Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games
View Poll Results: Which PS2 RPG should I play next?
Atelier Iris 3
0%
Rogue Galaxy
60.00%
Persona 3
20.00%
Front Mission 4
20.00%
Wild Arms 5
0%
Ar Tonelico
0%
Other?
0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Help me decide which PS2 RPG to play next.

Old 10-20-07, 01:57 PM

Help me decide which PS2 RPG to play next.

Lately I've been buying games like crazy. Lots of good deals right now.

I have been putting off playing most of them in favour of XBLA, Halo 3, and NHL 2K8. Well it's time to get in to the backlog of games I've purchased. Most of these titles are still sealed! Since I have so many games I'm having some serious trouble deciding where to start. So help me please!

If you have a suggestion for other I'll tell you right now I'm mostly a fan of traditional turn based Japanese RPGs.

Ian

Last edited by Buckaroo Banzai; 10-20-07 at 02:43 PM.
Old 10-20-07, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I would say Rogue Galaxy and Persona 3 are the best two games on the list IMO. I haven't played Persona 3 yet, but really liked Rogue Galaxy so I give that one the nod.

I have Ar Tonelico and loved the packaging, but it didn't really grab me while playing though I'm not far into it.

I have the same problems right now. A ton of RPGs on the shelf and little time to catch up.

I recently completed Jeanne D'arc on PSP and Disgaea on PS2. I'm still in the strategy mood and will probably play FF Tactics on PSP next. No idea when I will get to the dozen or so other unplayed PS2 RPGs.
Old 10-23-07, 10:11 PM

Well, seems not many thought to help me along here. But 3 votes for "Rogue Galaxy" means I have a date with my PS2. Thanks for the help guys.

Ian
Old 10-24-07, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Persona 3 is amazing. I haven't played Rogue Galaxy but have heard good things.

I personally just finished Jeanne D' Arc a few weeks ago. I'm now playing FFTactics on PSP and I'm about halfway done. I'm trying to finish it before Disgaea PSP comes out. I too am on a Strategy kick haha.

I don't have my PS3 anymore so I can't play PS2 games anymore. But if you like SRPGs I'd recommend the NIS games if you haven't played them. Phantom Brave, Makai Kingdom, La Pucelle etc.
Old 10-24-07, 04:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Argh, RPG backlog! I still have PS1 RPGs that I need to start. Somehow I have Persona 3 and I still haven't finished Persona 1. Just bought Rogue Galaxy, Blue Dragon, Final Fantasy Tactics, SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters, the new Zelda DS game, and even the poorly-reviewed Growlanser game. Right now I'm playing through Eternal Sonata, Jeanne D'Arc, Final Fantasy 3 (DS), Final Fantasy XII. It's a sickness, I tell you.
Old 10-24-07, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Persona 3 is the correct answer.