DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   20% off any one item at Kmart (400.00 80 gig ps3, 390.00 360 elite, ect ect) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/516928-20%25-off-any-one-item-kmart-400-00-80-gig-ps3-390-00-360-elite-ect-ect.html)

mrmagoo 11-11-07 10:11 AM

20% off any one item at Kmart (400.00 80 gig ps3, 390.00 360 elite, ect ect)

Call me blind, but I did not see this posted anywhere on dvdtalk forums (i checked the video game one, hot deals, and the store forum) (which is quite shocking to me) I first learned about it a few days ago at CAG. Here is the thread

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...d.php?t=158791

You will get all the info you need there, but basically kmart has a coupon that starts today that lets you get any one item for 20% off, if you do the math you can get a pretty good deal on a system. As you will see by the end of the thread over there, its working like a charm, people are going down today and snagging up systems left and right. Just so you know, if your in the Batavia, NY area our Kmart DOES have these coupons by the pharmacy. I picked up quite a few last night :D Good Luck!

steebo777 11-12-07 12:33 PM

Dang I wish I had some disposable income right now for a PS3.

Absolute Zero 11-13-07 07:52 AM

I was in a Super K yesterday and there was a stack at the conter in the video game section.....how convenient!

tlwizard 11-13-07 02:49 PM

The Kmart at Astor Place, NY has a bunch of the coupons downstairs at the pharmacy. The coupons are in a Cold and Flu coupon packet.

Thinking about picking up a 360... can't decide.

Goldblum 11-13-07 04:01 PM

Couldn't find the coupons at my K-mart. I checked the weekly flyer they have in the front of the store...nothing. I also checked the Holiday Video Game Guide they have by the console games...nothing. :(

mrmagoo 11-13-07 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Goldblum
Couldn't find the coupons at my K-mart. I checked the weekly flyer they have in the front of the store...nothing. I also checked the Holiday Video Game Guide they have by the console games...nothing. :(

According to the thread over at CAG, (see my first post) MANY people are using printouts and Kmarts all over have been accepting them!!!

Shilex 11-14-07 11:19 AM

I went to three K-marts in my area and not one had any PS3s in stock or the coupon books in the pharmacy. I'm gonna wait till Friday to see if they restock.

aktick 11-14-07 11:47 AM

Remember, there is a similar coupon that is good from this Sunday to Wednesday, so you've got a while for them to hopefully get things in stock. I might try to get a Rock Band bundle next week if they get some in. $136 before tax. :thumbsup:

kms_md 11-14-07 02:25 PM

wow - thanks for the heads up. i went to a local k-mart and asked for the coupon book in the pharmacy (IIRC it is called "here to help - cold and flu season"). this store had the 80GB PS3 which rang up for 499 - 100 = 399 + tax. not too bad.

TOLEN 11-15-07 12:54 PM

Called my local K-Mart and they said they had 2 of the 80gb ps3's left. So I printed the coupon and headed down there. Walked in with some other guy...Had a feeling he was going for a ps3 also. But, I stopped by the pharmacy and they had the coupon book. So I grabbed it since it was better to the have an original. Got to the desk as the guy was asking the clerk about the PS3's. The guy said he needed 2. I said I needed one too. He was cool and said I could have one. He also had the coupon. The clerk gave us no hassle about the coupon. Only thing he said was that we got a good deal with the price drop and the discount.

:D

steebo777 11-16-07 10:10 AM

Man I want to get this sooooooo bad, but there's just too many other things my money needs to go to right now :(

kms_md 11-16-07 09:23 PM

fyi, deal is dead at my local kmart. YMMV. but it was good while it lasted.

Shilex 11-17-07 10:13 AM

I just got a 40 gig yesterday from my Kmart. They finally restocked (but only had 40 gigs). I used a coupon I printed online (the checkout guy barely even knew what a PS3 was). Worked for me!

btbrossard 11-17-07 03:11 PM

My wife works as a supervisor at a k-mart and was told to no longer accept printouts of the coupon. However, they are still accepting the originals (and have a big stack at the service desk).

The coupon works even with an employee discount, so you can get 30% off an item. We got another 360 (20 gb) last night for $249.

Good deal if you ask me.

kms_md 11-17-07 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by btbrossard
My wife works as a supervisor at a k-mart and was told to no longer accept printouts of the coupon. However, they are still accepting the originals (and have a big stack at the service desk).

The coupon works even with an employee discount, so you can get 30% off an item. We got another 360 (20 gb) last night for $249.

Good deal if you ask me.

i wonder if incorrect or incomplete info is being forwarded to stores. the store i was at last night would not accept an authentic coupon in electronics. i may try a different store tomorrow with next week's coupon. i already picked up a PS3, but i also am planning on giving a nano as a gift and 20% off that is not a bad deal.

btbrossard 11-18-07 09:48 AM

As of today, a retraction to the coupon has been put in place and it can no longer be used for any home electronics item.

Bummer...

kms_md 11-18-07 11:31 AM

As of today, a retraction to the coupon has been put in place and it can no longer be used for any home electronics item.

Bummer...

i ran into this yesterday and today.

Trevor 11-18-07 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by kms_md
i ran into this yesterday and today.

Probably a good thing for me, I was trying to avoid another unneeded purchase.

steebo777 11-19-07 08:41 AM

Finally I can not worry about not buying this.