Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Final Fantasy Tactics...for the PSP!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-07, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Final Fantasy Tactics...for the PSP!

I really enjoyed the PS1 Final Fantasy tactics and im so glad they are bringing it back. This will be really fun to play on the go.Ive already reserved it at Gamestop. October 9th...cant wait.
Old 09-09-07, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I still have the original PS version, but I want to play it again with a decent translation. The translation on the original is almost comical.
Old 09-09-07, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 233 Likes on 166 Posts
The DS is also getting it, titled Final Fantasy Tactics A2
Old 09-09-07, 07:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by GatorDeb
The DS is also getting it, titled Final Fantasy Tactics A2
This is a sequel to the GBA FF Tactics Advance. I really liked the game and will definitely buy the DS sequel, but many people felt it inferior to the original on Playstation. The PSP is a remake of that original PS1 version with new cutscenes and most importantly a new translation.

With two excellent tactics games on the way it is a good time to be a portable Strategy RPG fan.
Old 09-09-07, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The original is my all time favorite game. This wait for the remake has been killing me. For fans of the genre, definitely check out Jeanne D'Arc, it's been great fun.

The frame rate slow down in the Japanese version of the game has been improved for the American release. The new voice-overs sound great as well.

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=8,0,0,0" id="gtembed" width="480" height="409"> <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="sameDomain" /> <param name="movie" value="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=23013"/> <param name="quality" value="high" /> <embed src="http://www.gametrailers.com/remote_wrap.php?mid=23013" swLiveConnect="true" name="gtembed" align="middle" allowScriptAccess="sameDomain" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="409"></embed> </object>
Old 09-10-07, 07:00 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 905 Likes on 667 Posts
The PSP version is getting a translation by the FF:XII team and an all new art style for the cut scenes. There will also be a few new character cameos in it. This game is the reason I'm buying a PSP.
Old 09-10-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I dunno, the graphics look really blurry on the screens I saw compared to the ps1, since they're just upscaled from the ps1 res, and most people that have played the japanese version have mentioned it as a problem (although less of a problem for some of course). The new translation is very nice to have though.
Old 09-10-07, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ugh, more blurry graphics? Why does this trend exist?