Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Street Fighter 4 Announced

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-09, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Street Fighter 4 Announced

This game needs a lobby system, but I like this new mode better actually because you don't have to play the same player more than once. I kinda feel bad about kicking people out in the other modes.

If any of you guys wanna hit me up for some fun gaming. I've been practicing with gouken, I'm not that good but love a good challenge.

XBL: Ang Colette
Old 04-28-09, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get why they didn't just try to create the same online system as SF2HDR. Even if the same people didn't work on both projects, don't you think they would have look at essentially what a competing game is doing
Old 05-14-09, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

So far all the complaints about Ken players early on, I pretty much don't see any now in Championship mode. Mostly Ryu, Cammy, Sagat, and maybe Balrog or Vega.
Old 05-15-09, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

I've seen a lot of Fei Long too for some reason.

I played a guy in my bracket yesterday that completely annihilated me with Ryu. I don't think I've played someone that good ever.
Old 05-15-09, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by fumanstan
So far all the complaints about Ken players early on, I pretty much don't see any now in Championship mode. Mostly Ryu, Cammy, Sagat, and maybe Balrog or Vega.
Yeah, I wonder why that is. At first, Ken was at least every 3rd match, now I'm lucky if I see him once every ten rounds.
Old 05-22-09, 03:03 AM

This game is ridiculously hard in Arcade mode even on easiest difficulty. Glad I only rented it.
Old 05-22-09, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MJG87
This game is ridiculously hard in Arcade mode even on easiest difficulty. Glad I only rented it.
You have any previous experience with Street Fighter...or did you do some of the tutorial/challenge modes?

Easy mode is a snoozefest except for Seth, who is the cheapest boss I've seen in a fighting game in ages. Even medium difficulty is pretty easy except for Seth.
Old 05-22-09, 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by GreenMonkey
You have any previous experience with Street Fighter...or did you do some of the tutorial/challenge modes?

Easy mode is a snoozefest except for Seth, who is the cheapest boss I've seen in a fighting game in ages. Even medium difficulty is pretty easy except for Seth.
Grew up on it!

Actually they appeared to have patched the so called "snooze fest". I deleted my game data, turned off my net and tried again without the patch update, much better this time and definitely easy except for Seth. I don't know why the patch makes the "EASIEST" mode hard but it does at least for me.
Old 05-22-09, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 444 Likes on 311 Posts

Yeah, there was a bug that occurred if you downloaded the patch to an installed game that made the A.I. play very cheap - especially Seth.

When I re-installed the game, without the patch, I beat shit out of Seth without even trying (unlocking all the hidden characters), whereas before, I could not get close to beating him at all.
Old 05-24-09, 08:26 PM

Ok I've become a trophy freak, might as well try to get the online ones, anyone game? I'm tired of playing with d-bags and Kens lol
Old 05-25-09, 02:58 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Play championship mode, and you'll find way less Ken's. But probably tons of Ryu and Sagats. I rarely play other Ken's at the G2 level, and i'm at G2-D at the moment.
Old 07-21-09, 01:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So the tournament edition stick is back in stock everywhere - anyone who bought in early and still regularly play develop any problems with after long term use? This looks like a nice b-day gift to me.
Old 07-28-09, 09:49 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts

http://www.gamestop.com/Stores/thedeal/

I know it's GameStop (), but they have SF4 for the PS3 or XBOX for $20.

AFAIK, it's online only.
Old 07-28-09, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thanks for the tip. Now I can return the copy I borrowed from my cousin 4 months ago.
Old 07-28-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Wow, crazy. I've spent 90+ hours on SF4 now and still play online.
Old 07-28-09, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Goldberg74
http://www.gamestop.com/Stores/thedeal/

I know it's GameStop (), but they have SF4 for the PS3 or XBOX for $20.

AFAIK, it's online only.
Not sure what "AFAIK" means but I just picked up a copy in store for that price.
Old 07-28-09, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ AFAIK = As far as I know

V :-P

Last edited by Bandit03; 07-28-09 at 08:14 PM.
Old 07-28-09, 04:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^^Attempt failed at insightful knowledge
Old 08-09-09, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

This fucking game is a bitch and a half and I grew up on street fighter. No one can beat me out of all my friends and family except one cousin, yet the survival and time challenges are shit. Its a fat waste of time when all I want is different colors.

I havent tried to unlock the secret characters yet but you guys are saying they made a patch that makes the easiest setting harder? What the fuck? I didnt get a patch as I dont recall it doing any updates but if I have to uninstall, will all my save data dissapear? Is there a way I can get someone elses save data and not go through all the trouble.

Last edited by Ravenous; 08-09-09 at 07:53 PM.
Old 08-09-09, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ravenous
This fucking game is a bitch and a half and I grew up on street fighter. No one can beat me out of all my friends and family except one cousin, yet the survival and time challenges are shit. Its a fat waste of time when all I want is different colors.

I havent tried to unlock the secret characters yet but you guys are saying they made a patch that makes the easiest setting harder? What the fuck? I didnt get a patch as I dont recall it doing any updates but if I have to uninstall, will all my save data dissapear? Is there a way I can get someone elses save data and not go through all the trouble.
Seems silly to get that upset over just unlocking colors. They're supposed to be hard. If you're doing the challenges, the easiest way is to use Zangief and use the spinning lariats over and over again.

I didn't have any issues with the 360 version's difficulty, but everyone should have gotten some sort of patch that added the Championship online mode. It certainly didn't reset any of my data. If you do have trouble unlocking characters, the easy way to do that is to play 1 round matches on Easiest.
Old 08-09-09, 10:06 PM

Oh I agree that it is silly because it shouldnt be this much of a pain to have a different color. I dont see how Zang can get all the way through spamming that move. Im at level 11 on both time and survival and the CPU is cheesy in itself.

I havent had trouble unlocking secret characters (havent tried yet) but what I was wondering is, if I uninstall my game in order to rid of the patch (so that the easiest mode wont be that difficult) will it erase the colors, personal actions, titles Ive unlcoked so far
Old 08-09-09, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Ravenous
Oh I agree that it is silly because it shouldnt be this much of a pain to have a different color. I dont see how Zang can get all the way through spamming that move. Im at level 11 on both time and survival and the CPU is cheesy in itself.

I havent had trouble unlocking secret characters (havent tried yet) but what I was wondering is, if I uninstall my game in order to rid of the patch (so that the easiest mode wont be that difficult) will it erase the colors, personal actions, titles Ive unlcoked so far
Zangief's trick works, trust me. The AI has trouble blocking the multiple hits from it. I'm surprised you're working on colors rather then unlocking all the characters though
Old 08-10-09, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by fumanstan
Zangief's trick works, trust me. The AI has trouble blocking the multiple hits from it. I'm surprised you're working on colors rather then unlocking all the characters though
If I could spam Zangs move, just to get the colors, it would make life totally easier and REALLY lower the blood preassure. I will try it later tonight cause I gave up and decided to try and beat the game.

I thought Id just do all the colors and crap cause i figured 'its probably easier than the game with boss fights' Boy was I wrong. I have it on medium but dont lose a match till Seth, than I beat him the second go. I'll lower it on the characters Im not very good with.
Old 08-10-09, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have this downstairs sealed from the 20 dollar gamestop sale... maybe I will open it soon lol
Old 08-10-09, 04:16 PM

Well Ill be damned Fu, it worked! Thanks a ton

However I did do a time challenge where I couldnt use special moves (yet the bullshit CPU can) so I couldnt do Zangs spin.... So shitty to run into that after your shared gem. But I still beat it by a miracle.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.