DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Help me decide (psp): Jeanne D'Arc or FF tactics (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/515897-help-me-decide-psp-jeanne-darc-ff-tactics.html)

Fok 10-31-07 01:53 AM

Help me decide (psp): Jeanne D'Arc or FF tactics

Title says it all. Heard that graphics are better in Jeanne D'Arc.

nickdawgy 10-31-07 02:12 AM

Get Tactics.

Jtnguyen12 10-31-07 08:49 AM

Get Tactics = is longer & It kickass game ever. MSRP $40 for new game instead $150+ for PS1 version. I played Jeanne D'Arc & i really like it the game is very good :)

Get them both if u can :)

Yavin 10-31-07 08:59 AM

I just went with both :)

Chris_D 10-31-07 10:30 AM

The 3D graphics are so sweet in Jeanne, and from what I understand, the interface of FFT hasn't really been upgraded from the PS1 version and is gonna seem pretty clunky in comparison. I definitely can't see myself going back to FFT, even on PSP. I'd be more likely to pick up Disgaea but I already own that on PS2.

Btw, is the PS1 version really so expensive? I mean, there was at least one greatest hits iteration of it, which is the copy I own.

Setzer 10-31-07 11:04 AM

If you haven't played FFT before, then get it, otherwise get Jeanne D'Arc.

Lastblade 10-31-07 11:07 AM

FFT is solid, but graphics are dated and the gameplay hasn't at all. I personally love Jeanne D'Arc, more personality, better graphics (way better) and battles seem to flow smoother.

darkside 10-31-07 06:17 PM

I own both and if you have never played FF Tactics it is the better game in my opinion. However, both games are must owns on the PSP. Jeanne starts a bit slow, but really gets good about a third of the way in and is a great tactical RPG.

boston george 10-31-07 06:21 PM

Have you ever played a SRPG before? If not I'd get Jeanne first, it's easier and an awesome game.

If you're comfortable with the genre and have never played FFT get it first.

But yeah definitely get both eventually. And then get Disgaea.

driv3 10-31-07 06:46 PM

i played tactics 3 times on the ps1
once on the jp ver
and twice on the us ver.
it is one of my fave. game, and i just re-bought a PSP just to play the game..... it is that good

I also bought a jeanne d'arc that im planning to play once im done with fft, and after 10 years, FFT on PSP reminds me of Zelda link to the past on gba.
Both are remakes of 10 years old games, and both are a perfect example where gameplay/story > graphics.

BTW, if you are really looking at SRPG market, i heard disgaea is good too....

Baron Of Hell 10-31-07 07:52 PM

Never played d'arc but FFT is a great game. I played it through twice and loved every minute.

Fok 10-31-07 10:27 PM

I've never played FF Tactics before so I'm not quite sure what to expect. Guess I'll try Jeanne first then move onto tactics.