good distance, or run like hell after you knife them.

However last stand can be pretty lame. Sometimes I literally have to reload my automatic after I finish killing people who have it on. It takes a full clip. That's why I just snipe 'em in the face instead and then last stand is no longer a problem.
Old 02-19-08, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by lordwow
Doesn't a headshot negate last stand?
I've headshot people with double tap on and they still go into last stand. IIRC, only knifing someone negates it.
Old 02-19-08, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

perks like those keep the game interesting and varied...

it keeps the skill level requirement up and the repetiveness down...

they're cool... and they force you to learn to cope with things beyond simply shooting the person...
Old 02-19-08, 11:46 AM

i can't use last stand. i can never get enough ammo into someone where they actually die. i end up just using last stand once the challenge comes up and do it just once to get the 50 pts. after that i go back to martyrdom.
Old 02-20-08, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

got a new headset... the Jabra bt500 is the best one i've used yet... stays registered on the PS3... excellent audio... and cheap to boot...

i like it...
Old 02-20-08, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They don't go into last stand if you get a head shot.
Old 02-28-08, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i finally got that POS G3 to red tiger... i hate that weapon...an HK .308 is a hell of a weapon IRL... the M14 rocks... but that G3 is worthless IMO...

so all of the assault rifles are red tiger now except the MP44... which with the double tap perk is a hell of a weapon...

it's digital now...

when it's red tiger the Gold AK-47 is mine...

i'm so glad to be done with that G3...
Old 02-28-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

i finally got that POS G3 to red tiger... i hate that weapon...an HK .308 is a hell of a weapon IRL... the M14 rocks... but that G3 is worthless IMO...

so all of the assault rifles are red tiger now except the MP44... which with the double tap perk is a hell of a weapon...

it's digital now...

when it's red tiger the Gold AK-47 is mine...

i'm so glad to be done with that G3...
I'm pretty close .. almost done with the G3 and MP44. I think I'm going to have a heck of a time with the M14.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.