DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   GameznFlix (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/517325-gameznflix.html)

House 11-15-07 10:25 AM

GameznFlix

Has anyone received any of the new games from them in the mail? I've had Orange Box in my que since like 2 weeks before it's release, and I still haven't received it yet. I have AC and Kane & Lynch in my que as well now, but I'm not holding my breath.

Noonan 11-15-07 10:31 AM

I guy I work with uses their service. I've heard nothing but horror stories from him about never receiving games. It's too bad. I was very close to canceling Netflix and making the switch to them.

House 11-15-07 10:40 AM

I just read that somebody had Kane & Lynch already shipped to them by gamefly, I'm really thinking about joining them.

House 11-15-07 10:53 AM

k I just quit gameznflix and joined gamefly. Lets see how long it takes me to get these games now.

squidget 11-15-07 11:44 AM

gameznflix is terrible. Games stay queued forever and when they finally ship it takes a week+
I used gamefly for about a year and for the most part was please with their service. I got new games shipped to me right away and if your PO is inside there fastship program, they will ship you your next game as soon as the PO scans the previous one in.

PixyJunket 11-15-07 12:18 PM

How do you find out if the post office is part of the fast ship program?

Shagrath 11-15-07 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by squidget
gameznflix is terrible. Games stay queued forever and when they finally ship it takes a week+

I've had Gameznflix since May or so with their 11.75 for 3 out coupon and don't have a thing to complain about. I've gotten crazy amounts of games and movies from them and hardly ever have to wait for more than a couple of days shipping. Granted, most, if not all of the games I've put in my queue have been older titles, but it's stuff I hadn't played, so it didn't bother me any.

If you want the latest and greatest, GameFly is probably the way to go. If you want to run through some older games or have a service that does both movies and games, I can't complain about GNF. I'm probably their only supporter. :)

House 11-15-07 12:58 PM

If they had the game in stock I got the game fast. LIke you said, the problem is they never have the new games, which is the main reason I want the service, because there soo many good new games out, and I can't afford to buy them.

House 11-15-07 03:01 PM

OMG!!! Kane and lynch, and Assasins creed have already shipped! I joined gamefly at like 11am today!

Michael Corvin 11-15-07 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

From what I gather it is a crapshoot. I've spoken to a couple different postal employees about it. It is only done at the main distribution center here because that is the only machine/scanner in the city. Even at that, it's still up to the postal employee to scan it.

Since I joined GF back in July I've had a total of 3 games get Fast Returned.

RichC2 11-15-07 03:17 PM

Gamefly is fast with shipping, but I live in Florida and everything tends to come from City of Industry in California :(. But I'm liking them thus far.

I'm spoiled by Netflix (Return on Tuesday, new title on Thursday).

squidget 11-15-07 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by PixyJunket

CAG has a thread about people reporting about their local PO's - I did the trail and error method. I would mail games from different PO's in my area since I'm on the border of distrubition centers. When I used their service, every game I had was fast returned as long as I used a certain set of PO's. One of them is the one my office use so I would just drop the disc in outgoing at work.

House 11-16-07 08:16 AM

Once a game has shipped how soon can I except to see the it in the mail? I live in Indianapolis, and my shipping center is in Pittsburgh.

Shagrath 11-16-07 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by House
Once a game has shipped how soon can I except to see the it in the mail? I live in Indianapolis, and my shipping center is in Pittsburgh.

With GamezNFlix, the games come from whatever center has the game, so it can be really quick or a few days. However, I see that recently they've changed to shipping back to your closest center. Before, every single item shipped back to their HQ in Kentucky. Now, for me, they ship to a city that's about 20 minutes from here, so they're always checked in the next day and another one shipped out that same night or next morning.

House 11-16-07 09:07 AM

Actually I'm talking about Gamefly. I dumped Gameznflix yesterday and picked up gamefly :). Once GZFX would ship I would have it within 2 days. Problem is they never ship!

argh923 11-16-07 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by House

I live in Muncie...I average two days, occasionally three.

raven56706 11-17-07 08:21 AM

i just buy games now. I am tired of the rental service. i just buy on ebay.

House 11-19-07 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by abrg923
I live in Muncie...I average two days, occasionally three.

Thanks. The games didn't come in Saturday, so I'm hoping they will be here today.

House 11-20-07 12:32 PM

So both of these games were shipped on the same day, but i only receive one of them yesterday. What is up with that?

House 11-29-07 12:31 PM

I sent kane & Lynch back on Tuesday, my Q is still showing the game is out. Is this normal?

Kill Major Nels 12-18-07 10:37 AM

Just wanted to tell everybody not to rent your games or movies from GameZ'n'Flix! They have been reported to the Better Business Bureau for fraud. Just wanted to give a heads up to everyone who's thinking of signing up for their web site, don’t they will over charge your credit card. 94 people have reported GameZnFlix to the Better Buisness Bureau in the last 3 months. Something is wrong, these 94 people can be all at fault!

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl....html#comments

Kill Major Nels 01-06-08 09:35 AM

Finally!

Yes, finally got my money back from credit card company! Up yours GameZnFlix, gamers and online DVD renter beware of the big bend over. If you use GameZnFlix eventually you will be bent over backwards! :chainsaw: