Reload this Page >

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Part II

Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Part II

Old 02-06-08, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 462 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by aktick
So if I go to my privacy settings (360), and make voice and text "Friends Only," then I'm in a party with a friend, I will only be able to hear him and only he will be able to hear me?
Pretty much.
Old 02-06-08, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Defeats the whole ability to work together as a team, though.
Old 02-06-08, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by abrg923
I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but I agree with you. The decent people far outwiegh the assholes on XBL it's just that said assholes are much more noticeable. You can always mute the one or two guys in a room and not have to hear them but not being able to communicate with your team at all defeats the purpose of playing team based gametypes. Just my opinion
Old 02-06-08, 01:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never understood the point of Prestige, personally. You already proved you could get to 55 - why go through it again?
Yeah, I just got up to my Level 55 on Prestige 2 and that's where I'm staying. I'd much rather go for the Golden Guns from here on (halfway to the M60).
Old 02-06-08, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

If you're playing with strangers, I don't think it matters... half the time I play domination or sabotage and no amount of communication helps when you get stuck on a bad team. I don't have time to figure out and remember your gamertag to tell you someone is behind you or to go right or left or to follow me or to clear a path. Or I'm yelling at the people camping just top rack up kills.

And in FFA games, either it's silent or you get one or two shit talkers.
Old 02-06-08, 01:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by devilshalo
If you're playing with strangers, I don't think it matters... half the time I play domination or sabotage and no amount of communication helps when you get stuck on a bad team. I don't have time to figure out and remember your gamertag to tell you someone is behind you or to go right or left or to follow me or to clear a path. Or I'm yelling at the people camping just top rack up kills.

And in FFA games, either it's silent or you get one or two shit talkers.
Pretty much where I'm at. I think it'd be a blast to actually use some strategy and communicate with everybody, but it seems like I'm always in a game with a bunch of idiots and one or two friends, and having to listen to the idiots makes it hard to communicate with others to accomplish something.

Plus I don't play enough that I know where everything is or how all the maps are laid out exactly and am just simply not real good, so I end up getting bitched at by 12 year olds for not being good enough...so it just seems easier to have things set to Friends Only than mute half my team each game.

Last edited by aktick; 02-06-08 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-06-08, 01:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kakihara1
I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not, but I agree with you. The decent people far outwiegh the assholes on XBL it's just that said assholes are much more noticeable. You can always mute the one or two guys in a room and not have to hear them but not being able to communicate with your team at all defeats the purpose of playing team based gametypes. Just my opinion
Not being sarcastic at all...I agree completely. I know it annoys the shit out of me when I'm playing a team-based game and people are in private chat.

For those complaining...you should get in games with some of us. Hell, I'm the worst player out there, and I still have a blast...we actually work together.
Old 02-06-08, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I only have my headset on when i am gaming with friends. If i am alone i keep everything unplugged and just play team DM.
Old 02-06-08, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

For those complaining...you should get in games with some of us. Hell, I'm the worst player out there, and I still have a blast...we actually work together.
I just notice a difference now that my prefs are for Friends only.. especially since I have a group of 4 - 6 people that I always play with. Communication is up and less cluttered. Plus we refer to everything laid out on a Domination map. We get familiar with and use the flag spots as markers for any style game.

It was fun and interesting to play in the DVDTalk HC matches and it's a matter of time learning peoples names. Once I figured out it was friendly fire I went less grenade happy. Tho it was cute to see a buncha people running in a group down an alley when I have my G36 ready to get my airstrike.
Old 02-06-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matome
Yeah, I just got up to my Level 55 on Prestige 2 and that's where I'm staying. I'd much rather go for the Golden Guns from here on (halfway to the M60).
lol...

i'm 55 at prestige 3...

doing the same... i think we mentioned that earlier in this thread...

i'm going gold on the AK... i've got the M-16 red tiger... the AK Blue tiger close to red... the M4 red tiger... the G36 blue tiger... the G3 in digital... the M14 in blue tiger near red(i have discovered i freaking love the M-14, it may be my favorite), haven't started on the last german assault rifle MP44 (in fact that rifle was literally the first assault rifle, in fact 'assault rifle' is a translation of the name of it 'Sturmgewehr' which meant 'storm rifle', in which storm meant assault, everyone in the world took note as you can tell, and the assault rifle remains to this day the #1 weapon for warfare) real Sturmgewehr go for a pretty penny today... a friend of mine owns one...

i'm looking forward to the gold...
Old 02-07-08, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I'll probably go for gold on LMG, SMG and the Shotguns. Assault would probably give me a hard time as I think there are one or two single single shot rifles on there, which would take me forever to get 150 headshots on.
Old 02-07-08, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by REL77
Keep playing, as your rank up, you unlock much better weapons and perks... Just keep playing

Better perks yes, but the best gun on the game is the m16 and that is unlocked from the beginning.
Old 02-07-08, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Sticky Bomb
Better perks yes, but the best gun on the game is the m16 and that is unlocked from the beginning.
I wouldn't say it's the best.. it's a matter of preference. I end up using the G36 a lot. And the P90.. well, that is always a shipment fave.

A friend made this comment to me: that I am at a disadvantage because I have a small tv (27" and 32") as compared to those that have 40"+ size screens. It's probably why I'm not so good at using the sniper rifles.
Old 02-07-08, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Sticky Bomb
damn straight...

my red tiger M-16 and an ACOG, or silencer, equals death for the enemy...

add stopping power, also available from the first... and i'm death incarnate...

i got 22 kills and 3 deaths in FFA the other night... 15 kill streak...
Old 02-07-08, 06:46 PM

So, how great is this on Live? Does it match the Socom 1 days?
Old 02-07-08, 06:53 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by DullandWitless
For me.. and I just bought my Xbox last month, it gives me the feel of SOCOM:FTB. Although a revive game would be damn_interesting.
Old 02-07-08, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Speaking from someone that waited horus in line for the PS2 network adapter, and failed a college coarse cause I played SOCOM so much, COD4 is by far better in every aspect possible. SOCOM was great, but honestly, COD is great. IMO the only thing COD needs online is driveable vehicles (ala BF2:MC). Most of the maps are certainly not big enough for them though which is the prob, but for just ground combat, its top notch.
Old 02-07-08, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I for one don't want vehicles in the game. Leave those to the Battlefront folks.
Old 02-08-08, 02:23 AM

Originally Posted by REL77
Speaking from someone that waited horus in line for the PS2 network adapter, and failed a college coarse cause I played SOCOM so much, COD4 is by far better in every aspect possible. SOCOM was great, but honestly, COD is great. IMO the only thing COD needs online is driveable vehicles (ala BF2:MC). Most of the maps are certainly not big enough for them though which is the prob, but for just ground combat, its top notch.
Ha, sounds like me. I spent many, uh weeks, and maybe months going 24/7 on that game.

A sad, yet very exciting time in my life, lol. I'd do it again.
Old 02-08-08, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

i don't know if anything ever will...

i mean there is no argument SOCOM took it to the next level...

COD4 is a better game... but there is something to the 1st one of anything... nostalgia...

like Sykes said in 'The Wild Bunch'... "it ainít like it used to beÖ but itíll do"...
Old 02-08-08, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

hi my name is RAven5670 and i am addicted to HQ..... i have played HQ since my first prestige mode and i cant find a way to stop... i have now prestiged 5 times and with HQ's being so addictive i dont think i will ever...

my gun that takes me there is the M4 with ASCOPE....Stopping Power and Martydom... Bandolier as well...
Old 02-08-08, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
i don't know if anything ever will...

i mean there is no argument SOCOM took it to the next level...

COD4 is a better game... but there is something to the 1st one of anything... nostalgia...

like Sykes said in 'The Wild Bunch'... "it ainít like it used to beÖ but itíll do"...

I think I may get it this weekend or maybe next.

So, $50 for Live, $70 for Router, $50 for COD4....
Old 02-08-08, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 661 Likes on 534 Posts
Use your free month of Live, hope a deal comes out in the next month, get a cheaper router and buy CoD4 used from Gamestop (see coupon below) or half.com/ebay. And you are goooooood.

Last edited by RichC2; 02-08-08 at 02:02 PM.
Old 02-08-08, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think I may get it this weekend or maybe next.

So, $50 for Live, $70 for Router, $50 for COD4....
why do you need a router?... just pop the cat 5/6 in a switch, or even hub, and you're up...

no need to spend that... unless you MUST go wireless...
Old 02-08-08, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Mabuse
why do you need a router?... just pop the cat 5/6 in a switch, or even hub, and you're up...

no need to spend that... unless you MUST go wireless...
Y'know, this is true. The fiancee isn't home or won't be home 99% of the time when I get the urge to play online, so I guess I really don't need a router. Good thinking, as I am not using my head.

Thanks for the coupon above!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.