DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   Video Game Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk-15/)
-   -   Is there anywhere to trade a 360 console toward an HD-DVD player? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/video-game-talk/514976-there-anywhere-trade-360-console-toward-hd-dvd-player.html)

BravesMG 10-20-07 03:59 PM

Is there anywhere to trade a 360 console toward an HD-DVD player?

I've got an extra 360 that was being used as a combination HD-DVD player with the add-on drive, but I let my brother take the add-on to college since I didn't think I was using it all that much.

Holy crap was I wrong. I never play the actual 360, but didn't realize how much I watched HD-DVDs in my bedroom until it was gone. I've got a 360 Elite in the living room, so I've got no ties toward trading away the extra 360, but I'm trying to put it towards a new HD-DVD player. The usual suspects (EB, PlayNTrade, Hastings) don't carry stand alone HD-DVD players, and I would prefer the advanced capabilities of the stand alone to buying another add-on.

I don't even mind taking a hit on the console, if there was somewhere to trade it in toward a new HD-DVD player (preferably the HD-A30), anywhere from $180 - $220 (about what it trades in for at EB, it also depends on if there are any trade-in specials going on). Can anyone think of somewhere I would be missing?

GatorDeb 10-20-07 04:06 PM

Why not buy an extra add-on?

BravesMG 10-20-07 04:31 PM

I'll be moving soon and would prefer the advanced audio and HDMI upconverting of a stand alone to the add-on. The Best Buy deal starting tomorrow is awfully tempting, but I think I'd rather future-proof the player for my next room instead of having to buy another one to get the higher specs.

boredsilly 10-21-07 10:40 AM

Probably not a tradein place for a 1-to-1 swap, but you could always just sell the 360 on eBay or something and then use the money for a player.

BravesMG 10-21-07 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by boredsilly
Probably not a tradein place for a 1-to-1 swap, but you could always just sell the 360 on eBay or something and then use the money for a player.

I'm really trying to avoid that with the sketchy track record of 360s. This one did RROD quite a while ago, but they fixed it and sent back the same console and it's worked perfectly ever since. I'd rather trade in in somewhere they can check it immediately, but I probably will have to go the Ebay/Craig's List route.

REL77 10-21-07 03:23 PM

Just sell the 360 on Ebay or Craigslist

REL77 10-22-07 07:31 AM

I know my Micro Center takes vido game trades, they might also take hardware, and I think they sell HD_DVD players there. If you happen to be a lucky one with a microcenter near by, call them up and ask

BravesMG 10-22-07 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by REL77
I know my Micro Center takes vido game trades, they might also take hardware, and I think they sell HD_DVD players there. If you happen to be a lucky one with a microcenter near by, call them up and ask

Damn, that's a good idea, but no Micro Center out here. I do remember them from living in Philly and that would have been perfect. I would have sworn Hastings out here would carry HD-DVD players, or at least be able to order them, but alas no luck...

boston george 10-22-07 10:37 AM

Independent Used DVD/Video Game stores here will give you cash for a 360.

I traded one of mine in at a store called Disc Replay and they gave me $250.